Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/289/265.5 (10% Goal)

Height: 5'9"

Red face New to 3FC, not dieting :-)

Hi everyone!

I'm new around these parts but I've been lurking for the last couple of days. I'm 24 but this isn't my first experience with dieting - heck, my parents put me on WW when I was only 16! I've always been heavier than "normal." I thought I was fat when I was a size 12 at 18 y.o. but I would love to just make it back there! I struggled with depression through college and the combination of staying in bed all day and eating dorm food definitely put on the pounds and gave me many bad eating habits. But, this time I'm going to do it right and for good.

I've started out with exercise before food this time. I have been going to the gym with my father 3-4 nights a week after work to do 30-40 mins of the elliptical machine. He's a great gym buddy because I can't call him to cancel because it just makes me feel guilty! And he can't cancel on me cause he picks me up from work on those days. So we force each other. On this coming wednesday we're going to start working out with a personal trainer twice a week.

I've been keeping track of all my food in fitday for the last week or so, bad and good. I've slowly been working on making better choices and buying the right foods from the store (lots of fruits and veggies). I've also been toying with maybe dragging my dad to WW on saturday but maybe I'll wait a week longer to see if I need the extra help with food, and what my trainer suggests. I just know that I can't do meal plans where they tell you what to eat. I just can't stand that level of restriction - but was able to follow the old 123points plan with WW so I know I can do that.

So that's me and briefly my story (not so brief when you look at it though). I look forward to chatting with y'all.
compscinerdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi and welcome!

You're starting -very- close to where I started (though you are a little taller). It IS possible and you CAN do this! WTG on getting in your exercise...it is so important. Keep tracking what you're eating, move toward whole foods, and don't deny yourself a treat every once in a while...after all, this is a whole new lifestyle, not just a diet you'll stick to and then give up when you reach goal.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote