Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Oneuh2, I started IP as a trial before the clinic officially opened, so I have continued doing all measurements and WIs at home. But I'll go in to see if they have one at the clinic, just so I know where I am, and then maybe get a home scale that measures it.

Sue, I hope the good news continues with the new tests and it is something easily treatable.

CenTXChk, enjoy the time with your parents, and I hope the weather is cooperative for you to enjoy some nice walks.

Everyone have a fantastic Easter weekend.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #17  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Sorry about that !!! LOL

Thanks for including this info on your scale -- I might dig mine out again and try again ... but it was all over the map last time I tried to use it.

I've just been reading an interesting article about the difference between being in ketosis and being keto-adapted, and how the body handles the fueling ratios differently.

Obviously, if you have never cheated on IP and you don't have the classic keto symptoms you may be keto-adapted by this stage. This would account for the variations in hydration levels and lean mass that you see on the scales.

I can't include myself in that equation because I am seldom anywhere near 100% compliant and the running/strength training combination means my results are way outside the standard range.

Perhaps of interest, even if not particularly helpful. I know you like a good read with your morning coffee!

EDIT: Oh my word, just tried the Dymatize ISO-100 hydrolised protein in orange dreamsicle. Talk about deeee-licious. Yum yum yum - I have a new favourite.

Last edited by Briael; 04-02-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #18  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Down 3.6 lbs for the past 2 weeks - I will take it!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #19  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Woot Woot Cheryl, congrats.

Yet again we're neck and neck on the scales LOL
Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Happy Thursday (although it is my work Friday!!). My scale looks like I might be having a bit of a whoosh in the last couple days. I know it’s the walking. I wasn’t able to get out for a walk yesterday and probably won’t be able to today either, but am planning to bring my shoes with me to my folks this weekend. I will MAKE time to get out on a walk every day during my long weekend.

Heading to my folks bright and early tomorrow morning (gotta get there so my mom and I can watch the Price is Right together ). It was nice to be home last weekend but my parents need me. My mom’s blood pressure has been very low the last few days and she is starting to get bed sores that are really affecting her comfort. Unfortunately, even with hospice nurses staying on top of treating her sores one of the most important parts of healing is proper nutrition. And I know she is not getting that with only a couple bites of food and sips of tea she can manage a day. I am to a point where I just want her pain and suffering to end. I want peace for her.

Sue – I am praying that no news is good news in your DH’s case. May he be cancer free and they find something very treatable to help him. I know how hard the waiting can be hard.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend.
Enjoy the time with your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Yeah! Good job.

Off to the various stores today that I need to hit for the makings of easter dinner and just getting thru the weekend. I have DS at home so I may drag him as my driver LOL....Few chores to do around the house but other than that not much going on here...
Old 04-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

CenTxChk - hope you have a great time with family!

Oneuh2 - great job!!!! Especially with all the traveling, you're doing great

I'm off until Tuesday. My son is off today too so we are going to do some errands, including meeting hubby for lunch. His work cafe has a nice salad bar so I'll do that and bring my bar.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Awesome!!

Today is my last day of Phase 3, admittedly I have big plans for Easter Sunday. But then back on track!

I weighed in at 143 this morning, so I didn't continue to lose during P2 and 3 like some do. But I did have that cheat day last Sunday, which probably didn't help and it is TOM. But I plan to continue to lose after Sunday, and will continue to check in for support and motivation

Happy Easter/long weekend

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 04-03-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #23  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Happy Good Friday Ladies!

Had a nice surprise on the scale this morning - bypassed 165 altogether and hit 164.8 from 166.0 yesterday. Let's hope it stays this way for Tuesday's WI.

Just got the details by email for tomorrow's 5K Run for the Fallen and it seems that because it's non-competitive I could switch to the 1 mile walk instead if I am struggling or get into difficulty with my knee. It's a round circuit that can be reduced at any time so I'm happy. Not so happy about the 7am collection of the t-shirt and bib packet though. LOL

Have a wonderful weekend, don't steal the children's candy and we'll be fine.

PS For those of you who were interested .. the Dymatize orange dreamsicle is out of this world yummy. I'm debating trying to make some dreamsicle cookies with it, using the Quest 15-second fortune cookie recipe. Maybe Sunday.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #24  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Taking a shopping break while my teen tries on clothes. Have to crow for just a moment - I just bought myself a new pair of jeans in a SIZE TEN!! I do not remember the last time I wore this size....at least 20 years. Also got a dress, which was a size 14, but I am declaring that an NSV too. I am got a dress (instead of wearing the same black pants and oversized shirt) and I didn't want to cry in the fitting room!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
WTG One! That is an awesome loss!! You must be so proud to lose after a trip away from home! I knew you could do it!!

Briael- Thanks for the link to that article. I found if interesting (and over my head ). I guess my question is I think I should be in a Keto-state after following IP so long. I make very few, if any, deviations from plan. Yet, I've taken a single cheat day and it will take me 5 days to get back into ketosis. Maybe I misread or misunderstood.

Loser - You. Bought. A. Size. 10. Girl, you rock!! What an NSV!! I have one pair of size 10 that I can sqeeeeeze into. Hoping to be right behind you!

At my folks. My mom likes to watch the Price is Right so I got up at 6am to drive down and watch it with her. She is sleeping a lot and not eating much but my dad thinks it will still be a few more weeks. My DS decided to make the trip with me. Proud of my boy for passing on a long weekend with his friends and girlfriend to see his grandma.

I was able to sneak out for a walk while mom was napping. Although I inspected many of the benches along the trail in my parent's neighborhood I was gone for over an hour and got in 4k steps. Could use a nap myself right about now.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Taking a shopping break while my teen tries on clothes. Have to crow for just a moment - I just bought myself a new pair of jeans in a SIZE TEN!! I do not remember the last time I wore this size....at least 20 years. Also got a dress, which was a size 14, but I am declaring that an NSV too. I am got a dress (instead of wearing the same black pants and oversized shirt) and I didn't want to cry in the fitting room!
That is awsome! I am so happy for you.... NSV for sure. Sometimes the size doesnt't matter as much as how it feels on..and how you look in it. Let the mirror be your NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
WTG One! That is an awesome loss!! You must be so proud to lose after a trip away from home! I knew you could do it!!

Briael- Thanks for the link to that article. I found if interesting (and over my head ). I guess my question is I think I should be in a Keto-state after following IP so long. I make very few, if any, deviations from plan. Yet, I've taken a single cheat day and it will take me 5 days to get back into ketosis. Maybe I misread or misunderstood.

Loser - You. Bought. A. Size. 10. Girl, you rock!! What an NSV!! I have one pair of size 10 that I can sqeeeeeze into. Hoping to be right behind you!

At my folks. My mom likes to watch the Price is Right so I got up at 6am to drive down and watch it with her. She is sleeping a lot and not eating much but my dad thinks it will still be a few more weeks. My DS decided to make the trip with me. Proud of my boy for passing on a long weekend with his friends and girlfriend to see his grandma.

I was able to sneak out for a walk while mom was napping. Although I inspected many of the benches along the trail in my parent's neighborhood I was gone for over an hour and got in 4k steps. Could use a nap myself right about now.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!!
You are an awsome daughter! All these precious moments! And you raised a good DS that he is there with you. Sometimes our kids amaze us!

Well no news yesterday from the oncologist so we wait. I texted him and he got back to me right away that there were no results yet...so we sit on it the rest of the weekend....Anyway we are a little relieved so we will go with that. Meanwhile I am serving dinner for 14 tomorrow. I am making prime rib, mashed potatos(none for me) cauli mash (me) roasted cauliflower (me) greenbeans with garlic and EVOO ( I can have but wont) bread from the bakery (definatly not for me LOL) and large salad (me) All the guests are bringing desserts....We are eating at 3pm so I will flip my snack and have my brownie with chocolate syrup while dessert is served. Plan Made!

My family has not seen me (except for Mom) since Christmas... I just looked back and I am around 30 pounds lighter...My sister is on the heavy side and I think she is going to be shocked when she sees me. She has a tendancy to suffer from depression and I just hope that this does not contribute to that. We talk every day, but we do not discuss IP or what I am doing or how I am doing. I don't want to upset her. I almost feel like I need to call her today and just prepare her....

I am off to work this AM. Have to show 2 houses and then a quick run to the store for lettuce that I forgot yesterday.... Then home to get this house ready for tomorrow..bring the chairs up and set the table so it is ready. DH and DS are here to help. Should be lots of family bonding today LOL...
Old 04-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #27  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the kind remarks re: my lost weight despite travel. Just shows you can have a good result if you plan ahead and commit to executing the plan.... I discovered the value of celery for car trips... it involves lots of chewing and I find it to be a good limitless snack item. In the old days I would be having a mixture of potato chips and white cheddar popcorn... until I needed something sweet to offset that (probably an ice cream picked up on a gasoline stop). Boy, have things changed!

Sue - so happy to hear that you have something other than cancer to deal with- I too hope it will be something treatable that enables you to heave a sigh of relief. Your family get together should produce lots of nice kudo's for you- I hope your sister is inspired by your accomplishments - You inspire me on a regular basis....

CenTXChk - so glad you are able to enjoy time with your mom and you still get out to walk and stick with your program. Many of us might use your circumstances as an excuse to jump off the wagon and in doing so, we would feel fully justified. You are doing SO well!

Avalon - thanks for sharing your stats and your assessment of what the data means.... I find all this fascinating and between your posts and Briael's I am learning bit by bit how all this fits together.

My ARIA scale tells me (at my morning wake up weigh in) that my body fat percentage has reduced to 38.5%... The IP measurement tool showed my starting fat to be 50% and now shows it to be down to 40.7%. My Fitbit software uses the ARIA stats each day to calculate my BMI - that has come down to 28.5. I really enjoyed leaving the 'obese' category and joining 'overweight'... I am not sure my goal of 150 lbs will quite get me to 'normal.' I do think that these various scales and tools that measure body fat and hydration are just indicators of relative change. I am not sure any of them have a high degree of accuracy on the number, but using the same machine to measure over time should at least be informative as to trends...

I struggle remembering to get all the water in - so I often have gulping evenings. My big boo boo with water, though, has been my unwillingness to give up the Sobe Lifewater. I thought it had .8 grams of carbs per bottle, but it actually has 8 grams. I drink at least 3 a day, so that is 24 additional carbs every day. I am weaning myself from them - trying to have 2/3 of a cup of plain water with 1/3 Sobe - so I can shift to just straight water pretty quickly. I think that may affect my losses in a positive way. We'll see.

Briael - I liked the article you shared - I am re-reading it and looking at some of the other stuff that is linked to your article. This whole ketosis vs keto-enabled is very interesting. I have learned a lot about food and it's nutrients over the years, but these days there are so many related topics of newer discoveries. I am learning lot's of new information that I hope will be helpful for the long haul. Thanks so much for sharing the results of your research.

I also admire your commitment to running -- very cool that you are taking on races at this time. Looking forward to hearing how this latest race goes!

DD - I think it's a great idea to go to the clinic and see what the stats measure out to be per the Ideal Protein tools! If you decide to get a scale that measures this stuff, you will then have more info to work with during maintenance. I am hoping that will be helpful -- it's something I have not tried before in maintenance... that means it has not failed yet for me....
You are so active - I confess that I have to work at making physical activity as much a part of my day to day life as you do - I suspect that your level of activity is really going to be a big factor in your success.

For me right now, getting into a regular routine of attending dance classes and getting practice time in is my primary activity. There is a cardio dance class at my studio, and it's followed by a Gentle Yoga class -- these are good additions to my routine. I want to add some regular/daily walking to that - try to get my steps up to 10K daily - right now my steps are way too few, especially on the days that I work from home which is all day on the computer and phone. I want to do some work with weights too - Ro22 recommended the Body Sculpting Bible for Women, and that's on my list to get working on. I hope you guys will feel free to remind me of these goals and to ask me from time to time how I am progressing.

JJTX, CenTXChk, Briael, Murrcat67, mrmiggles and Canadgineh - thanks for all the positive feedback through likes and comments on MyFitnessPal -- I am enjoying getting into the rhythm of using it daily - somehow I am better at that than I am at remembering to wear my fitbit.

And of course - I have had my first fitbit adventure - I accidentally knocked my fitbit into the washing machine today as it was filling with water and I was loading it up with sheets.... It was in there for close to a minute before I realized I had knocked it in!
I fished it out, dried it off, and turned it on - to my great relief, it worked!!! I promptly took it downstairs and put it into a bowl of dry rice. A couple hours later I rescued it from the dry bath and plugged it in for a battery charge. (That was where I was headed before I stopped off in the laundry room and gave it the accidental bath.) I cannot say how glad am that the little fitbit survived my carelessness!

Ah well -- it's these little adventures that keep life from being boring...

This is a really long post... sorry for that -- Once again - it is so clear to me that the support I get from this forum, and from you guys in particular, is a major feature of how successful I am being with this IP program. Thanks for coming back here and posting - I love staying connected with you all!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 04-05-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:10 AM   #28  

Happy Easter All...

One~ you my friend inspire me Here is a suggestion for your water...how about every time you finish a bottle of the SOBO you fill that bottle with water and drink it. Don't allow yourself another till the clear water is done....That would get you all your water in!

I never have an issue with water as I usually drink a full 34 before I leave the house in the morning. Then the rest that I get in during the day is from the 16 oz water bottle I take in the car with me and I always have water on my desk at the office. I do some seltzer too. I like a Pelligrino with lemon with dinner. Actually DH has been off the soda too and now orders seltzer with lemon when we go out to eat LOL..I usually treat myself to an unsweetnened ice tea when er eat out.

SO on the menu today is Prime Rib Roast, mashed cauliflower, roasted caulliflower, broccoli with garlic and lemon, green beans with garlic and olive oil and mashed potatos for those that need a place for their gravy LOL..Oh and a big salad. Pretty IP compliant meal if I do say so myself LOL... I have a brownie for dessert for myself.

So DH bought DS a brand new TV for his basement teen cave yesterday for his easter present....not quite sure how that happened..... I did ask DH to pick up a gift card for $50 for DS while he was out yesterday.....instead he must have heard new 47 inch TV..... I think I need to speak more clearly LOL.. Its fine. DH likes to shop when he is stressed... Good think I have 2 closings this week! LOL

Enjoy your day everyone... Cant wait to see my family today. Have not been all together since Christmas....
Old 04-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #29  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:

Avalon - thanks for sharing your stats and your assessment of what the data means.... I find all this fascinating and between your posts and Briael's I am learning bit by bit how all this fits together.

My ARIA scale tells me (at my morning wake up weigh in) that my body fat percentage has reduced to 38.5%... The IP measurement tool showed my starting fat to be 50% and now shows it to be down to 40.7%. My Fitbit software uses the ARIA stats each day to calculate my BMI - that has come down to 28.5. I really enjoyed leaving the 'obese' category and joining 'overweight'... I am not sure my goal of 150 lbs will quite get me to 'normal.' I do think that these various scales and tools that measure body fat and hydration are just indicators of relative change. I am not sure any of them have a high degree of accuracy on the number, but using the same machine to measure over time should at least be informative as to trends...

I struggle remembering to get all the water in - so I often have gulping evenings. My big boo boo with water, though, has been my unwillingness to give up the Sobe Lifewater. I thought it had .8 grams of carbs per bottle, but it actually has 8 grams. I drink at least 3 a day, so that is 24 additional carbs every day. I am weaning myself from them - trying to have 2/3 of a cup of plain water with 1/3 Sobe - so I can shift to just straight water pretty quickly. I think that my affect my losses in a positive way. We'll see.
OneUh2, I am interested in how high most of you are measuring your body fat %. It's making me think my Excel Spreadsheet calculator might be in error. Who knows!

Fantastic on getting your BMI down to 28.5 (you are almost in the normal/healthy range!). If you believe in BMI's that is. Congrats!

So does that Sobe Lifewater contain sugar? I use Stevia to sweeten my coffee. I used to drink that stevia-sweetened soda (called Zevia I think) but found that seemed to slow my losses, so I stopped.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Easter!

Spending the morning with my folks and DS and I hitting the road after lunch. So nice reading everyone's OP dining plans today. With everything going on I hadn't planned a thing for dinner tonight. Fortunately I work for a restaurant company and I know they are open and not expecting much traffic today. Tex-mex really doesn't go with Easter I suppose. Not really IP friendly but they will accommodate my dietary restrictions and my kids love it. As long as we are together that is really all that matters.

Looking forward to WI tomorrow. for a good WI tomorrow even though I haven't been on a scale since Fri. Shorts are fitting looser. Once I hit a size 12 I started shopping for my permanent wardrobe thinking I would never go smaller. Maybe I jumped the gun. Good problem to have.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Closed Thread