Old 06-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #1  

Default Am I doing this right?

I'm trying the IP diet without going to a clinic, just piecing it together by what I can find online. Each day I drink three protein shakes (Premier Protein premix or Muscle Milk Whey powder), eat 4 cups of vegetables from the Phase 1 list, and eat an 8 oz portion of lean meat from the Phase 1 list. Plus glasses and glasses of water and a bunch of pills I've measured out to be equivalent to the IP supplement protocol. I was snacking on celery and radishes per the "unlimited raw" veggie list, but have since read in one of these forums that the snacks count against the daily 4 cup allotment so I started measuring and counting those now.

I also stopped exercising but I'm eager to get back to that. I'm only interested in lap swimming and yoga, no weight lifting or anything too intense.

Am I missing anything food wise, and when can I start swimming again? The diet is working well for me so far, 20 lbs in 3 weeks, but that could just be from giving up beer and pizza for 21 days!?
DIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:33 PM   #2  

I visited the clinic for the workshop. they said you could lift weights and walk but no vigorous cardio. I would think you could swim if its not vigorous cardio. I'm just planning to start. how did you figure out the protein supplements.
DebbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #3  

Thanks for the info - I will go to the pool today!

I found the nutritional information for the IP meal replacement drinks online and found some with comparable protein and carbs. The carbs are actually a little lower in what I'm using compared to the IP drink. I read that the IP is:
Meal Replacement Drink Mix Vanilla
Per 1 packet - Calories: 210kcal | Fat: 6.00g | Carbs: 14.00g | Protein: 26.00g

Last edited by DIYer; 06-29-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #4  

thanks
DebbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hi DIYer - Mild exercise is OK, you may need to add a packet when you exercise.
The unlimited veggies can count toward the 4 cups or can be in addition to the 4 cups. Your choice.
I think the the IP Meal Replacement Drink you're referring to is not protocol for Phase 1 - it's used in Phase 3. Might want to double check that. If you're looking for an alternate for the IP drink packets, your best bet is Quest powders, you can get them almost anywhere, and they fit P1 protocol.

Good luck!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Hi DIYer - Mild exercise is OK, you may need to add a packet when you exercise.
The unlimited veggies can count toward the 4 cups or can be in addition to the 4 cups. Your choice.
I think the the IP Meal Replacement Drink you're referring to is not protocol for Phase 1 - it's used in Phase 3. Might want to double check that. If you're looking for an alternate for the IP drink packets, your best bet is Quest powders, you can get them almost anywhere, and they fit P1 protocol.

Good luck!
So I wasn't doing it right! Thanks, I'll get some Quest powder. What I've been using has 30 to 60 more calories and a couple more carbs.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

If you would like some additional support you can visit the Ideal Protein Alternatives Facebook page. Lots of guidelines to help those without a coach.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
If you would like some additional support you can visit the Ideal Protein Alternatives Facebook page. Lots of guidelines to help those without a coach.
Thanks!