Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #286  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
So I had a 0.8lb gain at WI this week. I was up in lbs and up 4.6lbs in water (and also feel al little C if you know what I mean). My aria scale jumped up 2lbs this morning from yesterday so I was disappointed going into WI this morning. But I have to say, it is the best gain I’ve ever had!

Down 5.4lbs of fat and calculated at 29.8% of body fat!! The scale at WI calculated that I only have another 10lbs to lose. Currently, my final WI goal is another 25lbs away. I was super pumped to think I might be closer to reaching “goal” than I thought. My coach kept telling me not to set a goal weight but a body fat % goal (the clinic’s is generally 19% BF).

Since I spent several hours gardening yesterday and then walking, walking, walking between my DD’s soccer game and at that concert last night she said my muscles are storing an extra 4lbs of water. My legs are sore!

Girls, you are right about the exercise! Other than hard core P1 this week, my goal is to walk every day. Just wish I had my tennies with me at work today. Literally work steps from Ladybird Lake. The weather is so great right now, I am going to start walking during lunch. Personal goal is to reach at least 10k steps per day!!

Oh, the dress I am wearing today is a size 10! OMG!
So sorry you are dealing with an uptick, but glad to hear that your fat percentage is reducing! Several of us are facing the last 20-25 lbs to goal... the challenges of maintenance are looming...
Old 03-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #287  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
You and Briael must hang out in the same crowd! Your posts on this product are so similar! You too should collaborate on this desire to make a real cake - and then share recipe and nutrient contents with all of us, of course!
Bought a box of angel cake today to try different varieties of "cake" making. Figured it can't hurt to try making with just the packet and egg with baking powder, then the almond flour 2tbsp with egg and baking powder and finally the angel food cake with egg and baking powder with the protein powder. Worth finding out what works.

Meanwhile, the Chocolite Strawberries n Cream AND Cappuccino packets were on the doorstep when we got home from the store. Yum to both, although the capp is a bit more watery than I expected - considering the rest are super creamy.

Hubby has ordered the 2lb tubs of Dymatize vanilla and the chocolate and the orange dreamsicle (can you tell he's a protein powder addict yet?) so I'll be updating on those when they arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Anyone have ideas for a particular focus for the month of April? Please share some ideas!

I am wondering if we ought to do some kind of focus on water (obvious reflection of the the April Showers poetry reference....)

I am thinking of a month long challenge to drink regular, unflavored, with or without ice H2O, and aiming for a daily number of ounces equal to or better than half our pounds of weight... I am guessing some of us are not as religious about our water intake as others, yet we probably all agree that it is a critical success factor to reaching goal on IP without unnecessary delay.

So that's a thought... what do you all think?
Great idea - water is one thing so many of us struggle with. How about making it a Water AND Try a New Vegetable month? I tried two new veggies in March - chayote and turnip. The turnip is amazing in the slowcooker with a top round of beef. It comes out just like a potato!!!!! Hubby actually prefers it to the real deal. And chayote? Between Rainbowsmiles and Frawniemae they have made chayote one of my fave veggies.

I want to try rutabaga fries in the coming weeks, as I hear such wonderful things about them.

Quote:
So I had a 0.8lb gain at WI this week. I was up in lbs and up 4.6lbs in water (and also feel al little C if you know what I mean). My aria scale jumped up 2lbs this morning from yesterday so I was disappointed going into WI this morning. But I have to say, it is the best gain I’ve ever had!

Down 5.4lbs of fat and calculated at 29.8% of body fat!! The scale at WI calculated that I only have another 10lbs to lose. Currently, my final WI goal is another 25lbs away. I was super pumped to think I might be closer to reaching “goal” than I thought. My coach kept telling me not to set a goal weight but a body fat % goal (the clinic’s is generally 19% BF).

Since I spent several hours gardening yesterday and then walking, walking, walking between my DD’s soccer game and at that concert last night she said my muscles are storing an extra 4lbs of water. My legs are sore!

Girls, you are right about the exercise! Other than hard core P1 this week, my goal is to walk every day. Just wish I had my tennies with me at work today. Literally work steps from Ladybird Lake. The weather is so great right now, I am going to start walking during lunch. Personal goal is to reach at least 10k steps per day!!

Oh, the dress I am wearing today is a size 10! OMG!
Woot Woot CenTXChk .. you do know that under 30% body fat is considered moderately lean in the medical world, yes? Awesome sauce, I am so happy for you. That's the kind of small scale gain that you just wave off into the distance, and celebrate that the underlying health is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Oneuh, I was quoting Briael ( although poorly, it seems)in my post about the Dymatize protien powder. She was talking about the Birthday cake flavor and the expensive price. I was commenting that I decided to buy the Vanilla and Chocolate at the Vitamin Shoppe and it was only $38.00 in case others wanted to,try.
The Dymatize is wonderful. It's a super fine milled texture, not fluffy at all, and it blends so beautifully. Taste is dense, rich and creamy without being overpowering (unlike the Quest and Syntrax ones). Thanks for confirming the price on the smaller tubs. I think the store where we bought ours from is in the rip off trade, as we discovered it is considerably cheaper online.

Have you tried the vanilla and choc varieties yet? My nutritionist says it's one of the best varieties on the market and she (a bodybuilder) uses it herself so I'm inclined to take her word for it (especially when she has her protein powder tubs lined up on the desk).

If anyone's interested, she referred me to two websites for strength training information and advice. EXRX and LiveStrong. They not only have clear instructions on the exercises, they often have videos so you can check the ideal form. It's helped me tremendously - as my squats were not really low enough until I started looking at myself side on in the gym mirror, instead of front on. It's amazing how much difference there is just in views.

Celebrated a downturn on the scales this week by buying some new tees - I fell in love with a printed bright pink with white swirly patterns in Walmart, but they only had it in XL and S, so I bit the bullet and bought the S and it fits! Hubby says it makes the boobs more noticeable (and duly ogled for 10 minutes LOL) but I felt so good in it. I'm not big on stripes, but I even bought a horizontal striped shirt and it looks good. Now I just need to find the black blazer I really want - amazing how difficult that can be when you can't wear polyester.

We are shrinking, gals. Excellent end of month progress for everyone, let's carry it on through to the end of April.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:58 AM   #288  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

OneUh2 and Briael -- Great job on your weight loss in the 70 to 90 pound range! And gold star to all the other weight-melters in this thread. You are all doing so great!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 03-31-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:40 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Happy belated Birthday Sue!! Hope your day was great and OP!!

I am dragging today! DH and I went to see Journey and the Steve Miller Band last night. What a show! Was originally scheduled for earlier this month but was rescheduled due to freezing weather. Amazing what a few weeks can do! Concert was great but late. Too old for these late nights on a work day.

Bummer is I changed clothes before the concert and forgot to but my Fitbit on. Bummer! We walked soooo far! Oh well, I got the steps in and that's what matters most.

Don't Stop Believin'
Thanks! I love Journey....but our last concert we say wa Styx! Another great 80's band LOL.. You are doing fantastic and knocking on the door of GOAL.. I couldnt be happier for you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Happy Birthday Sue!!!

Oneuh2 - sounds like a great idea for April, I know I have to watch the water thing so it will be a good reminder!

CenTxChk - congrats on your results and some new goal setting - you're right around the corner! And it sounds like you have a perfect place to get some walking in! Get movin'

Quick update for me, busy few days ahead preparing for Holy Week and Easter.
Weekend weather was fantastic! We spent most of the day outside Saturday, and got some tree trimming in - I wore a tank top and got a start on my tan. Sunday we took my son to an egg hunt, which was windy but fun. Today is my best chance schedule and weather-wise to pull off a walk to school this afternoon.

Have a great IP-OP day y'all!
Thanks.... Yeah for nicer weather.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Oneuh, I was quoting Briael ( although poorly, it seems)in my post about the Dymatize protien powder. She was talking about the Birthday cake flavor and the expensive price. I was commenting that I decided to buy the Vanilla and Chocolate at the Vitamin Shoppe and it was only $38.00 in case others wanted to,try. Briael seems so knowledgeable I wanted to try the product she recommended! I like the water challenge for April. Maybe water and adding some fitness like walking??

Sue, you should be sure to callibrate your FitBit...even though you think the first day was a fluke and yesterday seems correct.....it seems unusual to get 6000 steps in on a relaxing day at home doing laundry. More power to you if it is accurate...but it does take quite a bit of effort to get 10,000 steps in per day.
You have to understand how I do laundry! I have a split level house with 3 set of stairs and laundry at the bottom....I hang most everything so I haul it up all flights after each load. I have always done that! Right up and into to closets. This way I get some extra steps! Also when I say lazy day at home, for me that includes walking the dog 2 or 3 times, laundry, dishes, cleaning...LOL to me that is a lazy day at home... LOL Yesterday I got about the same 6000 and seemed like that made sense for what I did...

Off to work today. New listing going on tomorrow and I need to get the sign and lockbox over there today. Tomorrow I have home inspection in the morning that is pretty far from home so I wont have time to get the sign and box on. Anyway then I am in the office for the afternoon. I also have WI today. Not thinking the scale is moving. I was up at home. We shall see.

So I am debating the money on that Aria scale to go with the fit bit....Any thoughts?
Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

I could kick myself, I did great staying OP on my trip, but after not a single slip up (besides accidentally eating two restricted in a day) in 5 and a half months I went off plan this weekend! And with only one week of Phase 3 left! But I got right back OP and will finish the week strong.

JJTx - Congrats!!! You should feel so proud of yourself. You are doing amazingly

Happy belated Sue

CenTxChk - Fantastic results, you must be so excited about being so close.

oneuh2, hopefully your trip home goes smoothly. And it must have been great to get all those compliments. It was hard earned and you deserve it!

And congrats to anyone I missed

I hope everyone is doing well and wish those who are struggling the will to power through the hard times.

I like the idea of focusing more on BFP than scale number. I initial wanted to lose 40lbs, but said heck with it, lets aim for 50 and though I am phasing off now, I think I would like to lose some more. But I will maintain at my current weight for a bit, wait for my skin to adjust to this loss, as I am not pleased with some of the lose skin and HOPE that it will "tighten up" a bit, as I focus on exercise (I wasn't blessed genetically with great skin to begin with), and then decide how much more I want to lose. I have no idea what my BFP but I would like to find out and make my decision based on that.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #291  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Ugh, it's been one of those weeks when eating out was unavoidable and despite a tidy loss this week I'm up on water weight and the scale number, although down on body fat percentage (ultimately a fat loss IS in there).

You'd think I'd remember not to eat steak on the day before WI by now LOL. Still, BF% is the important one to focus on - measurements are slowly going down so I'm only grumbling, not complaining.

Sue, go for that Aria scale, you deserve it. And phew, all those stairs? I get grumpy carrying laundry up one set of stairs, let alone three!!!!!

One, safe trip home. Glad it was a good event for you and it's always lovely to get compliments and share the details of how you did it.

JJ and Cen - you two are fat burning machines, keep up the incredible losses and you'll be in maintenance so quickly!

DD - It's interesting that the start of the weight loss journey it's all about the scale, but as we get towards the goal end we start moving the goalpost for different results. I absolutely agree that BF% is the more important of the two before we get to maintenance, because I want to be able to eat every calorie possible! (that sounds bad to me, but it's truuuuuuuuue LOL) and that means keeping the metabolism boosted.

Have a great day, Ladies.

EDIT: The birthday cake powder bakes decently. 2 scoops 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 1 tsp coconut oil and 1/2c water. It's quite dense but very tasty. Only drawback is that it's a little powdery still. Was talking to hubby and we're going to try some grated & soaked chayote or zucchini in it next time to see if we can make it a more "wet" texture. Reading the back of the angel food cake pack it seems that it wouldn't increase the calories or carbs significantly to throw in a tbsp (maybe 1.5 carbs) as there are about 48tbsp in the pack and it's 140 cals/18 carbs for 4 tbsp. For a celebration cake, I think that's not too bad. Watch this space!

Last edited by Briael; 03-31-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:04 PM   #292  

Height: magmeepEVE

Sgrealtor1 to answer your question about the Aria scale. IMHO, it was so worth it. I've had my Fitbit one and Aria scale since before I even started IP to help me get moving more and see my weight fluctuations. The hubby and I both love it! But, I'm a numbers gal and seeing my weigh ins every day (whether they be up or down) help me to plan my day better (food wise).

As for me, my phasing off has been definitely been at my own pace. My coach said two weeks of Phase 2 and 1 week of Phase 3. All of the reading that I've done recommended 2 weeks on Phase 3. So here I am a week and a half into Phase 3 and so far so good. I'm managing ok but there have been a few days where I ended up with a terrible headache.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

For those of you who have one, how is an Aria scale different from a digital scale? Other than it ties into your Fitbit?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

DD – Shake it off girl! You are back OP now. We have to learn to go through life, pick ourselves up and start again. I know you can do it!! I have been hardcore on this diet but have taken a handful of scheduled (and one unscheduled) cheat day. First time in my life I didn’t feel guilty for “cheating” on a diet because I had a plan that works for me to go straight back to!

Briael – I am so jealous of your birthday cake! Keep tweaking your recipe….we will all be cooking it soon. And no fat burning machine here. My coach said BF% really starts moving in the 30’s. I am guessing the math justifies the larger jumps in numbers. The smaller you are, the more difference you will see? IDK. I am 5’8” so my height works to my advantage as well with weight loss.

Sue – I am enjoying my Aria but has not really moved the in direction I’d hoped since buying it. LOL! It is very sensitive, I will say that. If you decide to get one, I used a 20% off coupon at bed, bath and beyond. It is still the cheapest price I’ve found for it.

JJTx – The Aria ties to your fitbit app so you can track and chart your weight over time. Also it calculates BMI and BF%, which as I get closer to goal, is the number I really care about. It’s cool because if you and DH both have fitbits, it knows who is who for your app. Certainly not a necessity but I actually look forward to getting on the scale each morning to see my progress. I think it will become more important (to me) as I get into maintenance.

Went for a walk during lunch today (3772 steps!) around the lake near my office. Beautiful day and still cool and breezy enough not to get all sweaty. Last time I took this same walk was a year ago and I weighed 100lbs more. WOW, what a difference! Last time I couldn’t walk nearly as far and had to stop and sit down a couple times. Red faced and out of breath. I was mortified my co-workers saw how out of shape I was, although I tried to justify it was really hot, I wasn’t dress appropriately, it was uphill, etc… Today I wore jeans and a sweater, walked the same route (plus some). I stopped long enough to take a couple photos of turtles and the city skyline and only sat down to checked my steps (you know I was dying to know!) and upload one of the photos onto FB.

I felt so light that I wanted to run….baby steps, the running will get there.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:54 PM   #295  

Thanks for the imput on the scale....I have a few closings coming up and my Onederland goal hanging within reach...may be my prize! lol

Although I did not hit Onederland this week...I did tick down another pound and a few more inches....Yeah Me!

Was a beautiful sunny 40 degree morning, now I sit in my office and watch the snow come down! WHY??? Will this winter never end.... I am sporting a cute new spring outfit. Black pants with cute zippers at the bottom and a light aqua top and fuzzy vest over it....looking like is should be spring and everything fits...why is it snowing!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:22 PM   #296  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Woo Hoo, Sue! You are so close to Onederland!

CenTx - doesn't it feel great to do something easily that used to be so hard! I spent alot of years thinking "if I got serious about losing weight, this time next year I could.....". Now, instead, we get to look back and say " this time last year, I couldn't do this.". What a difference!

I have done well the last couple of days on my "back to 100%" approach. I realized today that getting close to goal has me thinking about the potential for having foods (and drinks!) that have been strictly of limits for all these months. I think the challenge for me in the later phases will be to introduce foods in a very careful way so that I don't go hog wild with the choices.

Glad I got the slippage under comtrol before it went too far, down 1.6 this week, which I am really happy about this close to goal.

Slowly but surely the Summer Ipeeps are getting there!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:33 PM   #297  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Hello My Fellow Summer Starters,

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been having continued health challenges - I posted an update in the other thread I had started. Additionally, I started my own company so today is last day working for the man and tomorrow, I am a full-time business owner. I'm in flight now to East Coast in preparation for a customer presentation to sell my company's services. Fingers crossed and please wish me luck. Also, I really need your support - I am struggling with gains in weight and inches. I have to find a modified program as per my update in other thread. So, my April goal is to get back to weight and inches I was 3 weeks ago and have restored energy and headache resolution and just get back to being my active self in time for golf season.

Sue - Happy Belated Birthday and hoping all goes well with results!!!

For everyone else, keep it up and don't regress like I did - trust me...it sucks and not worth it at all. I am so mad at myself that I wasn't stronger than the challenges that were present this past month but I will focus my energy on the new business and finding a way to get to successful maintenance.

Happy early April Fool's Day!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:56 AM   #298  

Ro Good luck! It is hard to get a new business off the ground. I am still working at it 19 years in LOL...Harder than working for some one, but so much more beneficial to be on your own! Good luck!
Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Although I did not hit Onederland this week...I did tick down another pound and a few more inches....Yeah Me!
Great job Sue, one more pound and some inches down the drain!!

Ro - welcome back!! I know you have been facing a lot of challenges with your health stuff, but we are glad to have you here with us!

WI this morning, and I swear y'all this is not an April Fools - I lost 5 pounds!! So I am now clinic-officially in Onederland!! We also measured today (new clinic goes every 3 weeks), and I lost almost 5 inches overall. I seriously can't remember the last time I had two big weeks in a row!

Last edited by JJTx; 04-01-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
WI this morning, and I swear y'all this is not an April Fools - I lost 5 pounds!! So I am now clinic-officially in Onederland!! We also measured today (new clinic goes every 3 weeks), and I lost almost 5 inches overall. I seriously can't remember the last time I had two big weeks in a row!
OMG!! You are in Onderland!! WTG girlie! I am so proud of you. What an amazing couple of weeks you've had. Say goodbye to the 200's forever!! you are just rocking IP.

What are you going to do to celebrate?
Closed Thread