Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:28 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 1/22/2015

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

NSV - The boots I bought a few years ago that were too small for my calves, but I kept them anyway telling myself "one day" well, today I am finally wearing them! I've been trying them on during my journey and a couple of weeks ago I could get them on, but they were tight so I wasn't ready. But at last weigh-in I lost another 1/2 inch on my calf so I decided what the heck. And they fit comfortably, still, I would have a heck of a time with jeans but I'll take it for now and they look great with a skirt

I hope you all have a great OP day.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #3  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

DeterminedDieter that's awesome!! You must feel like a million bucks in those boots!

I finally bit the bullet and went to the gym yesterday. I cut my sets to 2 of each, lowered weights, increased reps, cut the amount of exercises I did pre IP and took lots of rests between sets to keep my heart rate down. I loved it. I missed it so much. I was absolutely elated (still am!). I missed my gym family. Going back again today!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Two awesome starts to the day, DeterminedDieter and kimo! My tall boots were shoved into the back of my closet a couple of years ago and have not been seen since. You are inspiring me to find them and try them on. kimo, you are lucky to have a gym family -- having friends participate in the same activities is just another way to keep one happy and accountable (which is why I have such a hard time getting getting myself to lift weights or work out on machines, but an easier time going to group classes).
Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Congrats, DeterminedDieter! I bet zipping those boots up was such a great feeling. I have about two boxes of old clothes that are in good condition that I keep around for motivation. Definitely not ready to try any of them on yet, as I'd like to lose at least another 10lb first, but I have a particularly cute skirt hanging from the knob of my bedroom door. I look at it every day and can't wait to slip that baby on! Too bad it will probably be out of season by the time I get there, but that's ok...

I weigh in tomorrow. Finally totally back on track after taking a long break during the holidays and another delayed start last week due to vacation. I am done being flaky with my commitment and am ready to go full force. I am planning my first "reward" meal (going to stop calling them cheat meals so it feels like something I've earned) to be on Valentine's Day. I would like to enjoy a nice meal with my boyfriend and a little wine, and after this it will feel like even more of an indulgence!

Happy Thursday, lovelies!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #6  

Kimo88, I'm just getting back into the C25K program and the exercise does feel great! I'm glad that with proper steps we can be active on this plan.

Mimi47, courtneyf2 isn't it a great feeling to fit back into things. I had a whole box of old clothes as far back as college and I went through it the other day, fitting into almost everything and it felt great. Of course pretty much everything was out dated so besides a couple of pieces for nostalgia I happily tossed the rest. courtney, I hope you fit into that skirt sooner than you think either way you are going to rock it!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all! Getting back on track after a pretty rough week last week, stayed OP but dealt with a lot of stress. School starts again this week for me so my schedule is about to get crazy, but I keep telling myself it'll be worth it in the end

Have been trying to get to the bottom of a stall that has held me back for the last month (I've been pretty much at a standstill weight- and measurement-wise for at least 4 weeks). Went to my doctor for a physical on Friday, we talked about my symptoms (I've been dealing with feeling heavy/full even after smaller meals and sometimes stomach pain so bad I have to lay on my stomach to ease it). She thinks it might be acid reflux/GERD and has me taking a course of Nexium to see how it goes. There are findings now that link GERD to Hypothyroidism too. Well 5 days into the Nexium and not only does my stomach feel better, two pounds went WHOOSH! Inflammation is a beast.

Congrats on all the NSVs!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

NSV - The boots I bought a few years ago that were too small for my calves, but I kept them anyway telling myself "one day" well, today I am finally wearing them! I've been trying them on during my journey and a couple of weeks ago I could get them on, but they were tight so I wasn't ready. But at last weigh-in I lost another 1/2 inch on my calf so I decided what the heck. And they fit comfortably, still, I would have a heck of a time with jeans but I'll take it for now and they look great with a skirt

I hope you all have a great OP day.
I can relate!! At Christmastime DH and I went shopping. I had been telling him that I wanted a pair of tall boots. We were at the shoe store and I saw a pair that I liked so I tried them on, DH was watching me, so I said, they may not fit...I have big calves. He said, whatever, they will fit! Well they did not fit! I couldn't come close to zipping them. We both laughed. I'll get there.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #9  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

First day for me to be full on into the IP way of life! Feeling positive and ready to tackle any craving that may hit today! I have totally gotten off of my diet cola habit (4-5 a day) and have cleared out my pantry and freezer of most those nasty carbs that were hiding out in there. I left a few items for hubbie to help him ease into this way of life , too. He's on board with me but the occasional french fry (baked, of course) or peanut butter&jelly sandwich might keep him better appeased. If those things become too tempting for me, he'll have to find somewhere to go to get them other than here!

For the past week I have been spending a huge amount of time on this forum getting meal ideas and such and have been completely amazed at the support everyone has for each other here. I know I will be successful. This isn't just a "diet"; it's a whole nother way of living!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-22-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

HI group. I am fairly new to 3fc, I have been lurking for a while. I started IP last May and did really well. I let life derail me at the end of the summer and have decided I am ready to do it again so I am back OP. Feeling amazing. I know if works and I am ready to lose. week one I dropped 8.5 which is always a huge motivator. I like to work out as well. Havent had a lot of energy but as soon as I get some balance I will be back to the gym. I like to walk, some swimming, and the Les Mills Bodypump classes are my absolute FAV. I just bought the at home series for that so that when I just cant get to the gym I can at least do something at home. I am an avid horse lover and ride tons. I also drive and have a team of draft horses. Hope to get to know you guys and be part of the support for others also! We can do this.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hi all! Getting back on track after a pretty rough week last week, stayed OP but dealt with a lot of stress. School starts again this week for me so my schedule is about to get crazy, but I keep telling myself it'll be worth it in the end

Have been trying to get to the bottom of a stall that has held me back for the last month (I've been pretty much at a standstill weight- and measurement-wise for at least 4 weeks). Went to my doctor for a physical on Friday, we talked about my symptoms (I've been dealing with feeling heavy/full even after smaller meals and sometimes stomach pain so bad I have to lay on my stomach to ease it). She thinks it might be acid reflux/GERD and has me taking a course of Nexium to see how it goes. There are findings now that link GERD to Hypothyroidism too. Well 5 days into the Nexium and not only does my stomach feel better, two pounds went WHOOSH! Inflammation is a beast.

Congrats on all the NSVs!!!
scorbett, I'm glad the doctor helped with the feeling of discomfort and that it helped break the stall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I can relate!! At Christmastime DH and I went shopping. I had been telling him that I wanted a pair of tall boots. We were at the shoe store and I saw a pair that I liked so I tried them on, DH was watching me, so I said, they may not fit...I have big calves. He said, whatever, they will fit! Well they did not fit! I couldn't come close to zipping them. We both laughed. I'll get there.
Yes you will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
First day for me to be full on into the IP way of life! Feeling positive and ready to tackle any craving that may hit today! I have totally gotten off of my diet cola habit (4-5 a day) and have cleared out my pantry and freezer of most those nasty carbs that were hiding out in there. I left a few items for hubbie to help him ease into this way of life , too. He's on board with me but the occasional french fry (baked, of course) or peanut butter&jelly sandwich might keep him better appeased. If those things become too tempting for me, he'll have to find somewhere to go to get them other than here!

For the past week I have been spending a huge amount of time on this forum getting meal ideas and such and have been completely amazed at the support everyone has for each other here. I know I will be successful. This isn't just a "diet"; it's a whole nother way of living!
Congrats on your full on start, you certainly won't regret it! Happy losing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post
HI group. I am fairly new to 3fc, I have been lurking for a while. I started IP last May and did really well. I let life derail me at the end of the summer and have decided I am ready to do it again so I am back OP. Feeling amazing. I know if works and I am ready to lose. week one I dropped 8.5 which is always a huge motivator. I like to work out as well. Havent had a lot of energy but as soon as I get some balance I will be back to the gym. I like to walk, some swimming, and the Les Mills Bodypump classes are my absolute FAV. I just bought the at home series for that so that when I just cant get to the gym I can at least do something at home. I am an avid horse lover and ride tons. I also drive and have a team of draft horses. Hope to get to know you guys and be part of the support for others also! We can do this.
Welcome back to IP and welcome to 3FC, it's a great place to learn and stay motivated. The IP forum has a great group of people here to support and encourage!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post

You are right, this is a whole new way of living!! And I am SO happy to share the experience with my friends on 3FC!!!!! What an excellent support system!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post

Hey, life happens!! The important thing is that YOU ARE BACK!!! You know that IP works, and YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Let's Rock IP!!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #13  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome Mmjenny! You are right, we can do this!
FrawnieMae- Congratulations on getting rid of those temptations!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/XX/140

Height: 5'8"

So its official, I went to the doctors today and it turns out I have pneumonia. I am not entirely sure how or where this came from; but, it does explains why I have a hard time moving from my bed.
I really appreciate all the kind works and suggestions that people gave me yesterday. Perhaps posting more on the wall benefits us mentally b/c it really did lift my spirts.
I am going to try to learn how to make these dancing characters and sparkly words, they are so much fun.
Welcome to the new people (I too am only a week old :P )
Yesterday someone wrote about gwynnie bee, I had to look it up. What a great little company. The things you teach me on this form is never ending
Old 01-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #15  
Emporium owner

S/C/G: 265/179/160

Funny, all the talk about shoes and cothes. Allot of mine are stating to look a little silly at 60Lbs down, and I need to go buy some more. But in a few months when I hit my goal I will be 40lbs less and I need to do it all over again. Adding to that, I mainly clothes shop at Margaritaville, video game expos, and small airports.... so I need to start buying a size ahead. I just hate to get rid of all the stuff I have because I like allot of these shirts and many of them come from shows I helped run or ran as top dog. But I suppose there aren't many tailor shops that will turn a XXL Tshirt into a L, probably not a big market for that..
Closed Thread