Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #31  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Woke up with a headache this morning but I blame whatever was in the air yesterday. We live within 35 miles of several refineries (one literally only a half mile away, as the crow flies) and there was an awful "chemical" smell in the air yesterday. I mostly stayed in the house but did go to church and the smell was all over town. I haven't seen anything or heard anything to explain what it was but it was awful! The odor is gone today but the headache remains. BUT other than that the weather is beautiful and I plan on just sitting in the sun for awhile today and soaking some of it up! I can't sit still for too long as the pollen will cover me...'tis the season of allergies!

Hope everyone's week is great and if Spring Breaking, have fun, be safe and stay true to yourself and don't cheat!!
to you - hope you are feeling better today.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Y'all, I went to a restaurant today, and I was SO GOOD. Mostly. It was Ruby Tuesdays (picked because, salad bar!, and because they have little steaks with mix-n-match sides). I got a big salad with legal veggies, and I used a little oil and some salt to cover it; it was pretty delicious. I did cheat, the smallest amount, because it was incredibly difficult to skip the blue cheese dressing (my favorite) and the shredded cheese (my other favorite). I gave in just the tiniest amount and used a little--like, less than a teaspoon's worth--of grated Parmesan on my salad. Maybe I should feel guilty about that? I don't, though. If that's the closest I come to cheating with cheese, this year, I have come out a winner. I got my steak and zucchini without butter or oil (though the waitress heard "without seasonings," which is too bad; they were delicious, anyway, so it worked out). This was good. Restaurants freak me out, on this diet.

I also went for a little walk, which was nice. You just can't beat this weather we're having in Central VA right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigridia View Post
In fact I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a nightmare where I 'forgot' I was IP and ate a bowl of yogurt and granola
I had these dreams last time I did IP; and two nights ago I had my first one on reboot (I'll be a month in on Thursday). In the dream, I realize I am on IP and can't have cookies, 3/4 of the way through eating a cookie.

The worst part is that I kick myself for it several times during the day, forgetting it wasn't real.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #33  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Make this the beginning of another great week! Remind yourself daily, even hourly or minute-by-minute if you need to, of why you started this IP journey. Then visualize your end results and how THAT will make you feel. Every day I commit and stay on plan, I know I am one day closer to my goal! Love yourself enough today to stick with it - for YOU!
I needed to see this. I fell prey to boredom and that TOM (that was 7days late for the first time ever)due to starting this diet Jan 16, and needed something to eat and cheated a little and then still lost and found myself cheating again and now I feel horrible. Anyone else feel way or do this. I lost 18 pounds and I am re-committed, it is just hard, we are going to be leaving for the lake for spring break and friends cooking and having a few social drinks- but I have to maintain my focus. I feel I have took some many steps backwards and I am so MAD MAD at myself and feel so depressed that I allowed myself to be weak... I only lost a pound last week and this week. I need to stay focused bigtime. I also was becoming bored with the foods and eating same things over and over and was like WHY can't I just eat something that I use to enjoy? Thanks for all the encouraging words.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #34  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Woke up with a headache this morning but I blame whatever was in the air yesterday. We live within 35 miles of several refineries (one literally only a half mile away, as the crow flies) and there was an awful "chemical" smell in the air yesterday. I mostly stayed in the house but did go to church and the smell was all over town. I haven't seen anything or heard anything to explain what it was but it was awful! The odor is gone today but the headache remains. BUT other than that the weather is beautiful and I plan on just sitting in the sun for awhile today and soaking some of it up! I can't sit still for too long as the pollen will cover me...'tis the season of allergies!

Hope everyone's week is great and if Spring Breaking, have fun, be safe and stay true to yourself and don't cheat!!
you sound like you live close by me... i have them almost right in my backyard. I have had headaches for the past two days, but thought it was from the pollen in the air with all the yellow dust on vehicles.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
wow so many of us have had victories these past few days. I also had a NSV I usually don't post these but I'm feeling on cloud nine. I have been a bit diet fatigued so this NSV has really helped to boost my motivation. Yesterday I tried on a skirt I haven't been able to wear for years and it fits
I also went shopping and bought jeans before IP i was wearing 18w these new ones are a 14 I'm feeling pretty good
Wahoo!! Congrats The best part is that these feeling will keep happening as you progress further!!

It's a lovely -26C here this morning, but the sun is shining

Thanks for the compliments on the pic I had started Phase 2 that day, and had just finished week 7 for my C25k run program so I was feeling pumped

For all those struggling, sending good vibes your way to stay strong. You're worth it!

Have a great OP day IPeeps!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #36  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Larn37, I've not 'cheated'.....this time (I'm on a reboot)....but I've been there and I know it is a slippery slope! Put that behind you, don't let it get into your head (no 'if only's, no 'well, I've already messed up, so....", no "I'm so MAD at myself....") - just take a deep breath and move forward. You have not gained, you still lost.....you are still on your journey, so drop all of that and continue on the path without looking back. Get back into it full swing and feel GREAT about yourself. Look how great you've been doing! 18lbs down, that's AWESOME! So don't negate all you have accomplished, but resolve instead to build upon that and make it to your goal. I am finding it exhilarating that I know I am on a program that can actually get me to my goal (as long as I follow it!), and that elusive goal has been the carrot I've been chasing for 30+ years. I'll tell you, if you are still young (and to me, anyone who still deals with TOM I consider a young'un ), I can't stress enough for you to try to get your weight under control NOW! It not only becomes harder, the older you get, but if you are like me, and your weight holds you back either emotionally or physically, you are missing out on really living your life. So, devote yourself and the next few or several months to getting your weight to a healthy level, and you will NEVER regret it! Talk about 'return on investment'! Tell yourself "I WILL DO THIS!" - Say it every morning when you rise, every night when you end your day successful, and in between, as often as you need to stave off temptation. Stay the course, you've got this!!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:08 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning fellow IPeeps. Went to weigh in yesterday and lost a little over 2 pounds. So happy to see the scale continue to move in a downward motion. I figure I can expect this to be my most realisitic weight loss from here on out. I updated my ticker and was excited to see the pounds left to lose. My coach figured I would be in phase one approximately 6 more weeks. It is so exciting to see the finish line in sight.
Congrats to all of you with losses and NSV's. I know when it seems like things are moving slow I try and focus on the NSV's as I know they will keep me motivated.
Frawniemae, hope you are better today.
Arobed, moving down in sizes is so exciting. I know how you are feeling. I bought a dress this weekend I would have never bought at 202 lbs.
3Sisters, my sentiments exactly - Stay the course - we got this. Another mantra I repeat to myself is Trust the Process and You are worth it.
Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #38  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Morning IPeeps!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Noticed my face is looking a little thinner today, so I'm in a GREAT mood! Also, my Walden Farms order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Someone on here mentioned making an amazing honey mustard out of brown mustard and WF pancake syrup... you have NO idea how excited I am!

Tomorrow's dinner is gonna be unbreaded, seasoned chicken strips and honey mustard!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:37 AM   #39  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I am so excited with my NSV. When I started this time, my blood sugar was so out of control. My fasting was over 350. After 17 days on the IP plan, my fasting was 191. YES! I am walking better and so excited.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #40  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Had a rough night last night. Not even food related. Anyone else find themselves having really bizarre dreams on this diet? The good news is I’m down more than 8 lbs since I restarted IP a week ago! I was at exactly 200.0 this morning on my home scale. So close to seeing 1 at the beginning of my weight again! I know it’s mostly water and glycogen stores. Too bad I can’t lose 8 lbs every week! Getting ahead of myself…

Yesterday I may have messed up the portions/measurements of my food. I tried to eyeball things because I didn’t have a scale or measuring cups handy. I went to my best friend’s for dinner and she made steak round, which we’re allowed to have, but I forgot I had already eaten 4 hard-boiled eggs (6 oz protein) until I had eaten about half the steak. So I ended up having 2 or 3 oz more protein than I was supposed to. Anyone know if this affects ketosis?
Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #41  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazing View Post
So I ended up having 2 or 3 oz more protein than I was supposed to. Anyone know if this affects ketosis?
This won't affect ketosis. Ketosis is affected by carbs, so you're good! Of all of the things you could have messed up a bit, this was probably the best one. Good luck on your journey!!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #42  

Quote:
I ended up having 2 or 3 oz more protein than I was supposed to. Anyone know if this affects ketosis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
This won't affect ketosis. Ketosis is affected by carbs, so you're good! Of all of the things you could have messed up a bit, this was probably the best one. Good luck on your journey!!
Actually, too much protein CAN affect blood sugar through a process called gluconeogenesis. However a small amount over on our moderate protein plan (and a one-time thing) probably won't have an effect.

But yes, if you're going to mess up, fat or protein is way better on the blood sugar (and ketosis) than carbs.

Another thing to remember, is that it isn't the ketosis, per se, that is causing the weight loss. It is the calorie restriction. Ketosis is a lovely friend for dieters as it has an appetite-suppressant effect. It also emphasizes the fat burning.

Quote:
Had a rough night last night. Not even food related. Anyone else find themselves having really bizarre dreams on this diet?
That can be one of the side-effects of ketosis. There is a big list if you google Ketosis symptoms.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Morning IPeeps!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Noticed my face is looking a little thinner today, so I'm in a GREAT mood! Also, my Walden Farms order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Someone on here mentioned making an amazing honey mustard out of brown mustard and WF pancake syrup... you have NO idea how excited I am!

Tomorrow's dinner is gonna be unbreaded, seasoned chicken strips and honey mustard!
Your chicken strips don't have to be unbreaded. I use the garlic and herb chips after grinding them up in my magic bullet. I think I saw Rainbow using ground up Quest chips.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Ok ya'll, i've been struggling lately. Have a lot going on, stressed to the max. Kinda, sorta, fell off the wagon...didn't weigh in last week..because I didn't want to get fussed at by my coach. Well I went today, she asked how i've been doing and told me to step on the scale. I am the same weight that I was when I weighed two weeks ago. I was thrilled with that, glad that I was able to maintain. She started to fuss at me and I shut her down really quick. I told her what I was feeling and what I needed from her. I think she understood... The good news is, I did lose inches. I hope that I am back in the right mind set. I believe that I am. I am ready to get the rest of this weight off.

I know that my coach gets frustrated because she knows that the program works and that I could be so much further along if I stayed on course. But it's not so simple. It's not black and white. And for me, maintaining is huge accomplishment!!

I'm so thankful for 3fc, for y'all!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #45  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Reporting in to say that whatever odor was in the air has completely gone away, as has my headache! Looking on our town's FB page, and my newsfeed, I just can't believe no one else mentioned that they were experiencing it/ affected by it! Hubbie didn't even seem to be bothered by it too much. Maybe my sniffer is more sensitive these days? ((shrugs shoulders)). Just glad it's gone. Another great IP week under way albeit a day late in starting for me! thanks for all the good thoughts!
Closed Thread