Old 11-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.8/184/130

Height: 5"6"

Default EAS AdvantEdge cause stalls?

For those of you using alternatives, did anyone find that EAS AdvantEDGE shakes caused stalls? They definitely seem to stall me, and it's frustrating. I'm waiting on my order from Nashua Nutrition, and the EAS shakes seem to be the only thing I can find that's P1 compliant until my ProtiThin/ProtiDiet stuff arrives.
blondee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #2  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondee43 View Post
For those of you using alternatives, did anyone find that EAS AdvantEDGE shakes caused stalls? They definitely seem to stall me, and it's frustrating. I'm waiting on my order from Nashua Nutrition, and the EAS shakes seem to be the only thing I can find that's P1 compliant until my ProtiThin/ProtiDiet stuff arrives.
Quite a few folks use them and this is the first I am hearing of someone associating it with stalls. How do you know that they "definitely seem to stall me"? How long have you been stalled? I suspect it is something else or you are not stalled in the true definition of a stall.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #3  

I've read people on the Atkins diet experience stalls from them, but wasn't sure with the IP group. It's been 10 days at the same weight, which is when I switched over from using IP products to alternatives

Last edited by blondee43; 11-15-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #4  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I've used them pretty frequently with no problem.... Have you checked your measurements?
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #5  

HereIStand - no, but that's a good point. I've just been weighing... I should probably start doing measures too. I'll start that today!
Old 11-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

What else are you using? In my experience, I found using too much artificial sweetener / fake stuff stalled me. I cannot use any Walden Farms products, crystal light, mio... All of that stuff has a negative effect on my system and stalls my losses. I also can't do any soy products, as that causes stalls for me.

I have been doing alternatives this time around and have been using the Quest protein powder with good success. It is a good, clean protein powder and it tastes delicious.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #7  

jennydoodle - I've only been using the EAS shakes for the past 10 days. I don't use any WF stuff or water flavoring... just the shakes and my veggies and meat per protocol. I'll check out the Quest stuff while I'm waiting for my other order to arrive.

That's interesting about the soy products stalling you. I just looked at the EAS label and it looks like they use soy protein isolate, so maybe that's my issue.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #8  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

blondee - we can better help you if you share more info. How long have you been doing the program? What else do you eat?
As an example, the 3rd week is notoriously a low loss week. This is usually due to big losses in weeks 1 and 2.
The point is unless you have been doing the program a really long time, you should consistently lose every week. From your profile, I don't think that is the case for you unless your weight tracking isn't up to date. In situations like I describe, IP has countermeasures for stalls - using what they call Rocket Fuel foods only, which are the lowest carb products - drinks, soups, omelets, (I think pudding mixes qualify - you have to check carbs). Then, another more extreme approach is to do boot camp for a week, which consists of changing your animal protein dinner with 2 packets. But, I don't think yours is a true stall but rather water retention or something of the sort. This is why I am saying that if you provide more info, we can help you more.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:01 AM   #9  
Sahara

S/C/G: 182.2/140.2/147

Height: 5' 6.5"

I used the EAS shakes twice a day my entire time on program and use them for my maintenance P1 days with no problems.
saharag is offline   Reply With Quote