Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #1  

Talking Hello!

Hello everyone! My name is Molly. I'm 35 years old, about 5'8" & weigh around 207 - way too much! I'm "blessed" with my mother's figure, so at least all my weight is spread out evenly. But I am tired of being fat & not being able to buy cute clothes. I want to make changes in my life while I still can. I don't want to be 40 or 45 & saying I wish I had made changes sooner.

Food - My DH & I love cooking & good food. We're complete food snobs & want food to be tasty & enjoyable. My food approach is to eat healthier & portion control. I'm not picking a certain diet, other than common sense. I'm also not going to give up everything for the rest of my life. I figure if I eat skinless grilled chicken most of the time, I can have fried chicken every once in awhile. I also don't eat seafood, which is quite a bummer when trying to pick healthy meats.

Exerscise - We're just getting started with exerscising & we're trying to figure out what's right for us. I haven't been able to do any impact exerscises because of my feet. But I've recently had inserts made & just need to get a new pair of gym shoes that they fit in. I think walking will be a big part of our routine. We enjoy walking & have some great woods around us to hike in.

So I'm off to check out the posts & see what everyone else is up to.

Oh, I found this site when searching for reviews on Hip Hop Abs. Trying to decide if it was a good routine.
Molls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/195/140

Height: 5'2

Sounds like you're on the right track. I didn't do any certain "diet" either, just ate what I knew I should and walked every day. You're exactly right about doing it NOW. Once I found out it was possible and made such a huge change in my life, I wished I'd done it sooner. Of course the reason I didn't do it sooner was for the same reason I gained back 40 pounds and can't seem to stick to it again... it's HARD. But doable. I wish you great luck in this journey and WELCOME! 3FC is an awesome place full of the support of others going through the same thing as you
KatL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #3  

Oh, I wanted to add my goals. I would love to weigh 140ish. I think that's pretty reasonable. I am currently a size 18, but would like to get down to a 9 or 10. I think that's reasonable too. I know I looked pretty good at that size.

My weight history - I was a skinny, skinny kid. I graduated from high school & was a size 3. Entirely too small! I'd never had to diet or watch what I ate. I started gaining weight in college. I believe it was directly associated with the discovery of beer. :wink: So over 15 years I went from a size 3 to 18.
Molls is offline   Reply With Quote