Old 06-15-2016, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Flavoured Coffee

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this site -- and just now realized that there is an Ideal Protein thread! I just started the program about 10 days ago.

Can anyone tell me if flavored coffee (the Keurig cups) are allowed? I couldn't tell by the labels if there is any carb/sugar in them or not?

Thank you so much.
Kate2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

HI Kate and welcome! Here's a helpful spot:
http://blog.crosscountrycafe.com/blo...n-sugar-or-fat

Remember though that coffee is only in moderation in P1/2 so don't get too carried away, lol.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #3  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

If it wasn't for flavored coffee and herbal tea, I would never have made it through Phase 1. I have a flavored decaf coffee for "dessert" after dinner. It has also made drinking black coffee easier in the morning.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #4  

Flavoured coffees (kcups) are not a problem , it's an essence there's no carbs or sugar. That said, some kcups do have carbs and sugar. Like cappuccino, latte, hot chocolate, and I used to be addicted to the caramel cider.
Now to replace my cider urges, when I'm in the US I buy no calorie Apple drink mix, dilute double strength and put in fridge. When I want a caramel cider, I fill half a mug, fill the rest with water, add a shot of caramel da Vinci syrup, and heat up! Gives the same taste without the carbs
RealNatalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/186/140

HI. I know this thread is old. But can someone tell me if flavored coffee from Starbucks if sugar free is ok ?
Mommyof3girls1boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3girls1boy View Post
HI. I know this thread is old. But can someone tell me if flavored coffee from Starbucks if sugar free is ok ?
Absolutely. It is fine. I drink the Chocolate Glazed Donut K-Cups with 1 Tablespoon milk. You are allowed 2 Tablespoons milk for coffee per day, so I have two cups. I also add some Walden Farms creamer. My coach says the first cup is "free" and with the second cup I have to increase my water for the day. I am way over on water anyway, so no problem for me. I really enjoy one cup in the morning at home then take one to work to have in the morning.

I am rebooting. The first time I did IP (lost 90 pounds) I did it with no coffee, I only drank tea. I am doing really well on it the way I am doing it now. If that changes, I will go back to tea.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote