Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Fermented Vegan Protein

Hi gals: I just tried out some samples yesterday at a store function... For anyone who wants a 'cleaner' alternative to IP products that is vegan, non-GMO, soy & gluten free, and comes from a company that has been officially recognized for its contributions to a better planet and community - Genuine Health's Fermented Vegan Proteins+.
It is the first fully fermented protein on the market. It needs to be refrigerated after opening, although the company says it will stay fresh if kept from heat & light for 14 days. They also have single serving sachets for travel or gymbag. http://www.genuinehealth.com/store/f...s#.VUo-rY0tGpo
The nutritional profile for one serving of fermented Vegan proteins+ vanilla is:
Calories: 100
Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 220mg
Potassium 35mg
Carbohydrates 2g
Fiber 1g
Sugar 0g
Protein 20g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2%
Iron 30%

Unfortunately it costs $4.00 a serving in Canada (not sure what they sell it for in the States) so it's not cheaper, but if you have special dietary needs it's the one. I also tried their Greens+ Whole Body Nutrition in vanilla chai which is also fermented and vegan, non-GMO, and soy & gluten free, but is slightly lower in protein per serving and a bit higher in calories & carbs. It has other added stuff for a more complete nutritional profile and will work well for maintenance:
http://www.genuinehealth.com/wp-cont...tion-facts.jpg

Worth a try, see if you can get a sachet or two from your local health food store. Their website can direct you via postal/zip code or city list to your local store in the US & Canada that sells their products.

Liana
Old 05-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #272  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Good Morning:

I want to buy the WF pancake syrup and a Pancake mx, but I can not seem to get everything from one website, and I did not want to pay for two shipping cost for 1 item here and 1 item there. I can not find the syrup in my grocery stores. So, in Nashua I found the HS Pancakes someone mentioned tastes pretty good but they do not carry WF products. I found WF Syrup on Netrition.com, but they don't have a Pancake. I have not tried the IP Pancakes yet because others have mentioned the alternates taste better. And my clinic charges $6 for the syrup.

Can anyone tell me where they purchase both a good pancake mix and the WF syrup from one website. And which pancake mix tastes the best; the HS or the Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Pancake and Waffle Mix?

I know a lot of this is hit or miss with what products tastes good, but I don't want to waste money if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance
I don't know about a single place for both products - I really only use Nashua and I buy the WF products at Sprouts. They carry almost the entire selection of WF and often put it on sale 2-for-1. I think Walmart carries some of the WF products as well. My grocery store has some of them, in the special diets section (not with regular syrups etc).

[BTW Nashua OFTEN runs a discount of free shipping for $49 and up - I am waiting for this again myself - and usually someone posts about it.]

I just searched "walden farms" and "ProtiDiet" together and found balancedproteindiet.com
http://www.balancedproteindiet.com/P...-p/pancake.htm
http://www.balancedproteindiet.com/Syrups-p/syrups.htm

"walden farms" and "Healthwise" (which = Nashua's HealthSmart brand) gives envisionnutritioncenter.com
http://www.envisionnutricenter.com/p...n-farms-syrup/
http://www.envisionnutricenter.com/p...wise-pancakes/

I have never ordered from either of these companies so I can't vouch for them.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I don't know about a single place for both products - I really only use Nashua and I buy the WF products at Sprouts. They carry almost the entire selection of WF and often put it on sale 2-for-1. I think Walmart carries some of the WF products as well. My grocery store has some of them, in the special diets section (not with regular syrups etc).

[BTW Nashua OFTEN runs a discount of free shipping for $49 and up - I am waiting for this again myself - and usually someone posts about it.]

I just searched "walden farms" and "ProtiDiet" together and found balancedproteindiet.com
http://www.balancedproteindiet.com/P...-p/pancake.htm
http://www.balancedproteindiet.com/Syrups-p/syrups.htm

"walden farms" and "Healthwise" (which = Nashua's HealthSmart brand) gives envisionnutritioncenter.com
http://www.envisionnutricenter.com/p...n-farms-syrup/
http://www.envisionnutricenter.com/p...wise-pancakes/

I have never ordered from either of these companies so I can't vouch for them.
Thanks EmmaD
There is a Sprouts not too far from me so I will check them for the syrup. I have purchased the salad dressings (Pear and Raspberry), and I ended up throwing them out.

Which pancakes do you use. Every now and then I want a pancake and for some reason I can't get it out of my head, so that is why I am looking for the best tasting. And I also want to use it to make muffins. I tried the cookie with the IP vanilla drink and it was horrible. Since I have been on IP for a little over a month without anything bread like, I am searching for and alternative that I can have with my coffee in the morning.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #274  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Cool! Looks like in the US, Whole Foods carries this ... also can order from vitacost.com
http://www.vitacost.com/genuine-health
Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi gals: I just tried out some samples yesterday at a store function... For anyone who wants a 'cleaner' alternative to IP products that is vegan, non-GMO, soy & gluten free, and comes from a company that has been officially recognized for its contributions to a better planet and community - Genuine Health's Fermented Vegan Proteins+.
It is the first fully fermented protein on the market. It needs to be refrigerated after opening, although the company says it will stay fresh if kept from heat & light for 14 days. They also have single serving sachets for travel or gymbag. http://www.genuinehealth.com/store/f...s#.VUo-rY0tGpo
Old 05-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #275  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
Thanks EmmaD
There is a Sprouts not too far from me so I will check them for the syrup. I have purchased the salad dressings (Pear and Raspberry), and I ended up throwing them out.

Which pancakes do you use. Every now and then I want a pancake and for some reason I can't get it out of my head, so that is why I am looking for the best tasting. And I also want to use it to make muffins. I tried the cookie with the IP vanilla drink and it was horrible. Since I have been on IP for a little over a month without anything bread like, I am searching for and alternative that I can have with my coffee in the morning.
Well I use HealthSmart golden pancakes from Nashua. I have also used ProtiDiet, which I thought were fine too but seemed really sweet.

I have not liked many of the WF products except for the regular pancake syrup. I am attempting to use the "amazing mayo" but WHY do they make everything so, so, so SWEET? I am thinking maybe this could be used for cole slaw. I tried a BBQ sauce that was bearable. The alfredo sauce was good once but the second time I tried it I could barely eat it. The "super fruits vinagrette" was insanely sweet. I opened the Russian dressing (unfortunately the store was out of Thousand Island when I went) and again so SWEET.

Here is a place you can order individual samples of some of the WF dressings and syrups. http://www.minimus.biz/search.aspx?keyword=walden
I haven't done that yet.

Have fun sampling!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Well I use HealthSmart golden pancakes from Nashua. I have also used ProtiDiet, which I thought were fine too but seemed really sweet.

I have not liked many of the WF products except for the regular pancake syrup. I am attempting to use the "amazing mayo" but WHY do they make everything so, so, so SWEET? I am thinking maybe this could be used for cole slaw. I tried a BBQ sauce that was bearable. The alfredo sauce was good once but the second time I tried it I could barely eat it. The "super fruits vinagrette" was insanely sweet. I opened the Russian dressing (unfortunately the store was out of Thousand Island when I went) and again so SWEET.

Here is a place you can order individual samples of some of the WF dressings and syrups. http://www.minimus.biz/search.aspx?keyword=walden
I haven't done that yet.

Have fun sampling!

Thanks EmmaD

This site is a good way to test out WF.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

I know this has been discussed before -- anyone who is using alternatives that used IP products previously see a difference in losses? I lost well on IP, and am back on using alternatives and am just not seeing results.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
I know this has been discussed before -- anyone who is using alternatives that used IP products previously see a difference in losses? I lost well on IP, and am back on using alternatives and am just not seeing results.
I have done both and lost well on both.

BUT consider the difference in what you weighed as you first started IP vs what you weigh this time. Losses are going to be larger 1) when you first start AND 2)when you are larger and have more to lose.

Someone at 300 lbs who loses 3 lbs in a week lost 1%
Soneone at 150 lbs who loses 1.5 lbs also lost 1%... BUT they perceive they have had a "much smaller" loss!

I often see this question cone up when people switch, but by the time they switch they are usually closer or much closer to goal, so just when losses are naturally getting smaller and slowing down, it ends up seeming it is the switch that caused the change!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-06-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I have done both and lost well on both.
Thanks so much for your reply. I definitely have less to lose, and can't imagine the alternatives really can give different results. IP simply cannot be that proprietary. The weight is just not budging, so I'm unhappy of course. Perhaps I need to add more exercise to kickstart the metabolism. Maybe my body is just too used to the limited caloric intake.

I'll get there -- I just don't want to let myself give up! I put back on weight and I want it off :-)
Old 05-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

I use both and I'm losing about 2lbs/week. That may be lower than what others see with strict IP, but I am happy with it and it has been consistent. For me, it works.

Last edited by sweetvt; 05-07-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #281  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
The nutritional profile for one serving of fermented Vegan proteins+ vanilla is:
Calories: 100
Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 220mg
Potassium 35mg
Carbohydrates 2g
Fiber 1g
Sugar 0g
Protein 20g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2%
Iron 30%

Unfortunately it costs $4.00 a serving in Canada (not sure what they sell it for in the States) so it's not cheaper, but if you have special dietary needs it's the one. I also tried their Greens+ Whole Body Nutrition in vanilla chai which is also fermented and vegan, non-GMO, and soy & gluten free, but is slightly lower in protein per serving and a bit higher in calories & carbs. It has other added stuff for a more complete nutritional profile and will work well for maintenance:
http://www.genuinehealth.com/wp-cont...tion-facts.jpg

Worth a try, see if you can get a sachet or two from your local health food store. Their website can direct you via postal/zip code or city list to your local store in the US & Canada that sells their products.

Liana
Liana, have you tried any of the pea or hemp proteins at all? I'm always curious about the taste profile, but as my brain finds it hard to wrap itself around those as protein supplements I have yet to try it (plus, it's not on hubby's list of "must have's").
Old 05-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #282  

Hi Amanda: I really like the vegan proteins, Vega, Garden of Life RAW, Genuine Health Vegan Greens Protein+, Manitoba Hemp Hearts (reduced fat) Powder. The Hemp has no flavours added but it's rather nutty tasting anyhow. (hahaha, not like 'crazy' but like 'nuts -the food') They all mix up pretty well with water or almond milk and don't tend to set like cement if you empty a cup and have to leave it in the car when travelling for the day. I eat a lot of dairy already and really don't want to overdo it with a ton of whey/casein protein as I have had sensitivities in the past when I wasn't GF yet. The texture will never be the same, it's not a milkshake, that's for sure, and they will never come in flavours like Birthday Cake (really??, like I want to set myself up for a craving?!?). DH & I used to eat a lot of beans/legumes anyhow, so there is no issue for me, I wish I could eat more of them now to help with the fiber (pretty well the reason I eat Quest bars) but maybe when I get my uptick under control again. If those kinds of proteins bother your digestive system you would like the fermented one. It helps the gut flora. I'd try some single serving packets to see if they work for you, then you can jump in & do the tub purchase if you like them - without wasting money. The Hemp Hearts and the Fermented Greens Protein+ are not cheap. Companies can easily source whey (as a byproduct of Greek Yogourt for instance) so it will always be cheaper.

BTW reposting this for Loser13 from another thread: All us Canadian Peeps listen up... and chime in if you can help her out.
"Hello again. I just wanted to say that I live in northern Ontario and I would really appreciate if anyone knows of products out there or great sites to order alternatives to share this. i have order from lowcarb and love it. i found quest bars and chips at GNC but never saw any eas rdt drinks at my walmart that I hear so much about or any of the proti brand.
i read some things on the Canadian thread but it is now closed and I did not see a new thread.
thanks!"

Liana
Old 05-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #283  

Talking Nashua code free shipping

Those who use Nashua Nutrition for alt-products - Mothers Day special
Use code MOM49 & get free shipping on orders over $49
This is US shipping only...
International incl Canada = MOM15 to get $15 off shipping charges.

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-08-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #284  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Hi Amanda: I really like the vegan proteins, Vega, Garden of Life RAW, Genuine Health Vegan Greens Protein+, Manitoba Hemp Hearts (reduced fat) Powder. The Hemp has no flavours added but it's rather nutty tasting anyhow. (hahaha, not like 'crazy' but like 'nuts -the food') They all mix up pretty well with water or almond milk and don't tend to set like cement if you empty a cup and have to leave it in the car when travelling for the day. I eat a lot of dairy already and really don't want to overdo it with a ton of whey/casein protein as I have had sensitivities in the past when I wasn't GF yet. The texture will never be the same, it's not a milkshake, that's for sure, and they will never come in flavours like Birthday Cake (really??, like I want to set myself up for a craving?!?). DH & I used to eat a lot of beans/legumes anyhow, so there is no issue for me, I wish I could eat more of them now to help with the fiber (pretty well the reason I eat Quest bars) but maybe when I get my uptick under control again. If those kinds of proteins bother your digestive system you would like the fermented one. It helps the gut flora. I'd try some single serving packets to see if they work for you, then you can jump in & do the tub purchase if you like them - without wasting money. The Hemp Hearts and the Fermented Greens Protein+ are not cheap. Companies can easily source whey (as a byproduct of Greek Yogourt for instance) so it will always be cheaper.

Liana
Thanks for that, Liana, much appreciated. I always wondered what hemp would taste like. I love nuts and miss those the most - so maybe it's an opportunity to have nutty flavour without all the fat. Have to talk hubby into getting the individual packets while I'm away - Who knows, maybe he'll like it and there will be more new tubs when I get back! LOL
Old 05-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #285  

Hemp Hearts remind me of macadamia nuts, lol. So you get the similar sort of fatty nuttiness from the regular hemp hearts but it's around 400 calories for 20 grams of protein, lol. That's why the reduced fat is easier to work into your calorie macros - 200 cal for 25g protein. Not quite as tasty though I will admit .

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-08-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Closed Thread