Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/205/150

Height: 5'6

Question New CA Redhead...how does this work; how has this helped you?

Hi All!

I just stumbled across this site when I was looking for diet recipes and thought I would join for the support. I have never written in a forum but my boyfriend belongs to 3 and is always telling me I should do it to meet new people and get involved in interesting conversation. So here I am wanting to talk FAT!

I am 26 and have just reach my highest weight...207. Three years ago I was 150 and working out 5 times a week. And now I am here at 207 feeling awful about myself and very depressed about my weight. I have never been a thin girl but at least at 150 I felt very confident and comfortable in my skin. I was heavy all of high school and at 21 I started working out and got down to 150 from 175. I ask myself all the time what pushed me and I honestly can't remember.

All I know is now I want to make a change and learn to keep it off for longer than 3 years. My boyfriend lives in OK and I am here in CA and we are trying to lose weight together. We have gained weight I am sure from being apart this last year but in another year we will be back in CA together and want more than anything to have a healthy life together. We are active people who love the outdoors but more and more things are becoming harder to do.

I would like to make some friends here and hear some great stories on how everyone is losing weight. I love to cook and eat so some "good for you" recipes would be great! I wanted to go take a look at a new Gold's Gym that's opening...anyone a member? Hopefully I will join and get my butt in gear!

If I attached right....there is a pic of me before and how I look now.
Please cross your fingers I can get to the before AGAIN!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meeh.jpg (26.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0509.jpg (33.6 KB, 19 views)
Giovanni Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I too just joined but I wanted to wish you luck! I bet it's hard living apart like that.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, I wish there was the information out twenty years ago that is out today. In the last 6 weeks I have read 3 books that have changed my life:
YOU on a diet by Dr. Oz and Roizen telling me how my body works now I know why I'm obese and how to change that. Also Superfoods Rx and Superfoods Healthstyle by Dr. Pratt, telling be what are the most healthy foods to eat.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601
The above post is by one of our own chicks, hopefully you will be as inspired as I was. Good luck.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Giovanni Quickly, you might not get AS many responses here - its mostly new kids who check it regularly - you might want to repost the question in the support forum, it tends to be much busier.

This site can't do it for you, but it makes everything so much less intimidating. If you have a simple question, you don't have to do hours of research, or get up the nerve to call your doctor, or go to a nutritionist - you can post it here, and either get answers from every perspective OR the direction to know who to ask. If you've had a bad day, foodwise, or are doubting yourself, all it takes is a single "I need support" post, and twenty wonderful, strong as ****, smart and funny women will swoop in to rescue you. Its pretty cool, I have to say.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey,

As you can see, I've been hanging around since 2004. In that time I lost weight, gained it back, lost more, stalled, and now once again I'm losing, and I hope for good. I am now at a weight I haven't been at for years, and still dropping. I'm using the FitDay tracker (computerized--do a web search) to keep track of my exercise and eating.

This site helps me to keep going with my plan because I can read what others are going through and have experienced in their journey. There are also lots of tips and information from people about what works and what doesn't.

Good luck! enjoy!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/205/150

Height: 5'6

How do I repost it somewhere else? Do I have to just cut and paste or is there a way to send it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by improbable View Post
Hey Giovanni Quickly, you might not get AS many responses here - its mostly new kids who check it regularly - you might want to repost the question in the support forum, it tends to be much busier.

This site can't do it for you, but it makes everything so much less intimidating. If you have a simple question, you don't have to do hours of research, or get up the nerve to call your doctor, or go to a nutritionist - you can post it here, and either get answers from every perspective OR the direction to know who to ask. If you've had a bad day, foodwise, or are doubting yourself, all it takes is a single "I need support" post, and twenty wonderful, strong as ****, smart and funny women will swoop in to rescue you. Its pretty cool, I have to say.
Giovanni Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 060/248/170

Height: 5'10"

I am mew too. Trying to figure everything out.
Abbiewrites is offline   Reply With Quote