Old 06-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/246/145

Height: 5'5

Default I need some motivation

So I just got my 6th weigh in yesterday and I was "down" 2 lbs. BUT the last two weeks (starting last Monday) have been so weird for me. I keep going down a pound up a pound on the scale every morning. I was 242.4 yesterday morning when i went to go get weighed. Tofay I was 243.4. I didnt deviate from plan at all..i havent the entire time but I cant seem to bust through 242. i think if i had gone and got weighed today I wouldnt have been down 2 lbs I might have been down 1 or none at all. im getting frustrated. any tips?
Manicjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Don't be discouraged. Weight loss isn't linear, some weeks will be more/less than others. Often when you don't see a loss on the scale, you are losing inches - did you get measured? Sometimes you don't see a loss for a couple of weeks and then you have a sudden whoosh
Make sure you're getting enough water, salt, oil. If you're exercising, are you doing more than suggested?
It seems counter-intuitive, but sometimes adding an extra packet might make the scale move; I know, we all think cutting back calories even more will make it budge, but I know that sometimes worked for me, and I recall others saying the same, sometimes your body just needs things to be changed up a bit.
Hang in there, IP will work.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My #1 tip - Don't weigh every day. If you absolutely must (I know how it can be, lol) then make yourself an excel spreadsheet that gives you averages over 1-2 weeks each day. That way it evens out the daily fluctuations and you can see the real overall result.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Try not to do that? Way easier said then done! Remember that fat has a lot of hormones stuck in it and as you're releasing the fat the hormones are releasing (which doesn't help the mood swings). So even if you aren't seeing the scale go down you're releasing something if you're following the program. Chin up, stay the course and it will happen for you. I kept and still keep reminding myself this is a journey not an event.

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-27-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone. this morning I seemed to bus through this wall I had going on as I was down to 241. thanks for the support. Hit 30 pounds gone this morning! in 6 weeks. I need to remember that when Im the scale seems stalled.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Manicjohah - I just read something on my fitness pal linked blog -- Why a wait loss stall is good .. the sum of the story was the you are no longer a beginner and that you have been successful for a while. keep up the good work.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

30 pounds in 6 weeks is awesome! You go. I'm *almost* to 30 in 10 weeks (I'm ok with that) which is better than anything I've ever tried EVER!
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone. I have to remember this a a journey and not every week is going to be textbook. its just hard for an over analyzer like me!