Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #61  

Hi all - checking in. I am still on IP and loving it! Have found a Facebook page with recipes that is keeping me sane and happy. I started IP on March 8 and am now down 30#. I have 20 more to go and I have slowed - last 3 weeks have been .6 each week lost, but I have not had 1 week the entire time that I have not lost weight so I am happy with it all. I am so confident that I will reach my goal THIS time (so many years, so many diets) that I am not worrying a bit how long it takes for this last 20. I also think there will be some weeks when I do see more (I lost almost 4 lbs in one week a while back).

I now weigh less than I have in over 20 years and all my 'skinny clothes' are getting baggy so feeling so great.

Hang in there everyone - you can do it if I can, believe me!!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

YAAAAY! Congrats JJTx!!!

Soon to be slim lil JJTx Chick!
Liana
Old 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #63  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabmva View Post
Hang in there TripSwitch -- my progress from the 160s to the 150s was by far the longest and most up and down in weight. It was definitely a sticky point for me -- I think was a weight I'd been for a long time, a long time ago.

You'll do it ... just buckle down and keep on going. You got this!
Thanks!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

JJTx - Amazing! 134 pounds in 12 months! Congrats!

NTL - glad you've stayed OP and are doing well! It's so awesome when those "skinny" clothes start bagging!

Today was rough and super stressful - our chocolate lab got into something...we're not sure what - and has had severe diarrhea for the last 72 hours. She started vomiting this morning so the vet wanted to see her this afternoon. Everything at work blew up and I just had to walk out...my fur baby needed me.
She's fine - medicated, given a shot for the tummy ache - she ate really well tonight (boiled chicken & white rice for the next 4/5 days) and is snoozing. This is the dog that ate a pan of brownies! She had the hershey squirts from that incident for 2 days, but nothing like last night / today Needless to say, we are going to have to steam clean our carpets very soon!

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian iPeeps

Heading into the July 4th weekend here...1/2 day tomorrow, off Friday and another concert - more 80's rock Def Leppard w/ Tesla and Styx . We're meeting some friends at a brew pub for them to pre-game - I'll have my cooler loaded with unsweetened tea and water...debating what to take with me to eat...harder to get into this concert venue with IP foods.

Then Saturday we head west for a BBQ with one of hubby's oldest friends I am making deviled eggs and am planning a treating myself with one
Old 07-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Yesterday was my 1-year anniversary on IP, and today I hit goal and started Phase 2! I am grateful for these boards, and for all of you who are on this journey with me.

Stay strong everyone, if I can do it you can too!
WTG JJTX!!

I am SO proud of you! You did it!! Phasing off is an exciting time. This is what you've been working for!

Enjoy this moment. You've earned it!!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 07-01-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:12 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Again, I am humbled and amazed how well IP has worked for me...this mornings weigh in of 174.8 puts me 0.8 away from -60 in 21 weeks and less than 20 pounds from a HEALTHY weight!!!!!

:c p:
yay bethhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 02:16 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macy08035 View Post
Hi everyone,
Just want to send out good vibes and a "keep up the good work" to everyone as we enter a holiday weekend. These can be more challenging, but WE CAN DO IT!!
On my 7th week WI I gained 1 lb, so I'm working on my own attitude and trying not to let it get me down. I can't blame it on TOM, so I'm looking at other factors, especially since I've been OP. Maybe I need more water, maybe having my WI in the afternoon vs. morning made a difference...not sure.
I'm keeping the faith, as I love this program and one wonky WI will not deter me! My coach suggested walking a few times a week, nothing that gets me out of breath. I realize I really do need to add some movement into my life, so that's my next addition to this lifestyle change.
Wishing everyone a great Fourth!
Having your WI later in the day can make a big difference, for me a few lbs for sure. Also I had a few times every 8 weeks or so where I would go up a lb, then the next week down, then two weeks later down quite a bit. So this is good that you will start to learn your rhythms, it will help a lot in maintenance to not get so upset when you get the ups and downs, you will start to know your body better and how it does what it does.
Great attitude!!!!!
During P1 I had my first week of up .7 lbs around week 7, and started exercise again around 8 weeks and lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Plus I felt mentally soooooo much better. Even if I would just do a 30 to 45 min walk outside most days it was so great.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Yep! Exactly - one is my running total (36 so far) and the other is my short-term 5lb-at-a-time goal. So, I may be 34 lbs from my ultimate goal, but I'm only 4 lbs from my next short term goal

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and cheering me on for reaching my big 'in the 170's' interim goal! It sure has been motivating to see that number and that it wasn't just a fluke - I'm actually still dropping! Weigh in tomorrow!
:c arrot:
Old 07-02-2015, 02:21 AM   #69  

Quote:
Yesterday was my 1-year anniversary on IP, and today I hit goal and started Phase 2! I am grateful for these boards, and for all of you who are on this journey with me.

oh my gosh every post is soooooo awesome!!!
JJTx congrats!!!!!!!!!!
The planets aligned today lol

How completely incredible.
That’s so weird I phased off and completed very close to one year also.

I have a really big smile on my face.
Not as big as Liana’s massive sexy cowgirl but pretty close. So happy for you, what a huge accomplishment on so many levels.

: dance::dan cer:

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-02-2015 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:30 AM   #70  

Welcome to NTL, glad to hear you again Trip Switch…

today was a day of happy icons dancing and so many great accomplishments.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:24 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 207/176.4/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
I had a disappointing WI yesterday too , only 0.2 down. Like you, I can't pinpoint a reason why.
MY coach said not to worry, one week doesn't matter, but she suggested maybe cutting dinner protein to 4 oz and adding half a packet, but only for 2 days. Did that yesterday. Also upped my water.
I'm also going to make sure I walk every day as well, I've been slacking off there a bit with some busy days lately.
Keeping fingers crossed for both of us for next WI
Sounds like a plan! Let's check in next week and see how we did! Keep up the good work
Old 07-02-2015, 07:26 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 207/176.4/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Having your WI later in the day can make a big difference, for me a few lbs for sure. Also I had a few times every 8 weeks or so where I would go up a lb, then the next week down, then two weeks later down quite a bit. So this is good that you will start to learn your rhythms, it will help a lot in maintenance to not get so upset when you get the ups and downs, you will start to know your body better and how it does what it does.
Great attitude!!!!!
During P1 I had my first week of up .7 lbs around week 7, and started exercise again around 8 weeks and lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Plus I felt mentally soooooo much better. Even if I would just do a 30 to 45 min walk outside most days it was so great.
Thanks for the feedback Amber! I suspected that my WI time might be a culprit! What do you think of light weight training? Although I certainly want to start walking, I think some body weight resistance exercise would go a long way toward bettering my metabolism and would really help in maintences.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:57 AM   #73  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:

Wow! Congrats!!!

Everyone else....AWESOME!!! You all inspire me, especially since I am stressed and going through a rough spot. DH is about to phase off permanently. He has lost 75lbs, and looks fabulous! But I am not quite ready to go there. We've done this IP journey together thus far, so I am worried about doing it by myself and being tempted by his food. Thank goodness I have all of you for inspiration. I may not write every day, but I read EVERY day. Thanks a bunch to all of you!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #74  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

July 2, 2015 - Think Thin Thursday

Do you have a plan for this upcoming holiday weekend? Remember, it is much easier to make good decisions ahead of time than it is in the moment. Save yourself the burden of having to make spontaneous decisions by planning your weekend in advance.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macy08035 View Post
Thanks for the feedback Amber! I suspected that my WI time might be a culprit! What do you think of light weight training? Although I certainly want to start walking, I think some body weight resistance exercise would go a long way toward bettering my metabolism and would really help in maintences.
Macy here is a thread regarding exercise you might find helpful:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...in-thread.html

There are many different schools of thought on exercise, I did what worked for me both physically and mentally. My clinic/coach was through my doctor's office, and they said I basically could do whatever I wanted after 6 to 8 weeks and they would help me adjust the plan to accommodate if needed. They were big advocates of exercise and wanted the patients to do it if they wanted. I added an extra packet when I exercised.
I had been doing weight training prior to P1, and I had been doing hot yoga close to daily for several years. After 8 weeks I didn't feel I could do weight training so I didn't do that, but I did go back to hot yoga, which is kind of like light weight training because it builds the muscles through the poses/resistance, and I did fine. Like you mentioned, I was happy I did it because it really helped keep my body toned and active during the year of P1. And for me mentally it was practically a life saver. If I missed it for a few days I really started to feel down. I never got that "up happy energized" feeling some people get from ketosis, so the exercise was what did that for me.
Closed Thread