Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Funny IP story for today!
My hubby, who is on phase 3 (me still stuck in 1) called to tell me that he put his lunch in the microwave, chicken breast and some veggies, and thought he set the microwave to 1 minute, but turns out he set it to 10:00 minutes and completely melted the Tupperware and ruined his food for today. Said the smell was soooo bad! Luckily, his awesome wife always tells him to pack something extra, you never know what happens and he had a shake and a salad sitting in the fridge! Super proud of him for not giving in and having food he shouldn't have.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #32  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Why is crackslaw so popular? What do you all do to it that I didn't?

I made it for first time last night and was underwhelmed. I used ground beef, packaged broccoli slaw, garlic, and low sodium soy sauce. It was fine, but nothing I'd equate to crack.

What else are you all putting in it to make you love it so much?
Great question, Wahoofan!!!
I have made it too, and wondered if I was missing something... It is good, and it does make for a good sized portion, which I appreciate since I seem to be kinda hungry these days, but not necessarily 'to die for....'

For my recipe, I use Angel Slaw (cabbage shredded fine), and here is the recipe:
1 lb ground beef (so this will be 2 servings)
2 Tblsp Sesame Oil (I use EVOO)
2 minced garlic cloves
3 sliced green onions
14 coleslaw mix (shredded Angel Slaw)
Salt & Pepper to taste (if needed - I find it's salty enough without any)

Sauce:
1/4 tsp sweetener (Stevia in the Raw, usually for me)
1/2 tsp ginger paste (or just grate some fresh ginger)
1 tsp white vinegar (I use Rice Vinegar)
2 Tblsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce (maybe... if I am in the mood for that much zippy flavor)

Brown the ground beef, and while in the pan, separately mix up the sauce. Remove the beef from the pan, add the oil, garlic, onions, and slaw, and saute until cooked to desired doneness. Stir in the sauce, add the beef, mix to combine and serve hot.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I have made it too, and wondered if I was missing something... It is good, and it does make for a good sized portion, which I appreciate since I seem to be kinda hungry these days, but not necessarily 'to die for....'
Yeah, I'm in this camp too. I think what made it exciting the first time was the sesame oil, because we hadn't used that in stir-fry before. We haven't made it in a while though, and the last time we didn't use the sesame.

Now I'm thinking about the package of frozen shrimp in my freezer - maybe veggie stirfry tomorrow, hmm...!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I have realized that I am a taker. And I want to be a giver. Going through what I did with my dad has made me realize that I have always been a "taker" and having so many people reach out to me, give me support, and love on me, has made me realize that I need to do the same for people. Even here in this forum, I read daily and I respond to the things that I feel like responding too, but it's time to step it up a notch and be HERE for my fellow IPers. We need each other and it's a give and take. I appreciate yall so much and I wouldn't be where I am without each and every one of you. So it's time for me to start contributing and sharing instead of just taking.

Thank you all for sharing and answering questions, giving advice, encouragement, hugs etc...
Old 05-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:

For my recipe, I use Angel Slaw (cabbage shredded fine), and here is the recipe:
1 lb ground beef (so this will be 2 servings)
2 Tblsp Sesame Oil (I use EVOO)
2 minced garlic cloves
3 sliced green onions
14 coleslaw mix (shredded Angel Slaw)
Salt & Pepper to taste (if needed - I find it's salty enough without any)

Sauce:
1/4 tsp sweetener (Stevia in the Raw, usually for me)
1/2 tsp ginger paste (or just grate some fresh ginger)
1 tsp white vinegar (I use Rice Vinegar)
2 Tblsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce (maybe... if I am in the mood for that much zippy flavor)

Brown the ground beef, and while in the pan, separately mix up the sauce. Remove the beef from the pan, add the oil, garlic, onions, and slaw, and saute until cooked to desired doneness. Stir in the sauce, add the beef, mix to combine and serve hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Yeah, I'm in this camp too. I think what made it exciting the first time was the sesame oil, because we hadn't used that in stir-fry before. We haven't made it in a while though, and the last time we didn't use the sesame.

Now I'm thinking about the package of frozen shrimp in my freezer - maybe veggie stirfry tomorrow, hmm...!
I'm glad it wasn't just me. I was hoping to be amazed and ended up being really glad I had too much to do the rest of the evening to focus on my less than satisfying dinner.

I had intended to use sesame oil too, but couldn't find it. I'm planning on buying some and trying again. Sounds like it might be a key ingredient. I don't like scallions, so I intentionally left them out.

I felt like the ground beef overwhelmed all the other flavors, so I was going to do dark meat ground turkey next time. Hopefully that lets the soy and sesame come through more.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #36  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I'm glad it wasn't just me. I was hoping to be amazed and ended up being really glad I had too much to do the rest of the evening to focus on my less than satisfying dinner.

I had intended to use sesame oil too, but couldn't find it. I'm planning on buying some and trying again. Sounds like it might be a key ingredient. I don't like scallions, so I intentionally left them out.

I felt like the ground beef overwhelmed all the other flavors, so I was going to do dark meat ground turkey next time. Hopefully that lets the soy and sesame come through more.
I forgot to mention that I have felt that the quantity of meat and cabbage might call for more sauce.... I think the last time I made this I may have doubled the quantity of sauce I made up so I could add a bit more - did not add the full doubled amount, though.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #37  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hey all - Weigh in today after week 1 of reboot. Down 8! Hooray! It was a tough, white knuckle week. Minute by minute at times. I'm still not on easy street...but I'm buckling down for the ride.

Reboot numbers: 188.4/180.4/170

I had such a quick weight gain (2 months - 17 lbs). 5 was expected, but the 12 was a huge reversion back to binge eating to cope with stress. It highlights how important it is to cope with any underlying issues that might be driving the weight gain and create new coping mechanisms. I'm working on that now, but it's a journey.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #38  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I have realized that I am a taker. And I want to be a giver. Going through what I did with my dad has made me realize that I have always been a "taker" and having so many people reach out to me, give me support, and love on me, has made me realize that I need to do the same for people. Even here in this forum, I read daily and I respond to the things that I feel like responding too, but it's time to step it up a notch and be HERE for my fellow IPers. We need each other and it's a give and take. I appreciate yall so much and I wouldn't be where I am without each and every one of you. So it's time for me to start contributing and sharing instead of just taking.

Thank you all for sharing and answering questions, giving advice, encouragement, hugs etc...
Personally, I have always found you to be supportive here on 3FC - I appreciate having you along with me on my journey, Kelly!
Hang in!
Old 05-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hey all - Weigh in today after week 1 of reboot. Down 8! Hooray! It was a tough, white knuckle week. Minute by minute at times. I'm still not on easy street...but I'm buckling down for the ride.

I had such a quick weight gain (2 months - 17 lbs). 5 was expected, but the 12 was a huge reversion back to binge eating to cope with stress. It highlights how important it is to cope with any underlying issues that might be driving the weight gain and create new coping mechanisms. I'm working on that now, but it's a journey.
Congrats on your first week! I know what you mean when you say you are not on easy street...I have to constantly fight the urge to eAt junk food! Like tou I am trying to find coping mechanisms to deal with life instead of eating!
We can do this...we are worth it!
Old 05-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Tuesday Reality Check: Dieters who go straight to the kitchen when they get home from work often end up overeating because they’re using food as a means to calm down from a busy day. In order to combat this, don’t allow yourself to go straight to the kitchen. Change your clothes and do something else to calm down – then eat if need be.
Omg..this is sooooooo true! I made an effort to stay away today when I got home and it worked! I usually get home and start supper and of course I will nibble since I'm hungry...tonight I had a glass of water....sat down to read a few minutes and then stArted supper. thanks Lisa....keep these great suggestions coming!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:59 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday. Finally finally the scale has started to move down - hurray! It's very motivating, as you all well know. I also changed my lunch meeting today to a place I know exactly what I can get (and I'll swap it for dinner) so we are off to a good sunny start :-)

Hope you all have wonderful days!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:05 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
It's been a busy few days for me, and the upcoming weeks are going to be busy as well. :/

So if I'm not around as much, never fear IPers! I'm still trucking on!

Finally made it to the weight I was 2 years ago when I STARTED IP the first time. Now I just need to lose 18 more pounds, and I'll be back where I was when I quit. I can doooo it!

Also had a heartening conversation with my roommate. I'd been a little bummed that no one's noticed my weight loss, but it turns out she HAS noticed that my face is a lot thinner and my dresses are a lot looser, she just wasn't sure she should say anything.
Congrats on your progress so far, you are doing great and of course you can do it! And I'm glad you got some positive reinforcement from your rooomate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Tuesday Reality Check: Dieters who go straight to the kitchen when they get home from work often end up overeating because they’re using food as a means to calm down from a busy day. In order to combat this, don’t allow yourself to go straight to the kitchen. Change your clothes and do something else to calm down – then eat if need be.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Lost 1.8lbs per my weigh in and my drivers license weight is soo soooo close!! Then I break into the 150's and 20lbs to go!!!!! Oh that will be nice. Even though i don't lose very much per week it is at least a negative number and my other stats go in the correct direction. I've felt like I have been starving though the past couple of days. And the other change is that my fat globs that used to seem so solid seem "fluffier". Any one else notice that? I don't remember that from last time.
Congrats on you losses so far and I hope you get over the starving feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Well I had my first WI since the beginning of April and I am only up 2 pounds, not too too bad! My coach said that I probably really lost weight and am just holding water because of the carbs. So next week should be a good week. All in all I feel good. I know that I was losing weight while dad was in hospice because the clothes I brought with me to Florida were falling off of me! After he passed we went to his favorite pub and drank his favorite beer, angry orchard. I acquired a taste for it and bought some over the weekend, 30 carbs a glass!!!! So as far as eating goes I did good. Anyway, I am back on track and ready to get the rest of this weight off!!!!

I have missed this forum and all of you ladies!! Yesterday was my first day back to work after being off for two weeks and two days and it went way better than I expected! I was caught up with everything by 1:00pm. Not bad!

Well I have a lot of reading to catch up with on here!
Kelly, great job at only being up 2lbs, and I am sure your coach is right and it will be gone in no time. Also great job of getting back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon30 View Post
Today is was scale day and i had another good week. I was a little hungry this week but i made it!
Yay for staying strong and OP and losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosegirl View Post
Had a pretty good weekend. Saturday we went to BD party and I resisted everything but the veggies-no dip! No cake! Sunday was my birthday-58 years young. Worked in our Veggie garden and our strawberry and blueberry beds. Got our camper ready to go camping this weekend. No worries about food while camping. I am more worried that people we camp with will feel awkward. My plan is to explain the Ideal Protein plan and tell them I may not eat what you would consider regular food for breakfast, lunch or snack but watch me eat at dinner- protein, veggies!
WTG flexing your willpower muscle and happy belated birthday. Enjoy camping on the weekend, I hope the weather is favorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi all: Back from a very quick overnight trip (5 hr drive each way) for my BIL's memorial at my MIL's house. It felt a bit difficult going down as he had been sort of estranged from the family (drug & alcohol problems for many years). All the brothers & sisters shared memories of good times with him when they were younger, though, and it was very good for his grown children from 2 different marriages to see one another again and hear those memories.
The luncheon on the backyard patio under the huge firs & cedars in the hot sunshine was great. The food was all on maintenance plan (pretty well), roast beef, ham, turkey deli with lots of fresh veggies on a tray (dip optional), lettuce leaves for wrapping (or for sandwiches in buns), cheeses of all sorts, fresh fruit. I ate well, although too much, and had Perrier & coffee to drink. There was a couple trays of cookies, dessert bars & squares, but being gluten free helps a lot in that regard. Breakfast was a collaborative effort from all us girls staying at the house on Sunday morning. Egg scramble with leftover ham, cheese, and a myriad of veggies in it - with toast and apricot freezer jam for them, piled onto a large bed of lettuce for me.
Tummy was upset the whole weekend though... feeling better back at home this morning. Just the emotions...

Starting a crazy work week due to switching days for time off... New patrol orientation tonight, and then 6 nights straight after an evening off.
I may not be on here much this next week... wishing you all renewed strength.
Liana
Liana, I'm glad that your trip went as well as can be and that your BIL's family were able to share fond memories with each other.

Hopefully you settle into your work week quickly and continue to feel better from the weekend tummy troubles.

Quote:
Day 6 of reboot in the books. Looking forward to weighin on Wed for some motivation. I'm still missing my binge foods and wrestle to make the right decision. So far, so good!
Quote:

Keep strong Rayze, you are doing awesome! And good luck finding a healthy coping method. Many of us are in the same boat, I need to make an effort to do something active when I feel like eating like go for a walk/run or do a chore I've been putting off like organizing the office or putting away the winter gear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
WI today. in my IP history this is my up week....just praying it keeps me under 200. Ahh this roller coaster ride we call IP LOL. Anyway I can't complain with 80+ lbs behind me I will trudge on....I may cry if I its over 200 LOL but I will live....
I hope you stayed in onderland just so you didn't have to feel disappointed, but like Amanda said, you are a onderland girl!

I'm happy to report that my Mom is still going strong with IP, she started at 258 and is now at 205!!

I'm not doing that great. It's been almost six weeks and I am up 6, but I'd like to think 5 is just the regular up amount in Maintenance, as my inches haven't gone up and none of my clothes have been feeling tight.

I was actually hoping to lose more. But for the last two weeks I haven't been doing my exercise routine, just a couple of games of soccer and ball hockey. So I'm hoping that I'll do better once I'm back into it, which will be soon I hope. I'm still trying to try to lose Daily weighing to remind me to be careful.

Everyone have a great OP day and stay strong!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #43  
oneuh2

Weighed in today with my IP clinic and am now down 79.2.... just a breath away from the 150's - thrilled to be back to a point of showing downward progress.

Rayze and DD -- I can really appreciate the toughness of phasing off into maintenance without quick regain. My trip to CA the first week of May began OP but the last 3 days became a way-off-program experience. It has taken me 10 days to get back to where I was before I left town.

When you are close to goal and have done this program for some time, it is amazingly easy to step outside the lines... at first it's a toe over the line, but pretty soon you have enough step overs that add up to being totally off the protocol. It really takes attention to the details and vigilance. I hope I have learned this lesson well as I get closer to phasing off.....

Thanks for sharing your experiences and lessons learned.

And great progress by your Mom, DD!! Pass along our congrats to her!!!

Addendum: I meant to mention that I have an appt with a consignment shop tomorrow to offload some of my larger sized summer items. Small shop in strip center at the Braddock/Backlick Rd intersection, inside the Beltway. I have picked up a couple of items here - this shop focuses on nice quality ladies clothing and accessories - it is called Auntie Te's. And they present your stuff for 60 days (a reduction from initial pricing after 30 days), and if it still does not sell, they donate it and you get the tax receipt. This is a better arrangement than some consignment shops I have looked into in the DC area. I know there are some DC area/Northern VA folks who visit here on 3FC often, so maybe some of you will be interested -- This is my first time actually taking stuff to the shop, so I'll keep y'all informed with how it goes.

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-14-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:46 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Weighed in today with my IP clinic and am now down 79.2.... just a breath away from the 150's - thrilled to be back to a point of showing downward progress.

Addendum: I meant to mention that I have an appt with a consignment shop tomorrow to offload some of my larger sized summer items. Small shop in strip center at the Braddock/Backlick Rd intersection, inside the Beltway. I have picked up a couple of items here - this shop focuses on nice quality ladies clothing and accessories - it is called Auntie Te's. And they present your stuff for 60 days (a reduction from initial pricing after 30 days), and if it still does not sell, they donate it and you get the tax receipt. This is a better arrangement than some consignment shops I have looked into in the DC area. I know there are some DC area/Northern VA folks who visit here on 3FC often, so maybe some of you will be interested -- This is my first time actually taking stuff to the shop, so I'll keep y'all informed with how it goes.
Congrats one! I know exactly where you are talking about - I went to school at Immanuel Bible Church across the street - the shopping center used to have a Magruder's Grocery and Ben Franklins (in the late 80's). Let us know how it goes - that sounds like a very nice place and not far out of my way when coming from work.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:43 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

One~ good luck at the consignment shop. I have not been able to find one around me. I donate all my old stuff and I am a huge coupon shopper so what I buy is always on sale.....I will however have to splurge on a new winter coat this season....That will be an expencive big ticket item..

Still have my feet firmly planted in Onederland.....And I love my Aria scale showing me that every morning..LOL I never was an everyday weigher, but see that 1 in front still has me excited every morning

Doing a family get to gether for DS's birthday tomorrow ... his actual birthday is Tuesday but he wanted to do his party early in case he didn't pass his drivers test tuesday so he is not embarassed... Poor thing is so worked up over it. He is a really good driver, but he is nervous about the parallel parking...
Closed Thread