Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/164/130

Height: 5'3"

Smile Newbie from Georgia!

Hello!

I just discovered this site this morning and I am anxious to try it out and meet some others who are in this same weightloss adventure as I am!

My story is the following... I was super thin all through highschool. I met my husband when I was a senior in HS. So, he fell in love with me when I was thin.
We got married 3 years later and 5 years later we gained 2 beautiful little girls and I gained 50 pounds!!!

I have continued to go up and down with my weight ever since (I am 42 now). I hit my all-time high of 170 a year ago. I started Weight-watchers and lost 10 of those pounds in about 3 months. Then, I quit WW's and decided that I could do it on my own. Well... I did gain a few of those pounds back and can not seem to get below 160.

At the beginning of this year, I decided to try an new plan. I would eat nothing but healthy foods. I would cut out all fast-food, soda and candy. (3 things that I lived on before) I eat only whole grain breads now and haven't had a soda or a piece of candy in weeks. If I do eat fast-food now (which isn't very often), it is the healthiest thing that they have on the menu.

I do not enjoy exercise, but I do try and walk 30 minutes a day.

I am frustrated because as hard as I am trying, the weight is not dropping off like I thought it would!! I am eating healthier than I ever have and I am seeing very little change! I have only lost 3 pounds since about mid-January.

Remember when I told you that I was thin when I met my husband??? WELL... he has not been happy with my weight gain. In fact, he has told me on more than one occasion that he is not attracted to me physically. He knows that I am trying, but he doesn't think that I am trying hard enough. He doesn't understand why I can't drop the weight like he sees people doing on all of those weight-loss comercials.

Because of how he feels about me, I have developed low self-esteem about myself. I am jealous of anyone that is thin. I am so self-concious when I am around someone thin and he is nearby. I feel like he is comparing me to them. (which knowing him like I do... he is!)

Anyway... that is my story. I would love to hear from any of you that are in a similar situation with your husband as I am. OR if you are struggling to lose weight and you "think" you are doing all the right things.

Hope you all have a blessed day!

wanttoBthin
wanttoBthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there, wanttoBthin!

Glad to "see" you here. Weight loss, gosh, we all have a lot of stories, some of which are like yours. In my case, many years ago I lost 30 pounds on WW, then skipped the maintenance part. Well, what do you think happened.

Since then my weight has gone up and down for years, but mostly in the up direction. Finally I have decided I've got to change. My old ways of eating were not working.

Sad to say, one can overeat on healthy foods as well as "junk" foods. There are many weight loss plans that help--I'm sure you're familiar with the names. I'm now a calorie counter because that seems to be the only reliable way I can be sure of what I'm taking in. Like you, I used to get the "healthiest" choices at fast food places, thinking that was "better." Then I found out how many calories most of the fast food choices have! Like, one burger, 900 cals???

These days I keep between 1200 and 1300 cals per day intake, so you can see what one trip to a fast food place would do to my daily plan!

I use the FitDay tool (it's free on a website, fitday.com, or you can download it for a small price). It lets you set weight loss goals and track your calories and activity.

Anyway, browse around the site and see what you find!

Good luck,
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #3  
carlaW

S/C/G: 180/179/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi wanttobethin, yes Jay is right, your story sounds very familiar! I am just starting over myself. I had sucess with WW in the past, but did not try to maintain it. I am trying it on my own now. I want to be thinner as well, but I also want to be healthier. Everything I have been reading and seeing says that overweight people have so many more health problems. I really don't want that. I have been very healthy all my life, and I don't want to mess it up just because I gained some weight. WW makes sense to me, and it's easier for me to count points rather than count calories, so that's what I am doing. I dont' like exercise either, but I joined a couple ladies at church and we exercise 2 times a week in the evenings. We just meet at church, pop in an exercise DVD and it is a lot more fun that way. I am trying to exercise on my own the rest of the days at home. NOt every day though!
I have trouble finding these message board threads again, so if you have any suggestions on how to find them again easily, I would sure appreciate it!
Thanks, have a great day today! ~ Carla
carlaW is offline   Reply With Quote