Old 04-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I stalled on IP after having good results for 5 months. I was close to my goal and the scale stayed stuck for about 5 weeks. Because spring break was looming and after speaking with my coach I went into P2 and P3. I lost weight in P2 finally after being stalled for so long (about 4 pounds). Then I gained almost 4 pounds in P3 (those carbs!). But once I went to P4 and being on vacation I went down to one up pound. All about 2-3 pounds from my goal weight. I've been in P4 for about 2 weeks and have remained steady. My intent is to go back to P1 and lose the last 5 pounds which would put me below my goal weight but allow me to fluctuate 3-5 pounds. But, I will attest to shaking it up and adding in new things reset my body to allow me to continue to lose. I have not added in exercise yet either! I figure I will do that after my P1 stint.
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #32  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary41 View Post
I am "new" to this group, although I've been stalking for a month. I have my 3rd weigh in tomorrow. First week I lost 3 pounds, second was 6 and we will see how tomorrow goes. I have stuck to the plan religiously and am a bit disappointed with my 9 pound loss. I know 9 pounds is 9 pounds but it seems like so many lose big numbers the first month and I'm not. My TOM came this morning so keeping my head up after weigh in might prove to be difficult. I am not giving up though. I feel better and jeans I could weigh 3 weeks ago are sagging. I guess I just wanted to introduce myself (Mary) and let you all know that all of your stories are inspirational and I love this website!
Welcome Mary! I only lost that much in the first two weeks, and I thought that was huge. It was huge! I never lost that much in two weeks on any other diet program. My goal is an average of at least 2 lbs a week which is more than I ever lost on anything else. You are doing great. It's easy to be hard on ourselves, but seriously, your weight loss is fabulous. Also, I don't lose much during TOM so don't freak out about that. Last time was less than a pound, but I came back the very next week and lost over 5 lbs. Have a great week.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #33  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oussama View Post
High Protein Diet And How To Be Motivated During It.
The only diet that can change your habits easily,is the high protein diet,certainly you have heard about this diet,it’s a very popular diet and suitable for rapid weight loss, for the following reasons :
In a hight protein diet, we will not feel hungry.
In a high protein diet, we eat a lot of protein so we don’t lose muscle.
A high protein diet is difficult to follow in the begining, but quickly it will be very easy.
The most important thing in the high protein diet is to follow the instructions very well, and a little deviation can cost you more days of effort.
Your diet should be composed of poteins and lipids, and you do not need to eat carbohydrates,
So that your body use directly fat as a source of energy.
You do not need to buy protein powder or any thing like that, we just follow a high protein diet with normal food.the important is that your diet does not contains carbohydrate.

http://mysweet-health.blogspot.com/2...how-to-be.html
Wrong on several counts.

1. In the absence of carbohydrates and reduced fat intake the body will use protein to produce glycogen.
2. The above process puts a lot of pressure on the liver and the kidneys.
3. Excess protein is not good for anyone. Even professional bodybuilders know this.
4. Ideal Protein is a moderate or "sufficient" protein protocol. It aims for you to have between 0.5 and 0.8 of your body weight in grams of protein per day.
5. In order to repair muscle your body needs protein AND an insulin response. That insulin response is triggered by the blood glucose level being raised. Therefore carbs ARE necessary. The difference is in choosing the RIGHT type of carbs - complex ones - and combining them with a protein source to slow the rate at which the body absorbs them.
6. Even the Atkins diet, which traditionally followed these misguided principles, has now decreased the amount of recommended proteins & fats AND increased the amount of carbs.

We don't live in the dark ages, there is no need to emulate it.

Bloggers have the right to post anything they see fit, it doesn't make their opinion correct and certainly doesn't need to be propagated on a board which is already following a very macro specific diet already. I see no reference to any professional qualifications either in the medical or nutritional fields.

Last edited by Briael; 04-13-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #34  

Best response to spam is to report it so it can be removed (as it was)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:27 PM   #35  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Best response to spam is to report it so it can be removed (as it was)
I did report it, after I saw the second and third post of the same subject matter. Unfortunately, I had already responded to the first one I saw.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote