Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #31  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

Has anyone had or know if we can have popcorn on IP? Just curious.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
omg!!! if you miss baked apples....try out the new recipe for chayote caramel apples!! it is so delicious and yummy and i felt like i was cheating and eating the insides of a baked apple pie...not to mention the house smells divine! recipe in the mixin in the kitchn thread. thanks frawniemae for the inspiration!
Thank you so much for posting this! I saw chayote at the store yesterday and thought about getting some, as it just looked so cute! Now that I know what to do with it, I'm definitely buying it! You are so amazingly creative in the kitchen, I envy that.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
Popcorn is a starch so the simple answer is no.
I'm wondering if you have the Phase 1 sheet?
If it isn't on the sheet, it isn't allowed.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #34  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I found the recipe -thanks for sharing... where did you find the chayote?
i found it at the local grocery store food lion. i had never even heard of it before i saw frawnimae talk about it, so when i was scouring the produce section, there it was, and i can't wait to go buy some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! I saw chayote at the store yesterday and thought about getting some, as it just looked so cute! Now that I know what to do with it, I'm definitely buying it! You are so amazingly creative in the kitchen, I envy that.
aww thank you for the compliment!

make sure you use gloves or peel it under running water as it does ooze a bit this sticky substance but it washed off easily enough.

omg...i couldn't hardly wait to taste the "apples" cold from the fridge this morning and they are even delicious could!

3 chayote sliced up to make me 4 cups exactly, so i had one serving last night and one still in the fridge!! i'm trying to keep myself from devouring them until supper time! hahaha
Old 02-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
i found it at the local grocery store food lion. i had never even heard of it before i saw frawnimae talk about it, so when i was scouring the produce section, there it was, and i can't wait to go buy some more!

aww thank you for the compliment!

make sure you use gloves or peel it under running water as it does ooze a bit this sticky substance but it washed off easily enough.

omg...i couldn't hardly wait to taste the "apples" cold from the fridge this morning and they are even delicious could!

3 chayote sliced up to make me 4 cups exactly, so i had one serving last night and one still in the fridge!! i'm trying to keep myself from devouring them until supper time! hahaha
You're very welcome! Your recipes have been very helpful to me so far! Now I'm really excited to try the "apple" slices. I have a hard time getting my veggies in, as I'm not very creative and work a lot so don't have as much time to prep. I'm thinking this weekend will be a big prep weekend!
Old 02-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #36  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Having a productive afternoon despite recuperating from my sinus infection...

Tomorrow I get some help from a cleaning lady, so I am doing pickup, and washing sheets - had houseguests over the holiday weekend.

Also, I am having a 'Shrink Please' laundry day--- I am down to my smallest size jeans that I had stored away in my Closet of Many Sizes so I took the 16's and 14's some size 1X tops and put them in the wash with warm water and then into the hot dryer...

Now, I have to tell you -- For years, I have religiously washed all my clothes in cold water and hung them to line dry just to make sure I could still get into them after they were laundered.... To set things up wishing for shrinkage is a total reversal of my usual practice!!! But, I hope to resurrect one or two pair of jeans that will fit a bit better to carry me along toward getting closer to my goal weight.

I also put a crockpot supper together with a nicely seared Pork tenderloin over turnips with a cup of WF Barbeque Sauce and a half cup of chicken broth. I have done this using the WF pancake syrup and chicken broth, but I need to order more syrup, so I am making this substitution and hoping it will come out just as good.

A good Friday at home!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Corn is a high starch carb grain, so unless you are doing Alternative P1 (for diabetics) where you can use airpopped for your one starch carb choice per day, it's a no-no.
It can be a useful thing in maintenance though for your carbmeal, so hang in there...

Liana
Old 02-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #38  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post

A silly NSV, but my husband commented on how small I felt and picked me up (literally) the other day and I didn't worry that I was too big and he was going to hurt himself lol
Lovely that your hubby is so supportive, DD ... and what a way to make you feel great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
My boss brought bagels in this morning, he's really testing my resistance! Luckily, I had an IP pancake for breakfast this morning, which really fill me up for a while. I will just have to stay away from the break room, and I will forget about them!
Way to go on resisting the temptation, LegalEagle! Hopefully he's not testing you deliberately, so much as providing a nice service for co-workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

Also, I am having a 'Shrink Please' laundry day--- I am down to my smallest size jeans that I had stored away in my Closet of Many Sizes so I took the 16's and 14's some size 1X tops and put them in the wash with warm water and then into the hot dryer...

Now, I have to tell you -- For years, I have religiously washed all my clothes in cold water and hung them to line dry just to make sure I could still get into them after they were laundered.... To set things up wishing for shrinkage is a total reversal of my usual practice!!! But, I hope to resurrect one or two pair of jeans that will fit a bit better to carry me along toward getting closer to my goal weight.

I also put a crockpot supper together with a nicely seared Pork tenderloin over turnips with a cup of WF Barbeque Sauce and a half cup of chicken broth. I have done this using the WF pancake syrup and chicken broth, but I need to order more syrup, so I am making this substitution and hoping it will come out just as good.

A good Friday at home!
Hahahah Cheryl, that is a cunning ploy. Hope it works!

Sounds like a yummy dinner for tonight. Do you ever do a dry pork rub and shred it like pulled pork?

I'm toying with a chicken sweet'n'sour slowcooker recipe for tomorrow. Hubby's been using the Heinz 1 carb tomato ketchup and I figured I could sneak a couple tbsp of that in with some soy sauce, ginger, chili, garlic and the IP maple syrup and toss in some red and green peppers, mushrooms, bok choy and a little last-second addition onion to catch it before caramelisation.

I hear you on the IP syrup .. it's the only pseudo maple syrup that I actually like and I think we'll keep ordering it even after phasing off IP. Amazing taste.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #39  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
hi frawniemae, i was wondering if you had the time to tell me about chayote. i posted a question for you in the what are you eating thread, but did not hear back. i have looked up online trying to find a recipe for the chayote "apples" you make, can you share with me please, how you make them??? thank you
Oh Rainbow! I sure didn't see that post! I wish this site had a built in notification signal. Feel free to PM me anytime. And edited to say I didn't read through the rest of the thread before posting this...glad you found a recipe! Aren't they delish!!??

Baked Chayote Apple Spice -(Phases 1-4)

1 large chayote, seeded, peeled, sliced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch salt
1 full droplet of Stevia Clear or two packets of Stevia.
1 tsp or more Apple Pie Spice (recipe below)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Toss together chayote, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into pan and cook over medium until tender-crisp.
2. About 5 minutes into cooking, add in the spices, sweetener, and vanilla. (You can adjust amount spice to taste).
3. Stir gently then cover and reduce heat to let it barely simmer. If it starts to get dry you can add a little water (about 1 T at a time). Let simmer about 15 minutes. Enjoy now or refrigerate for later. Keeps about 4 days in the fridge.

Apple Pie Spice (make extra and store leftovers)
Ingredients:
•1 tsp ground cinnamon
•1/2tsp ground nutmeg
•1/4tsp ground allspice
•1/4 tsp finely ground cardamom

Last edited by frawniemae; 02-20-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #40  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Oh Rainbow! I sure didn't see that post! I wish this site had a built in notification signal. Feel free to PM me anytime. And edited to say I didn't read through the rest of the thread before posting this...glad you found a recipe! Aren't they delish!!??
no worries i found a good recipe then modified it and yes they are amazingly delicious!!! can't wait to buy more!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #41  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Amanda - I haven't tried on my jeans yet to see how the shrinking worked... I think a couple of my cotton knit tops came down a bit for sure. I'll report back as I discover how it goes...

Frawniemae and Rainbowsmiles: Since you two are shining star chefs in the kitchen... got any recipe ideas for an IP friendly baked egg custard? I am wondering if a couple of eggs or an egg and egg white combo with some almond milk or skim milk might make up into an egg custard... I have made the Sweet Fauxtato Pie (a custard with no crust), but I think I would like to have a custard without the rutabaga flavor. What do you think?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:03 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 170/161.5/115

Height: 5'0

This might be a dumb question, but I recently bought a bunch of different herbal teas and none of them have nutrition facts on them. Does that mean they are all 0/0/0??

I'm curious, because some of them have different fruits and what not in them
Old 02-21-2015, 02:38 AM   #43  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Hi everyone, hope you all are having a great start to your weekend. I'm just starting Day 4, and I had insane carb dreams last night (with all the ensuing guilt) so I'm probably in ketosis now haha It is the best feeling to wake up and have that all just be a dream...

frawniemae Thank you for the great recipe to try. I'll keep my eye out for chayotes at the marché, they seem to have lots of veggies but it's always a mystery what they are called in French!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepcalmbeclassy View Post
This might be a dumb question, but I recently bought a bunch of different herbal teas and none of them have nutrition facts on them. Does that mean they are all 0/0/0??
keepcalmbeclassy if they only have tea leaves (and maybe dry fruit?) as an ingredient then yes. I used to go to David's Tea and they would add all kinds of things, little mints and candies etc. Those were not. Maybe search on MFP to see if someone has entered a similar type of tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We're also going to a trivia nite tomorrow (if the weather cooperates). I'm bringing a veggie tray and some mockamole.
Lisa thanks for the tip. We are going to a dinner party tonight and it will be full of French goodies so it will be critical for me to bring something to keep me occupied! I hope your trivia nite goes as planned!
Closed Thread