Old 09-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Phase 1 - daily calorie/protein/etc. intake

Hi,
I’m about to start IP (Wednesday) and I’m trying to get as much info together as possible…YAY OCD! This site is a lifesaver, because the group in my area is not very friendly. I only went to one meeting so far and it feels like they are all competing with each other.
Sooooo here is my question, what is the “ideal” calorie/protein/fat/carbs breakdown per day for Phase I?
I have the per packet info, but would like to have a general daily total idea.
Thank you !!
Have a great day
N
NatNatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #2  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Here's what mine was using IP products.
Cal/Protein/Fat/Carb
861 117 20 54
54% 21% 25% (Net Carbs between 30-40)

Here is what it is now using alternatives.
851 119 29 29
56% 31% 13% (Net Carbs between 10-20)

Note that I have been more conscious to get more healthy fats and less overall carbs but either is fine. I did this because I found my Vitamin D was quite low and my doctor told me that you need to have enough fat to absorb Vitamin D so I was worried that I wasn't getting enough fat. I switched from Extra Lean Turkey to Lean Turkey and added an extra teaspoon of olive oil.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #3  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Btw, I have a bit of OCD too. Or, I really like spreadsheets. I keep this info in an Excel spreadsheet...I guess similar to what My Fitness Pal does but I like to have my own documents. I print these out for my nutritionist appointments. I have linked copies to it on this site but I have made changes to it since then. If you would like a copy, let me know and I'll post a link to the most recent version. I keep daily stats as well as weekly averages. I use it for meal planning mainly and for analysis purposes like what you were asking.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:11 PM   #4  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Btw, I have a bit of OCD too. Or, I really like spreadsheets. I keep this info in an Excel spreadsheet...I guess similar to what My Fitness Pal does but I like to have my own documents. I print these out for my nutritionist appointments. I have linked copies to it on this site but I have made changes to it since then. If you would like a copy, let me know and I'll post a link to the most recent version. I keep daily stats as well as weekly averages. I use it for meal planning mainly and for analysis purposes like what you were asking.
Hahaha Excel is my BFF. It would be great if you could share your file. I was going to create my own tonight so that will probably save me some time Thank you !!!!
Old 09-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatNatZ View Post
Hi,
I’m about to start IP (Wednesday) and I’m trying to get as much info together as possible…YAY OCD! This site is a lifesaver, because the group in my area is not very friendly. I only went to one meeting so far and it feels like they are all competing with each other.
Sooooo here is my question, what is the “ideal” calorie/protein/fat/carbs breakdown per day for Phase I?
I have the per packet info, but would like to have a general daily total idea.
Thank you !!
Have a great day
N
This is the right place to be. Welcome!! I've been on IP since February. I understand the OCD, believe me I am lucky, I have a great coach- she's been a maintainer for about 3 years. They only have the initial meeting here, introducing the program. The support, knowledge and wisdom you will find on this site is nothing short of amazing.
There is so much to learn. I'm about 20 lbs from my goal, so I am trying to learn more about the phasing off so I am prepared. I subscribe to so many IP threads on here and find that to be super helpful.
It's a great, very easy to follow program. That's one of the things I like about it. Phase 1 requires next to no thought. It's all laid out there for you. I am surprised to learn how many veggies are on the higher carb side. Until about a week ago, I was 100% IP. I have started to add in some alternatives (there are forums for this too) just to try to curb some of the costs. I'm not sure yet if I'll continue with them or go back completely 100% until I meet my goal. There are people who do the whole program alternatively. Hysteria625 is one, she has done an amazing job.
Well, off to work- I wish you the greatest of success with IP- staty close to the forums and you will do great things!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #6  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I'm also doing all alternatives. When I started, I asked a ton of questions on a Facebook group about the numbers. No OCD here, I just like to understand something if I'm engaged in it. One former coach in the group dismissed my questions and said, "You don't need to know the numbers. Just eat what's on the sheet." That didn't sit right with me . It's my body, I have the right to be an informed consumer! And so do you. I'd probably be a terrible patient at a real IP clinic. hahaha!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Default Spreadsheet Link

Sorry for the delay.

Here is the link...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing

Fill in the Green sections for each day. The first column is based upon the Food Item # in the Food List tab. Note that you may have to add your own foods to this as all of yours may not be there.
In the second green column in the daily journal, enter how many servings of the associated item you had.

There is a weekly summary tab at the end which will give you a summarized view of the week, day and weekly averages. You can also track your weight and such there.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Welcome Nat!
I'm a spreadsheet'er too & like lists a bunch.

For various reasons, I've done IP on alt products - Nashua is my go-to but also get a few things here and there from GNC and now, The Vitamin Shoppe

When I was 100% P1, on-protocol, my macros generally broke down to:
50 protein
30 fat
20 carb
Calories range was 750 (lowest & few/far between) - 1,100 - averaging out to about 950

I actually track with MyFitnessPal - its been a great tool! It isn't always 100% and you have to be careful which product you choose - although it's gotten better with the 'green checked' verified items.

Stick around - it WILL be worth it
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Sorry for the delay.

Here is the link...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing

Fill in the Green sections for each day. The first column is based upon the Food Item # in the Food List tab. Note that you may have to add your own foods to this as all of yours may not be there.
In the second green column in the daily journal, enter how many servings of the associated item you had.

There is a weekly summary tab at the end which will give you a summarized view of the week, day and weekly averages. You can also track your weight and such there.
AMAZING !!! Thank you !!!!
I'm starving
Old 09-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #10  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
I'm starving
In the first week, you can have an extra (4th) packet every day, to help you adapt to the protocol.

When I started and got the hungries, I had a cup of chicken broth or a dill pickle. Or a cup of tea. Sometimes hot drinks will help curb that hunger for a while. It gets better after the first week.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: ??/225/200

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I'm starving
Thanks! I'm going to use this!
peachesbeskintysoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #12  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
I'm starving
You are welcome! Sorry to hear that. Are you consuming enough fat? It is naturally satiating.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #13  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesbeskintysoon View Post
Thanks! I'm going to use this!
You are welcome! Let me know if you have any questions.