Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
You know my coach actually encouraged me to take cheat days on Thanksgiving and Christmas. She said a lot of people are OP through holidays but then feel deprived after and tend to fall of the wagon. I wonder if Easter could fall into that category too. Especially if celebrated with family or friends who were eating candy or regular food. Maybe that's why people have slipped up this week?

Either way, life happens and I wouldn't let it eat you up. Everyone has acknowledged their indulgence, logged it and moved on! Good work!!

I had dinner with a dear sweet friend last night and although I stuck with fish I am up on the scale and my fingers felt swollen this morning. Water retention!!

Well my sister got in to see her ortho yesterday and he told her to start walking on her foot asap. Now she says she can go this weekend. Darn roller coaster that I am on these days! I swear to not to say anything to anyone about this for the rest of the week as my plans seem to change daily. I know I'm sick of it so I know everyone else is too.

Beautiful day in Cen TX land. Eating my lunch outside and checking in with my favorite IPers. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!
Great News that your sister can cover. When I chipped the bone in my foot I was in Disney. I walked all week on it. @280lbs LOL. Mine was on the top of my foot.... Ortho told me wear shoes and that is all I can do is walk it off...took a few weeks for the pain to go away but he said the body will just re absorbe the bone......

Down 1 at WI yesterday. I am happy with that. Felt really bloated and it showed in my measurements. I was retaining some kind of water and my constipation has been making an apperance.... I have to take some Aleo Lax this weekend when I know I can be home for the morning....time to clean the pipes LOL...

That is one thing I am looking forward to in maintenance is fruit again to keep me regular LOL
Old 04-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Down 1 at WI yesterday. I am happy with that. Felt really bloated and it showed in my measurements. I was retaining some kind of water and my constipation has been making an apperance.... I have to take some Aleo Lax this weekend when I know I can be home for the morning....time to clean the pipes LOL...

That is one thing I am looking forward to in maintenance is fruit again to keep me regular LOL
I am putting out there...You are going to say goodbye to the 200's next week. I can feel it. Clean out those pipes girlie! You are knocking on Onderland's door!!

My aria popped up a pound yesterday but I knew I was retaining water. Back down today so that's good. Finally found some time to go and get my hair did yesterday. Nothing like getting the grays covered up and getting a fresh cut to make a girl feel sassy.

Have a great OP day Summer peeps!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Sue, I'm with CenTXChk!!

I am back down after my indulgent Easter. Sigh of relief that I am not going to suddenly gain 10lbs now that I am in Maintenance. Of course it hasn't even been a week yet, but a little part of me worried I would suddenly balloon as soon as I went out of ketosis

I'm increasing my running from 3 to 5 days a week. M W F will be 5k, and T TH will be 2m and some light weight lifting.

I started a parka making class last night. It will be a traditional Inuit style parka. I'm a novice sewer so I am looking forward to the challenge and improving my skills

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
I started a parka making class last night. It will be a traditional Inuit style parka. I'm a novice sewer so I am looking forward to the challenge and improving my skills
Mmmmmm, DeterminedDieter! I love sewing! I've made everything from bathing suits and chamois lined bike shorts to men's & women's suits. I haven't tried outerwear, though. When I was little, I snuck a lovely white linen napkin out of the cupboard and made a wedding dress for my teddy bear by hand (I hadn't learned how to use the machine yet and knew I would be in trouble for this anyhow - bad girl!). Suffice it to say, Mom was not happy with me. The Inuit Parka sounds awesome! Any online sites that you know of, or kits? I would be interested myself... Show us the pictures when you get it done! I am excited for you!

Liana
Old 04-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Busy day, quick update!

Well the scale went up a little, BUT I lost 3 pounds of fat and gained about 5 1/2 pounds of muscle! And my % look really good. My coach had a "come to Jesus" talk with me about not giving a crap about the # on the scale as much as being healthy and loving the person I am. There was more - it was a lot to take in and I can't really express it all here but it was a good thing.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Liana, I'm hoping by the end of the class I will feel confidant enough to alter some of my skirts and dresses that are too big.

The class doesn't have a pattern or kit. The instructor is doing it it traditional style. Using existing jackets and making patterns and adjustments for each individual person taking the class. It's a lot of eyeballing and measuring. It's recommended we try it out with scrap material like an old bed sheet before hand and make necessary adjustments to the pattern before we cut into our final materials. I will certainly post pictures when I am done.

Of course if you do an Internet search you will find some patterns for sale.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #67  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Busy day, quick update!

Well the scale went up a little, BUT I lost 3 pounds of fat and gained about 5 1/2 pounds of muscle! And my % look really good. My coach had a "come to Jesus" talk with me about not giving a crap about the # on the scale as much as being healthy and loving the person I am. There was more - it was a lot to take in and I can't really express it all here but it was a good thing.
JJ - thanks for sharing that. I weighed myself today and was really depressed over it as it showed a .7 lb increase since Monday and this is my first week after 3 weeks off so I was expecting big drops. I know I am less bloated, etc and eating better than last 3 weeks but anxious to get 15 pounds off that happened while off. Your post was perfect timing

Last edited by Ro22; 04-08-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

I think we all have vices. I think it’s safe to say most of us would say ours is or was food/drink. I mean, that’s why we are in IP together, no? I also personally think that you replace one vice for another. You give up a bad habit and hopefully replace it with a better one. Everything in moderation. Ideally I would like to replace food with exercise; however, I think my new vice has become shopping. Seriously, it is becoming a problem. With the stress of my mom I can’t eat and can’t drink so I found retail therapy as my new coping mechanism. And of course, it makes sense, I have always been a clothes horse and for the first time in my adult life I can wear regular sizes. It is freaking exciting to wear all of these smaller sizes and look so cute in clothes. I am in heaven.

It is also becoming a problem. Since I can’t eat out for lunch anymore and I don’t want to sit at my desk working, I shop. Today I wondered into a high end consignment shop and purchased 2 pricey dresses. That I can’t even wear to work!! They were so darn cute. There was a Gucci purse for $1k that I was mulling over….mulling over!?! Are. You. Kidding. Me? Who the heck do I think I am?? I did not buy it but am pretty sure I have completely lost my mind.

So I am giving DH my credit card. I cannot be trusted. Tomorrow, I am packing my socks and tennis shoes and am going walking for lunch. Every. Day. My steps per day are crap and I need to get in shape. Can you force a vice?

Help.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #69  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
I think we all have vices. I think it’s safe to say most of us would say ours is or was food/drink. I mean, that’s why we are in IP together, no? I also personally think that you replace one vice for another. You give up a bad habit and hopefully replace it with a better one. Everything in moderation. Ideally I would like to replace food with exercise; however, I think my new vice has become shopping. Seriously, it is becoming a problem. With the stress of my mom I can’t eat and can’t drink so I found retail therapy as my new coping mechanism. And of course, it makes sense, I have always been a clothes horse and for the first time in my adult life I can wear regular sizes. It is freaking exciting to wear all of these smaller sizes and look so cute in clothes. I am in heaven.

It is also becoming a problem. Since I can’t eat out for lunch anymore and I don’t want to sit at my desk working, I shop. Today I wondered into a high end consignment shop and purchased 2 pricey dresses. That I can’t even wear to work!! They were so darn cute. There was a Gucci purse for $1k that I was mulling over….mulling over!?! Are. You. Kidding. Me? Who the heck do I think I am?? I did not buy it but am pretty sure I have completely lost my mind.

So I am giving DH my credit card. I cannot be trusted. Tomorrow, I am packing my socks and tennis shoes and am going walking for lunch. Every. Day. My steps per day are crap and I need to get in shape. Can you force a vice?

Help.
Get the credit card back and go for a massage! You sound like you are in serious need of some relaxation and pampering.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #70  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Mmmmmm, DeterminedDieter! I love sewing! I've made everything from bathing suits and chamois lined bike shorts to men's & women's suits. I haven't tried outerwear, though. When I was little, I snuck a lovely white linen napkin out of the cupboard and made a wedding dress for my teddy bear by hand (I hadn't learned how to use the machine yet and knew I would be in trouble for this anyhow - bad girl!). Suffice it to say, Mom was not happy with me. The Inuit Parka sounds awesome! Any online sites that you know of, or kits? I would be interested myself... Show us the pictures when you get it done! I am excited for you!

Liana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Liana, I'm hoping by the end of the class I will feel confidant enough to alter some of my skirts and dresses that are too big.

The class doesn't have a pattern or kit. The instructor is doing it it traditional style. Using existing jackets and making patterns and adjustments for each individual person taking the class. It's a lot of eyeballing and measuring. It's recommended we try it out with scrap material like an old bed sheet before hand and make necessary adjustments to the pattern before we cut into our final materials. I will certainly post pictures when I am done.

Of course if you do an Internet search you will find some patterns for sale.

So, so jealous. I really need to get brave and actually try to adjust my clothes. So many almost unworn that *could* be made to fit with minor changes, I am just scared.

Quote:
Busy day, quick update!

That's the good kind of gain, JJ. Congrats.

Quote:

Help.
In some respects you could view what you have purchased already as a reward, but I hear you on needing to get it under control and finding an alternate outlet for the eating displacement. You can do it!
Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Busy day, quick update!

So funny your "come to Jesus" talk...me and my coach had a "heart to heart" this week also. About burn out and eating times and a lot of things LOL...love a good coach!

Quote:

Help.
HA Love your shopping addiction....I confess I have one too. I have totally replaced my summer tops. I keep finding more....And I know I have a bin of tops in the basement that I have not brought up yet to try on. I know a lot of them are going to be too big, but I really over shopped! So I too need to find something else to do with my spare time LOL...However in my defense of shopping I still have not even tried on a pair of short or capris or a bathing suit.....so I may have to shop a bit more in the next few weeks LOL...
Old 04-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #72  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
JJ - thanks for sharing that. I weighed myself today and was really depressed over it as it showed a .7 lb increase since Monday and this is my first week after 3 weeks off so I was expecting big drops. I know I am less bloated, etc and eating better than last 3 weeks but anxious to get 15 pounds off that happened while off. Your post was perfect timing
Ro, be easy on yourself. You have done so well. Keep doing what you are doing and make small adjustments as necessary. Your body needs time to heal from all it has been through.

Quote:

Help.
You've got a lot going on, Cen Tex! Enjoy your walks; think of them as pampering yourself. I drove through that area a couple of weeks ago. It is beautiful right now. Love the bluebonnets!

I can't wait to be at 160 like you. Look at your BMI; it is normal! You do look terrific and those clothes do too. You definitely needs some new things for the hot Texas summer, BUT take a moment and look at your goal weight. Save your real clothes money until you get closer to your final weight. And the purse - haven't we always loved purses because they don't have a size???

_____

It is interesting reading so many of the post lately about cheats. We must all be getting to that point in the diet. I find it most interesting that we are not really beating ourselves up over it - and that is a good thing. Everyone just seems to acknowledge it and get back to work. That's what skinny people do!

I realized that with my lack of interest in IP foods lately I've had a sick feeling in my stomach. After several days of not eating the food, the feeling was gone. So I tried IP food again, and that sick feeling is back. I'm obviously sensitive to something.

I've been trying to stay in IP guidelines with real food. It really is difficult calorie wise, so I have upped the calories slightly while trying to keep carbs and protein consistent. We'll see how it works. Interestingly, it is easier to keep the carbs low since my carbs are basically just from the vegetables and not the products too. But I am definitely feeling better and excited again about getting to goal. I am up a little over my low right now, but I am on my way back to being a "loser".

Have a great spring day!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #73  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win2014 View Post

I realized that with my lack of interest in IP foods lately I've had a sick feeling in my stomach. After several days of not eating the food, the feeling was gone. So I tried IP food again, and that sick feeling is back. I'm obviously sensitive to something.

I've been trying to stay in IP guidelines with real food. It really is difficult calorie wise, so I have upped the calories slightly while trying to keep carbs and protein consistent. We'll see how it works. Interestingly, it is easier to keep the carbs low since my carbs are basically just from the vegetables and not the products too. But I am definitely feeling better and excited again about getting to goal. I am up a little over my low right now, but I am on my way back to being a "loser".
Have you done a comparison of ingredients on the packs you've had on days when you feel sick? You could be developing an intolerance to soy, or possibly acesulfame potassium. Both of those are well known to have slow onset reactions with prolonged exposure.

Found an interesting article I wanted to share with you guys, too.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #74  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Ohhhh, and another couple of interesting links to share:- (let me know if this gets annoying, please. I just like the scientific debunking of government "guidelines" and premises that are made without any quantification and accepted into doctrine as fact rather than opinion).

NuSi's comment/feedback - nusi.org is their home site. Dr Peter Attia of TED Talks "obesity and insulin resistance" fame is one of the partners here.

DGAC 2015 "Scientific" report of Dietary Guidelines.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #75  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Have you done a comparison of ingredients on the packs you've had on days when you feel sick? You could be developing an intolerance to soy, or possibly acesulfame potassium. Both of those are well known to have slow onset reactions with prolonged exposure.

Found an interesting article I wanted to share with you guys, too.
Thanks, Amanda. I thought about looking at ingredients, but I didn't know which ones in particular to look for. From an online search, it looks like they are both in the vanilla RTD drinks that I like so much. I have a number of different products, so I will try the out 1 per day or so.

I like all the articles. Keep them coming!
Closed Thread