Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #136  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl - do you usually weigh-in at night? I like to do it first thing in the morning. I would weigh-in at home each week first thing in the morning if I were you. How does that compare to your home scale a week ago at the same time?
Old 04-17-2015, 12:23 AM   #137  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Job! My other numbers were about the same..an inch total, but I know its this blasted Constipation..I think I cleared that yesterday and my coach recommended a non IP probiotic for colon issues. She was getting it for me so I am anxiously awaiting that..

Off to the Dr. for me this AM...follow up from blood work. Need to see if the cholosterol meds are doing the trick!
Have you tried the magnesium powder from Vitamin Shoppe? All my life I've had C issues, but this stuff works a little too well if you overindulge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Had my WI today - very disappointing.

This morning I was down nicely on the home scale - 164.9. By the time I got to the official IP WI at 6pm today, their scale read 166 - up 0.4 lbs from last week, and considerably more than my home scale. Usually the IP scale reads lower, so it was particularly disturbing to see it read a full pound higher.

My fat percent was down, though - 40.1 as opposed to 41.3 last week - this is good. About an inch and half down on measurements, though I don't really focus on the fractional reductions much. There is too much opportunity for inconsistent application of the tape measure.

Anyway.... I hope to see a return to the lower numbers on the home scale by the weekend, and with any luck, a down tick next week.
Sounds like fluid retention, especially if your body fat percentage is down. Muscle replacement = more water.

Congrats on the BF% loss though, that's a good whack to lose in a week!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Had my WI today - very disappointing.

This morning I was down nicely on the home scale - 164.9. By the time I got to the official IP WI at 6pm today, their scale read 166 - up 0.4 lbs from last week, and considerably more than my home scale. Usually the IP scale reads lower, so it was particularly disturbing to see it read a full pound higher.

My fat percent was down, though - 40.1 as opposed to 41.3 last week - this is good. About an inch and half down on measurements, though I don't really focus on the fractional reductions much. There is too much opportunity for inconsistent application of the tape measure.

Anyway.... I hope to see a return to the lower numbers on the home scale by the weekend, and with any luck, a down tick next week.
Ugh this scale is going to be the death of us both LOL...Hang in there we have this...BTW I was 200 at the dr. today...why couldn't the IP scale say that Tuesday LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Have you tried the magnesium powder from Vitamin Shoppe? All my life I've had C issues, but this stuff works a little too well if you overindulge. :
Never heard of it..Thanks for the tip. I will take a ride there this weekend. I am kinda pissed because I had a plan that was working perfectly but my coach wanted me to lay off the raspberry chocolate...now I have not had it in 2 weeks and my weight is up and constipation troubles are back. I get it she is trying to jump start my system to some higher losses, but honeslty I will take the eating chocolate with my smooth move everynight and consistantly losing a pound a week over this up and constipation any day...feel so bloated and gassy...Ugh...

Anyway sporting a cute pair of spring pants this morning that I found during my drawer / closet conversion to spring / summer. Finally finished that up yesterday with a bit of pocketbook organization and discarding of some more of the 22/24 tops I had hanging. Still kept a few 18/20's that fit well, but most of the tops are now 14/16. Loving my new wardrobe, but closet is full and need to stop shopping LOL. Although none of my summer sandles fit. They are really streatched out I guess from my fat foot of last year, LOL So I will need to purchase some new summer shoes.

Off to work this AM. Few errands to run this AM first...Have a good Friday everyone...I am working all day tomorrow, but looks like I will have Sunday off.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #139  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:

Never heard of it..Thanks for the tip. I will take a ride there this weekend. I am kinda pissed because I had a plan that was working perfectly but my coach wanted me to lay off the raspberry chocolate...now I have not had it in 2 weeks and my weight is up and constipation troubles are back. I get it she is trying to jump start my system to some higher losses, but honeslty I will take the eating chocolate with my smooth move everynight and consistantly losing a pound a week over this up and constipation any day...feel so bloated and gassy...Ugh...

Anyway sporting a cute pair of spring pants this morning that I found during my drawer / closet conversion to spring / summer. Finally finished that up yesterday with a bit of pocketbook organization and discarding of some more of the 22/24 tops I had hanging. Still kept a few 18/20's that fit well, but most of the tops are now 14/16. Loving my new wardrobe, but closet is full and need to stop shopping LOL. Although none of my summer sandles fit. They are really streatched out I guess from my fat foot of last year, LOL So I will need to purchase some new summer shoes.

Off to work this AM. Few errands to run this AM first...Have a good Friday everyone...I am working all day tomorrow, but looks like I will have Sunday off.
Sounds like you need to go back to your method. Personally I think it's more important to be comfortable in your body than losing faster (even if that's theoretical). It was working for you so tell her you're going back to your way.

The good news about the new wardrobe is that you'll be excited to stay within wearing range of that size, so it should help keep you focused and not regaining. I love shoes, I used to be an addict with nearly 150 pairs and 22 pairs of boots. Couldn't help myself. Now I'm good and have maybe 20 pairs in total. Not sure if it was compensation therapy for being stressed and unhappy with my job or just a love of some quirky footwear. Enjoy the new feet coverings!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Sounds like you need to go back to your method. Personally I think it's more important to be comfortable in your body than losing faster (even if that's theoretical). It was working for you so tell her you're going back to your way.

The good news about the new wardrobe is that you'll be excited to stay within wearing range of that size, so it should help keep you focused and not regaining. I love shoes, I used to be an addict with nearly 150 pairs and 22 pairs of boots. Couldn't help myself. Now I'm good and have maybe 20 pairs in total. Not sure if it was compensation therapy for being stressed and unhappy with my job or just a love of some quirky footwear. Enjoy the new feet coverings!
Oooooh Briael! You and me both! I love shoes & boots (my father was a shoemaker in Italy before he moved to Canada and he has a huge collection too - for a guy that is). They have a big room of their own with floor to ceiling slanted shelving that my DH made for me. I used to have more but we have a shoe swap for charity once a year here and I donated a lot last year. Presently I have 94 pairs of shoes and sandals arranged by colour, and 16 pairs of boots in different colours & heights. This doesn't count the flipflops (dressier & beach), the sport shoes like cycling shoes, runners, & hiking boots, or the work steel toes. LOL Yes, I am bad!
Old 04-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #141  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Oooooh Briael! You and me both! I love shoes & boots (my father was a shoemaker in Italy before he moved to Canada and he has a huge collection too - for a guy that is). They have a big room of their own with floor to ceiling slanted shelving that my DH made for me. I used to have more but we have a shoe swap for charity once a year here and I donated a lot last year. Presently I have 94 pairs of shoes and sandals arranged by colour, and 16 pairs of boots in different colours & heights. This doesn't count the flipflops (dressier & beach), the sport shoes like cycling shoes, runners, & hiking boots, or the work steel toes. LOL Yes, I am bad!
Hahahah, bad is just a term that jealous people use!

Love love love that you have a custom made shelving system, that makes my eyes so green. Need a photo of your "shelf of awesomeness" when you have time.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:52 PM   #142  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Cheryl - do you usually weigh-in at night? I like to do it first thing in the morning. I would weigh-in at home each week first thing in the morning if I were you. How does that compare to your home scale a week ago at the same time?
My official WI for IP is at 6pm every Thursday, and I wear the same clothing that I originally wore for my first weigh in...., almost the same - somehow my pants (knit boot cut leggings with elastic waist) still fit well enough for me to continue to wear (don't ya love spandex?)... and my top is identical to the size 2X top that I wore the first 3 months of IP, but the one I wear now is a 1X that I bought cause I LOVE THE TOP... it is a bit roomy, but a style that looks fine even tho I could wear a smaller size now.

I do weigh every morning on my ARIA scale.... yesterday it was 164.9, and a week ago it was 165.8.... essentially a 1lb loss. But the IP scale recorded an uptick at 6pm. And this morning, the ARIA was back up to 165.7 also.

Like Sue, I am having a bit of a fight with constipation... I have never been a daily BM gal... usually every other day. Although for most of IP, I have gotten into a daily rhythm. Yesterday was an off day in that department. Today has not resumed regularity either. Maybe before I go to sleep tonight.

But, in the end, I am just dancing around in the 160's. Per my home scale, I was at 167 on April 1st. Just not going very far very fast... instead I'm moving excruciatingly slowly on the scale.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #143  

Ha no wonder we are all good friend between our food and shoe addictions I treasure all of you LOL

Dont be jealous but I too designed my walk in closet around my shoe addiction...I have one row floor to ceiling shoe shelves and the full top shelf of the closet all the way around is pocketbooks LOL...Yes I too have a problem. At last count I had over 75 pair of shoes and boots...and A bucket on the floor of flip flops that I didn't count but I have almost every color you can think of. LOL I did retire some winter shoes this year as I was walking out of them and as I mentioned some of my summer ones need to be gotten rid of...

Long day of showing houses ahead for me. Need to pick up my client at 9am .. then I have a 2nd appointment at 3pm. Then after that I start the dreaded car shopping....my lease is up and I need to figure out what I want. There is nothing more I hate than car shopping! ugh....

Have a good Saturday!
Old 04-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #144  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
My official WI for IP is at 6pm every Thursday, and I wear the same clothing that I originally wore for my first weigh in...., almost the same - somehow my pants (knit boot cut leggings with elastic waist) still fit well enough for me to continue to wear (don't ya love spandex?)... and my top is identical to the size 2X top that I wore the first 3 months of IP, but the one I wear now is a 1X that I bought cause I LOVE THE TOP... it is a bit roomy, but a style that looks fine even tho I could wear a smaller size now.

I do weigh every morning on my ARIA scale.... yesterday it was 164.9, and a week ago it was 165.8.... essentially a 1lb loss. But the IP scale recorded an uptick at 6pm. And this morning, the ARIA was back up to 165.7 also.

Like Sue, I am having a bit of a fight with constipation... I have never been a daily BM gal... usually every other day. Although for most of IP, I have gotten into a daily rhythm. Yesterday was an off day in that department. Today has not resumed regularity either. Maybe before I go to sleep tonight.

But, in the end, I am just dancing around in the 160's. Per my home scale, I was at 167 on April 1st. Just not going very far very fast... instead I'm moving excruciatingly slowly on the scale.
Sounds like we're dancing the same 3lbs, Cheryl. My scale has been like that for the last 3 weeks. I've been lucky that my WI days fall at the right time when it's on a downward curve, that's all. Today I'm up 2lbs again - sometimes I think it's hormones causing water variance weight. I have noticed that the hydration % is up as well.

Since I've been taking the magnesium powder I haven't had any issues with the C. Quite the reverse if I take too much, though. Two tsps in a quarter cup of water turns me out like a jet plane exhaust (no lie!), so I have to moderate myself. I think a half tsp every other day may be my best guess at the correct dose, but it tastes nice so I don't mind taking it. Although they suggest mixing it with boiling water and letting it cool (so it goes clear), I like it with cold water when it fizzes, too.

Quote:
Ha no wonder we are all good friend between our food and shoe addictions I treasure all of you LOL

Dont be jealous but I too designed my walk in closet around my shoe addiction...I have one row floor to ceiling shoe shelves and the full top shelf of the closet all the way around is pocketbooks LOL...Yes I too have a problem. At last count I had over 75 pair of shoes and boots...and A bucket on the floor of flip flops that I didn't count but I have almost every color you can think of. LOL I did retire some winter shoes this year as I was walking out of them and as I mentioned some of my summer ones need to be gotten rid of...

Long day of showing houses ahead for me. Need to pick up my client at 9am .. then I have a 2nd appointment at 3pm. Then after that I start the dreaded car shopping....my lease is up and I need to figure out what I want. There is nothing more I hate than car shopping! ugh....

Have a good Saturday!
I see I need to get hubby into the garage and working on a shoe shelf for me!

Anyone else noticed that their shoes are rather large on them? My favourite pair of boots has so much room on the sides that they aren't really wearable unless I line them with a thick pair of walking socks and I drown in the calves.

I think I've lost almost a whole size in shoes, definitely over a half and (of course) all my shoes were wide fit. I notice it most in my sneakers as I've had to re-lace them so they are tighter.

Mmmmm, new car. Love new cars. We're also looking around for a (smallish) SUV so that it makes transporting our cats, and the rescue cat transport runs, much easier with being able to get crates into the trunk, rather than trying to balance them on the back seat.

Do you have any preferences yet, Sue? Do you like any particular colours you lean towards?
Old 04-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #145  

Amanda ~ Yes get hubby working on some shoe shelves LOL... I am literally walking out of some of my shoes..kinda dangerous LOL...

First house showing yesterday big success...2 clients, 2 offers accepted! Yeah.

Car shopping Ugh... So pretty disappointed with the Nissan Rougue...very under powered. Looked at the Infinity Q50..probably more than I need, but really nice. Also drove the Ford Edge which I have had one before and loved...the new design is really nice...liked that a lot. Also toying with the Ford Explorer, althought I don't think I need that much space... Going to look at the Caddilac cross over some time in the next few weeks....DH wants me to look at the GMC Terrain...

Today I have to get some groceries in the house. We are going to watch my nephew play soccor tonight at 6pm. Also need to get my son's golf uniforms washed for tomorrow. Along with some general house straightening up..thats my day...

Home scale had me at 201.5 today....almost fell off LOL....Lets see what Tuesday brings LOL..
Old 04-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Ladies! It's been a few days and I've missed you!! First, thank you all for the support these last few weeks. Such a kindhearted group of IPers. I am thankful to be able to come here for lots of different type of support.

Back on the wagon as of yesterday. Thought I was good Fri but a group of ladies from the neighborhood took me out for drinks...Lawd, I have never been so sick since college. Lesson learned. New weight and no booze for 10 months makes Cen a lightweight. Ouch! Feeling much better today.

Sue, One and Briael, I have also been hanging around the same weight for weeks now. Most of it is self inflicted. Need to get back in the straight and narrow and start committing to excerse. The big C has bugged me too. Wonder why that is? Let's conquer these last lbs and get our skinny butts to maintenance!

BTW, another shoe girl here. My sister (who is also overweight) said she and I were into shoes because no matter our size, we could walk into any shoe store and shop. That maybe true but now I can shop anywhere and I still love the shoes!! My size has gone down maybe a half size in length but now everything is too wide. Shoe shopping has become more of a challenge in that regard.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #147  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Amanda ~ Yes get hubby working on some shoe shelves LOL... I am literally walking out of some of my shoes..kinda dangerous LOL...

First house showing yesterday big success...2 clients, 2 offers accepted! Yeah.

Car shopping Ugh... So pretty disappointed with the Nissan Rougue...very under powered. Looked at the Infinity Q50..probably more than I need, but really nice. Also drove the Ford Edge which I have had one before and loved...the new design is really nice...liked that a lot. Also toying with the Ford Explorer, althought I don't think I need that much space... Going to look at the Caddilac cross over some time in the next few weeks....DH wants me to look at the GMC Terrain...

Today I have to get some groceries in the house. We are going to watch my nephew play soccor tonight at 6pm. Also need to get my son's golf uniforms washed for tomorrow. Along with some general house straightening up..thats my day...

Home scale had me at 201.5 today....almost fell off LOL....Lets see what Tuesday brings LOL..
I love my Acura MDX! It saved my life in a car crash in 2012. They stand by their product also. I had a 2016 MDX as a loaner while they were fixing my car from the squirrels and it drives even more like a car so I was even more impressed. I've been a loyal customer since 1998. I shake my head as I observe all my brother's troubles with his BMWs. It is definitely worth a look!

Also, the Buick Enclave is nice. I had it as a rental vehicle and my nephew wound up buying one because he liked it so much from our rental.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #148  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Hi Ladies! It's been a few days and I've missed you!! First, thank you all for the support these last few weeks. Such a kindhearted group of IPers. I am thankful to be able to come here for lots of different type of support.

Back on the wagon as of yesterday. Thought I was good Fri but a group of ladies from the neighborhood took me out for drinks...Lawd, I have never been so sick since college. Lesson learned. New weight and no booze for 10 months makes Cen a lightweight. Ouch! Feeling much better today.

Sue, One and Briael, I have also been hanging around the same weight for weeks now. Most of it is self inflicted. Need to get back in the straight and narrow and start committing to excerse. The big C has bugged me too. Wonder why that is? Let's conquer these last lbs and get our skinny butts to maintenance!

BTW, another shoe girl here. My sister (who is also overweight) said she and I were into shoes because no matter our size, we could walk into any shoe store and shop. That maybe true but now I can shop anywhere and I still love the shoes!! My size has gone down maybe a half size in length but now everything is too wide. Shoe shopping has become more of a challenge in that regard.
Glad to hear from you - and glad you are ready to get back in the weight loss saddle! Missed you!!!

I am wondering what macronutrient proportions I might be able to watch, in addition to following the IP protocol, to maximize likelihood of weight loss... I know we should not have to watch the macro intake if we follow protocol, but let's face it - as we get closer to goal, things get tougher. And my view is that IP packets that used to be restricted but now are unrestricted may still be too close to 'restricted.' And, if I use some alternatives, even tho they may have less than 8 net carbs and be less than 30 percent fat, when added to my other foods for the day, the resulting totals could reflect a macro profile that's not helping me over the long haul.... am I making any sense here?

btw - I went to a keto calculator site to try to calculate some viable goal numbers, and all that I could come up with was a scenario that takes me to goal some time in October this year... I cannot believe it really has to take me that long to reach goal...

What percentages or grams of macro's could I load into and really monitor in my MFP goals?

or... are you guys going to tell me that I am overthinking this thing?

Right now, I kind of need to settle my brain into a place where I have restored confidence in IP and stop thinking about giving up on the last 15 lbs... I am committed to phasing off when I give up on P1, but right now I am very distracted by concerns about the value of continuing P1.... that frame of mind does not make for successful eating or successful WI's... I am feeling hungry, and susceptible to grabbing extra IP foods instead of sticking to protocol.

just looking for 'life preserver' to help me get back on a positive (and downward sloping) path forward...
Old 04-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #149  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

seems like a bunch of us are feeling stuck in the 160s. I was fortunate last week that my official WI was on a low-ish day. I am a daily weigher and haven't hit that number again all week. I suspect the little extras (an extra packet, or half a quest bar on a munchy day) are taking their toll. I think I need to start planning my days and posting them again to keep me honest. I am so close that it is frustrating to be sabotaging myself at this point!!
Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies - I was stuck in the 150s for months. My goal was 145 and what helped me in the end was I had a vacation coming up so I had to decide how to go -- phase off early or stick with P1 but cheat -- really, my frame of mind wasn't there to stick with it. I phased off and then finally lost those last pounds. I don't know if it's a mental thing, physical or what, but changing it up worked for me (and quite frankly, I had already started to cheat by adding in wine which is probably why I was stuck for a few months without losing that last bit). My thinking when I decided to phase off was that I wanted to follow maintenance properly (so far so good) AND I would come back to P1 in a month or so to lose the last bit. Now, I'm almost to goal so I have to decide if I will go back to P1 to try to get at goal or below so I have wiggle room. This might not work for anyone else but wanted to let you know what worked for me.
Closed Thread