Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm not a fan of the Sea Salt chips but really like the Chedder and Sour Cream. The guy at GNC said one of his favorites is the Salt and Vinegar. Someone said they taste just like IP's Zippers. I didn't care for them so won't try them.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #62  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The quest protein powder is a little bit too sweet for me. I fix that by mixing it with some plain protein powder. Yesterday I goofed and mixed my peanut butter and chocolate tubs together. I had the chocolate cut with plain. But the peanut butter was not. Now my whole tub is too sweet until I get more plain

It will be fine for muffins. But for shakes it is too sweet for my taste.
Oops. I've done this before with the chocolate fudge brownie and vanilla that was already cut with the Quest MultiPurpose. Talk about strong chocolate taste.

Have you tried the Strawberries & Cream, Lisa? I'd be interested to know what people think of that in comparison to other brand strawberry varieties. I generally HATE fake strawberry and banana flavours, but the Quest is actually quite nice (especially for crepes).
Old 03-07-2015, 12:39 AM   #63  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Oops. I've done this before with the chocolate fudge brownie and vanilla that was already cut with the Quest MultiPurpose. Talk about strong chocolate taste.

Have you tried the Strawberries & Cream, Lisa? I'd be interested to know what people think of that in comparison to other brand strawberry varieties. I generally HATE fake strawberry and banana flavours, but the Quest is actually quite nice (especially for crepes).
Not directed to me but thought I'd share. I think the GNC Lean Shake 25 banana cream, vanilla bean and strawberries and cream were great. I only had the RTD ones vs powder.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #64  

Quote:
that's another flavor that does not appeal to me. I'm okay with the banana pudding mixes to use for banana muffins. Same with berry yogurt. I'll hold out for real strawberries in p3
Old 03-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #65  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
The Quest PB makes excellent cookies, but you need either the MultiPurpose protein powder OR a packet of almond flour (or the Bob's Red Mills low carb bread flour) if you want pancakes to resemble anything like a normal packet mix version.

When you mix the Quest PB with the multipurpose one, it tends to lose a little flavour, so if you aren't trying to be 100% compliant, the PB2 tbsp makes a BIG difference in flavour. I make the PB pancakes using 1/4c almond flour/meal, 1/8c hazelnut meal and 2 units of the Quest PB, with a large egg, 1/2tsp baking powder, a 1/4tsp salt .. whip it all up til it bubbles (this is what helps get the right texture) and put into a medium hot pan.

Nope, they are ALL excellent (hubby is a Quest protein powder addict). The strawberries & cream makes wonderful waffles, too.

Just one word of advice for anyone using the almond/coconut flours or meals - make sure you have this as a daytime treat, don't save it for supper. That way your body has longer to process it before you go to bed and your metabolic rate drops to rested, rather than active.
Amanda - when you say units, do you mean scoops? How many pancakes does this make (how do you count it as this seems like a lot)?

So, from what I gather, you are saying to do the following - either use the Quest Flavored Protein with almond flour, etc or mix the Multi-Purpose one (if no flavoring) with almond flour, etc for pancakes, waffles, etc - is that right?

And, what is the mixture you use if for cookies and muffins?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #66  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Favorite breakfast foods from Nashua Nutrition?

Hi everyone,

First - Nashua does have breakfast foods on sale this week!

Which brings me to my question! This is my first time with this program and I have only used alternative products. I have never used any breakfast items and I am very curious to what some favorites are? For example, with the different oatmeal - similar flavors, but different brands. Curious to your thoughts in what you like/don't like. I know everyone is different, but nice to hear different ideas!

I have seen people list recipes using some of these products. I have been very basic with my foods and need to venture out a bit!

Thanks so much
Old 03-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #67  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

I'm not big into any of the omlettes or pancakes, but I can tolerate the oatmeal. I find that all the flavors need doctoring so when I get them, I brew fruit flavored tea and use that as the hot water. I also add a bit of cinnamon.

I usually get ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Cinnamon Spice
Old 03-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

I am a fan of Prot-Diet. I get the Maple oatmeal. And, I like the pancakes. Not a fan of the omelets.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I use the Protidiet Maple Oatmeal, usually adding a little cinnamon and I don't mind the Protidiet Bacon Cheese Omelets,adding some veggies like spinach and red pepper.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #70  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Day 9 and everything is going super well! I stopped by GNC to pick up some Quest bars and chips, and I'm super excited to add them to my packet rotation!

Staying OP was really hard when I was first on IP two years ago. I rented a basement apartment with no kitchen, and the only times I got to see my friends was when we went to a restaurant for dinner. Even though I was seeing results, it got harder to cook out of a mini fridge and on a hot plate, and harder to forgo ordering when we were constantly at a restaurant where I couldn't eat a thing, until I fell off the wagon.

Now I'm in an apartment with a kitchen, and I live with my two best friends so I don't have to leave to see them, AND the rest of my friends visit all the time! No restaurants!

My only worry going into this was how my best friend and roommate was going to take it- she's not un-supportive, but she's judgmental about new and unfamiliar things. So far she has only give me the "wierdo" look when I first told her about it, and shouted "ewwwww!" tonight when I chased her around our apartment with a Quest protein chip.

Things are looking good!

(Also, Quest BBQ protein chips are the BOMB! )
Old 03-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #71  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

I've seen it asked but never answered: has anyone found an alternative for IP Orange Drink? I'd appreciate knowing if anyone has something they've tried.

I tried Power Crunch Vanilla Wafer today, gotta give that a big NO.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
I've seen it asked but never answered: has anyone found an alternative for IP Orange Drink? I'd appreciate knowing if anyone has something they've tried.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...nge-7-box.html

I've never had the IP Orange (was temporarily unavailable when I was going to a clinic) but this one is good. It tastes a lot like Tang.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #73  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...nge-7-box.html

I've never had the IP Orange (was temporarily unavailable when I was going to a clinic) but this one is good. It tastes a lot like Tang.
Same here! Never had the IP product. This one is very good and I like it slightly frozen and a little slushy!!
Old 03-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #74  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post

GNC Lean Shake 25 has an Orange Cream protein powder that you might want to try. I haven't tried it but I like their RTD ones (all flavors - Chocolate Swiss, Strawberries & Cream, Banana Cream and Vanilla Bean).
Be careful as this is a meal replacement. I don't think IP Orange Drink is so you may have to cut the scoops from 2 to 1 for the GNC product which may then only give you 4 oz or a watered down 8 oz to make this comparable from a macro standpoint.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #75  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Amanda - when you say units, do you mean scoops? How many pancakes does this make (how do you count it as this seems like a lot)?

So, from what I gather, you are saying to do the following - either use the Quest Flavored Protein with almond flour, etc or mix the Multi-Purpose one (if no flavoring) with almond flour, etc for pancakes, waffles, etc - is that right?

And, what is the mixture you use if for cookies and muffins?
Amanda? Or anyone else who can help me answer these questions? I am looking to understand what your recipes are using the various Quest products depending upon whether you are making pancakes or cookies, etc. I just want to know the batter recipe for each cooking/baking purpose.

Last edited by Ro22; 03-11-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Closed Thread