Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/194/170

Height: 5'8"

Default need support sisters

Just saw an article in Oprah magazine about this blog and hoped it would work for me. I need to lose weight but need some friends to keep me accountable. can't seem to do it myself. Help!

Last edited by kikibug; 03-08-2007 at 03:44 PM.
kikibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #2  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm with you, I need the accountability too! We're starting out at about the same place weightwise and locationwise too, I'm just across the sound from you in Bremerton.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello Kiki!

I have a husband who loads (or wants me to load!) the cabinets with cookies and anything else that is processed with refined sugar or corn syrup or the "bad" fats! However, he isn't skinny like your hubby; mine could stand to lose 40 lbs., but doesn't seem to care. I am hoping my success (when it happens!) will motivate him to join me. Are you going to follow a structured eating plan? How are you dealing with the knee injury? I had injuries to both feet two years ago, and it certainly put the cramp in my walking--I'm ok now though. Are you still limited with what you can do?
kotapaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #4  

After eating naproxin like candy just to be able to walk, I started taking glucosamine sulfate and within three days I felt so much better. This morning I was out on the lake rowing with my buddies. the first time in a month and it felt great. As far as food I am trying to start out with 5 fruits and vegetables daily and reducing carb filled foods. This worked for me a few years ago and was pretty easy to follow. Just have to remember to have thing cut up in the fridge and easy to grab so I don't grab junk.
Thanks so much for responding. Together we can control the fat monster.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #5  

awesome. we are similar weight and height too.. We can be a great support to each other. What did you have for lunch? I just had oatmeal for breakfast and have oranges and celery cut up for snack. Bought some sliced turkey and ham for a sandwich later rolled in lettuce instead of bread. It is quite satisfying.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #6  
Slowly but surely

Yesterday ended up not being a good day for eating. Breakfast was good, a smoothie made with plain yogurt and fruit. Lunch was a quick rollup of ham and cheese in lettuce. Dinner, on the other hand, ended up being a bottle of water, a soda, a cookie and a pack of peanut butter crackers. I was stuck standing on a pier for 6 hours, waiting on DH, and that was all there was available.

I have some healthy options in the fridge, though, so I can have a wrap for lunch.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #7  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

my 'lunch' is abit of a grey area. i prefer to call it a delayed breakfast or...middle meal lol i had...erm am having a feta cheese olive and garlic (not too hot on that) salad...kinda donated to me...free lunch yay! (small pleasures lol) i could really do with some support too and im happy to listen to and support others who want it.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #8  

Thumbs up first success

hey sisters. I am down a whole pound. probably just water weight but hey...I'll take anything. I walked my dog this morning and hopefully I will ride the exercise bike this afternoon. Keep me honest....ask me if I exercise today

how was lunch? Mine was good chicken lettuce wrap and tangerines. snack is celery with lo fat blue cheese dip
Old 03-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #9  
Slowly but surely

So, did you exercise yesterday afternoon?

I did good yesterday, a turkey & romaine wrap for lunch with some grapes. We had homemade tacos for dinner last night, a bit of a splurge but DH's "welcome home" favorite meal. The ground beef was very lean and I was light on the cheese and heavy on the fresh salsa.

Today's lunch will be bean and ham soup (I'm bringing some to a friend's baby blessing) so I'll have a wrap for dinner.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #10  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

mmm i love bean soup..very satisfying.
i had a kinda outting today with my course, ended up walking through miles of field for a couple of hours....such good exercise...then i kinda ruined it with a couple of flapjacks, i was so hungry and they had a little tea break with free cakes and things grrrr
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #11  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wink I'm new here too

Hello

I'm a newbie here.Its true that when someone needs to lose weight,they can't do it alone.Only people who struggle with weight know exactly how hard it is.I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and weight 280pounds.I want to lose weight to feel good and have energy.According to my Body Mass Index,an Ideal weight for me is 130pounds.That sounds good
ChantyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #12  

Yes I did ride the bike for a half hour. Thanks for asking. I couldn't lie to my new found support sisters.. Today is cold and rainy must either bike or go to the gym.
Does anyone know how to put the little ruler on the page. I don't see any instructions how.

Welcome chanty kitty. I'd love to help support you. Lets take it one day at a time and celebrate our successes and forgive our mishaps.

I have a good recipe for chicken chilli from weight watchers. One cup is only 3 points and is very satisfying.

1 can kidney beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can black beans, 1 can corn, 1 large can chopped tomatoes. 1 pack taco seasoning 2 boneless chicken breasts. drain the beans and corn and put it all in a pot. raw chicken and all and simmer for about an hour. shred the chicken and serve. It's really very good.

I freeze individual servings for a later time. Even my kids like it

good luck ladies
Old 03-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #13  
Slowly but surely

supergirl - good job with the walking several miles! I need to do that too but it is a nasty day today. (I'm near Seattle, with kikibug.)

Chantykitty - Welcome! I'm pretty new too, just joined up a few days ago. I hear you about needed support to lose weight. For me, the support helps keep me accountable for what I eat, until I get used to my new way of eating and it becomes a habit.

kikibug - That chili recipe sounds good, I'll have to put it on my shopping list for next week. For putting the weight ticker on, if you go under your User CP and then click the "Edit Signature" link on the side you'll see info about it at the top of the page.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #14  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

kikibughis is my first day in here.I struggle with weight...well anybody who joins this place has something in common:food addiction.I'm clueless about how this site works.I'll figure it out somehow
ChantyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote