Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Hi Kimo- Dont feel alone- My body is the same way! I trained like a pro athlete and I couldnt lose a pound. Calories in - Calories out does not apply to everyone. Frustrating, but IP has been the only thing that works, of course it is not supportive of a vigorous lifting program- you are so close to goal I am sure you will find a way to incorporate both.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #317  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Hi Kimo- Dont feel alone- My body is the same way! I trained like a pro athlete and I couldnt lose a pound. Calories in - Calories out does not apply to everyone. Frustrating, but IP has been the only thing that works, of course it is not supportive of a vigorous lifting program- you are so close to goal I am sure you will find a way to incorporate both.
It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this. Though, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy so in that regard it's not so nice that I'm not alone in this. I'm hoping to lose a few more lbs in P2 and then just try to maintain whatever weight I get to. I'll be lifting heavy again so my body will tone up and gain muscle in the next little bit too so I'll probably lean out a little more. I bought myself a scale that does BF% too so if I'm leaning out I'll be able to tell (the bf% might not be perfect but it's good for trending.) On the plus side, I've found with myself that I don't tend to gain weight exceptionally easily. Probably due to the extremely active lifestyle and the fact that I'm always thinking about portion sizes and what I'm putting on my body. Who knows if that will be different when I'm at this lower weight but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't change.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been gone so long! Busy here in Boston.

Kira - Your pictures are amazing! So proud of you, lady! I'm like you and CO-6 in that I never, ever lost a pound by working out, and that was even while eating plenty of lean meat and vegetables and not many starchy things since my transition to gluten-free over a year ago. I know that I got stronger, but the fat never budged. Glad to know we're not alone.

I just decided that I'm giving myself one more month on P1 and that no matter where I am by then, I'm going to switch to P2 and get back to working with the trainer I'd put on hold back in Nov. when I started IP. I can't wait. I'm also reassessing my goal a bit because somehow, at 146, I'm between about a size 4 and a size 6 and friends are starting to ask how "crazy" I'm going to be. I have a BF% I'm aiming for, but at 24%, I'm not there yet.

I'm also quickly coming up on a lot of my end of law school and pre-wedding festivities (FL in two weeks!) and I'd like to be past P1 enough to eat a slice of cheese or have a glass of wine at a party. I slipped up this weekend and had THREE vodka drinks at a ball on Saturday. I'm actually not upset that I did, although having not had a drink since November, I could have done with just two. We'll see how much damage it did when I weigh in on Weds.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #319  
Started IP 11/26/2014

MPC - Thanks! Sucks to hear you're like me and CO_6. At least we're good examples of how awesome IP works! It's nice that you have a plan set out. Getting back to work with your trainer might be nice too so you're all toned up for the wedding. I'm sure you already look absolutely amazing though. Size 4-6!

I had a nice NSV this weekend. I went out to the bar this weekend with some friends (I live in a small town so when we go out we pretty much know most of the people). Anyway nobody recognized me! I would have to start conversations with people and only after I did that they would take a hard look at me and say OMG! Kira?! Got lots of compliments and felt really good. The crappy part, staying out til 4am made me feel hungover the next day even though I didn't drink a drop of alcohol haha! I'm terrified for when I actually drink..
Old 03-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Hi guys hope you all had a great weekend. Busy here with all the assignments and the weather is just not helping. 10 inches snow again last night.

Good news is my BFP drops again to 22.6% and I actually lost a pound. I am not sure yet that I am gonna go with my BFP goal or my weight goal, I am kinda used to this diet now and it suits my simple busy life style. Maybe I'll stick to it a bit longer see what happens.

How did everyone else do?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #321  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
MPC - Thanks! Sucks to hear you're like me and CO_6. At least we're good examples of how awesome IP works! It's nice that you have a plan set out. Getting back to work with your trainer might be nice too so you're all toned up for the wedding. I'm sure you already look absolutely amazing though. Size 4-6!

I had a nice NSV this weekend. I went out to the bar this weekend with some friends (I live in a small town so when we go out we pretty much know most of the people). Anyway nobody recognized me! I would have to start conversations with people and only after I did that they would take a hard look at me and say OMG! Kira?! Got lots of compliments and felt really good. The crappy part, staying out til 4am made me feel hungover the next day even though I didn't drink a drop of alcohol haha! I'm terrified for when I actually drink..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffeifei View Post
Hi guys hope you all had a great weekend. Busy here with all the assignments and the weather is just not helping. 10 inches snow again last night.

Good news is my BFP drops again to 22.6% and I actually lost a pound. I am not sure yet that I am gonna go with my BFP goal or my weight goal, I am kinda used to this diet now and it suits my simple busy life style. Maybe I'll stick to it a bit longer see what happens.

How did everyone else do?
Congratulations to you both - that's fantastic!!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #322  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Default Spring!

Wow... After a nasty, terrible, awful winter here in. Boston it looks like Spring may be coming! I am so excited to get out and exercise, walk, perhaps even try running....

My losses have slowed down dramatically and my weekly loss average fell below 3lb but am hoping some extra movement will help get my average up a little to get me to the finish line!

I am excited to report that I have 2 friends who joined IP in the past 2 weeks... I am so happy and proud of them and hope it continues to be contagious!

I hope the sun is shining where ever you are!

Last edited by Hmm123; 03-25-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #323  

Talking about spring I got something funny from my co-workder
Old 03-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #324  

Opps forgot to attach it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-03-24 07 11 15.jpg (27.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #325  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Hmm123 - It's so nice that you have a few friends joining in on your journey! Hopefully getting out and walking will help to speed up your losses but don't forget, you weigh a lot less now so you will lose slower.

Fluffeifei - As a fellow Canadian I had to laugh at that pic!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm on my second week of P2. Already have a few meals planned out for P3. Crossing my fingers that I'll see some losses as I'm phasing out.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #326  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Hey all!! So I moved my ticker weight to what my fitbit scale says instead of what my clinic scale says. Seeing as I'm phasing out and that's the weight I will be using going forward I felt like it was about time.

On Monday when I had my clinic weigh in I was 161 on my home scale 163 at the clinic (I realized I had worked out way too hard at the gym last week and took a preworkout with creatine, which causes major water retention). This morning I thought I would weigh myself again at home...157!!!! Finally, I'm losing! OMG!

I just had to share with my november peeps!

Last edited by kimo88; 03-26-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #327  

Good job Kira. This fluctuation is normal with working out. I could stall for couple weeks then have a big loss. Keep going, you are not far from your goal!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Hey all!! So I moved my ticker weight to what my fitbit scale says instead of what my clinic scale says. Seeing as I'm phasing out and that's the weight I will be using going forward I felt like it was about time.

On Monday when I had my clinic weigh in I was 161 on my home scale 163 at the clinic (I realized I had worked out way too hard at the gym last week and took a preworkout with creatine, which causes major water retention). This morning I thought I would weigh myself again at home...157!!!! Finally, I'm losing! OMG!

I just had to share with my november peeps!
Yeah!! Great scale movement! I am so happy for you!
Old 03-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #329  

Click on the link below to join my Dietbet challenge!

The challenge is $25 and all those who loose 4% in a month split the pot! I have won $433 since January for my new wardrobe!

The pot is over $300 already!

I hope you will join me!
http://diet.bt/2JfbxW

Cheers,
Heidi
Old 03-28-2015, 03:23 PM   #330  

I think I finally lost the water retained from TOM and dropped 2lbs but then my BFP went up by .2%. I am still quite happy about it. It means that the quest alternative products work and my working out didn't jeopardise my weight loss.

We finally have quest chips in our popeye store. I got all 4 flavors and they all taste great, much better than IP chips. better taste and less dryness. Now I have almost completely swapped out IP products except the wafers..

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Closed Thread