Old 04-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.4/209.6/135

Height: 5'2

Default Day 8

Good morning!

I am just starting Day 8 of phase 1 today. I'm going in to weigh in later.

I thought I'd ask everyone a few questions. I really don't want to fail at this diet and I'm scared that I'm going to. Here are my reasons why:

1) I work long hours (7-5) and I find if I eat my breakfast anywhere between 6-8 I am lightheaded by 10:30. Therefore, I am eating my snack at 10:30. Lunch rolls around and I try to stretch out till 1-2. Time I get home from work again I am starving, on the verge of throwing up because I feel nauseous.

2)I have to travel for work shortly (I can take my packets with me) but it's going to be incredibly hard to just have them as I do not have access to a fridge (veggies) and I can't guarantee I'll even be able to get to a local store (very remote location). Meals are provided for the trip but obviously they are not IP friendly.

3) I am terrified that the fogginess in my brain is going to be around for work. It has probably dropped by production by 40%. I'm not able to answer a many complex questions. I almost feel out of it.

So far this week (my self-weigh in-I weigh in at the clinic in a few hours) I have lost 8.8 pounds on week one. I am currently starting day 8. The fogginess in my brain is already here.

Does anyone have any helpful tips? My Coach tells me to have more Ideal Salt.

I know this is also horrible, but this week has been really hard when I needed my coach and I call and she's sitting there eating chips when she's instructing me on what to do. Please keep in mind my coach is probably over 300 pounds herself. I know her journey doesn't matter to mine, but I have to make sure I'm getting the right advise.

Thanks
IPinCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I can't help but wonder how different people have different experiences. We're about the same size and I'm also on day 8. I lost only half of what you lost the first week (and I was very strict with the exception of eating 5 olives by mistake the second day). I feel very energetic and clear at this point. I drink about 100 ounces of water daily as well. I also work full-time and am taking two classes right now (plus kids, husband, family, etc.). No advice yet. Just support.
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #3  

I have the same issue with the big gap between breakfast and lunch. I eat breakfast between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m., and lunch is after 12:00 noon. What my coach has told me to do, and what I have done all last week, is to eat 2 hard boiled egg whites. That has absolutely fixed up that issue. I am hungry between 9:30 and 10:00, and once I eat those (with some of the IP sprinkled on them), I feel great and my hunger pangs are gone.

I am on day 9, so the same length of time for me on this plan.
Najean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #4  

Hi there,
My understanding is that the brain fog is part of the ketosis flu you get the first week. It should be lifting. I agree with your coach, add in more salt, drink more water. I drink 12-14 glasses a day. If you are hungry mid-day between meals eat as many free veggies as you can. Cucumber and celery are your friend. Egg whites can also be beneficial. I can't help with the travel part although getting to a store will be key for veggies and such. But best of luck. You've done great so far! It gets so much better!
Huben01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hi IPinCanada - the travel sounds like a bit of a challenge for you!
You mentioned meals were being provided. Can you get in touch with whoever is preparing meals, and request plain salad, veggies, meats without oil/sauces, etc? A supply of hard boiled eggs?
Are you driving or flying? Can you take a collapsible cooler with you, some freezer packs, fill it with lettuce, spinach raw veggies. etc. make your own oil/vinegar dressings. Should keep for a few days. Or the hotel's ice machine could give you enough ice to keep things cold.
For the in-between snacking, the egg white, celery, cucumber are all good ideas. It's not terrible to have an extra packet if you're hungry. Or take your bar and cut it into 3 or 4 pieces, and have a piece when it's hungry-time. is there access to hot tea, or hot lemon water? hot drinks help to alleviate the hunger pangs.

For the times you're not travelling, you can rearrange your meals, or split them into more meals. Some people have dinner at lunch time, for instance, if that would help. I used to have my breakfast shake in 2 batches, half early and half mid-morning ( I made it with spinach, IP drink, lots of ice and water)

Hope some of this helps.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi IPinCanada and others, Welcome! I'm on day 10. I'm feeling pretty good lately (thankfully) but the first two-three days were difficult. I also work a lot and have a very chaotic schedule. I have to travel for days at a time with our team and we eat out at night together and also get our food paid for by the company. I've found it is more difficult for me then for my colleagues because these days people have all sorts of special eating/dietary needs. If I go on a trip already thinking I'm going to mess up then I inevitably do. If I go in thinking I will stay strong and 100% then I do. It is a battle in the mind and will and finally making a decision to stay solid. Right now I need to solid for myself because I'm sick of giving up and not fitting any of my clothes for the fourth of fifth fricking year. Can you believe I have four sizes of clothes in my closet and I'm maxed out and haven't worn the smaller sizes in years - why don't I get rid of them? Okay long post alert sorry to soapbox. Anyways, I have lost so many times but I'm determined to go 60 days solid right now. You can do it. Don't be discouraged or psych yourself out.
stickingtotheplan is offline   Reply With Quote