Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
How late are people having their last protein? I had my last protein drink perhaps 45min before going to bed. Is that too late?
Whatever works for you is absolutely fine. I just learned that something later in the evening may actually HELP keep cortisol in the appropriate range and cycle, which can only help with weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all - I did it! I HIT GOAL with a loss of 5.4 lbs this week (wow - I know!). Total loss to date: 114.6 lbs in 8 months and 1 week.
Incredible. Congrats!
Be sure to join the maintainers group. They're all learning how to keep it off together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
I went to a spin class last week and loved it. I told my coach and she wasn't super excited, she said that the one thing she learned at her coach training was the spinning is a no go. Any ideas as to why? I'm thinking of sticking to it once a week while adding some lifting in 2 other days of the week.

Also - I had my extra packet before the class last week, is this ok or do I have to have it after? Just concerned because it's at 630pm, so not enough time to get dinner ready first but I am very hungry by then!
If you're gonna do spinning (which I personally LOVE!), I'd do a packet before and one after. And (I saw your other post on the subject), keep in that beginner reference while you're on P1. There will be plenty of time to increase the intensity of the workout when you're in maintenance.

Re: dinner. Cook extra other days so that you can just heat & eat when you get home! It might also be a good day to be sure to have one of the occasional veggies
Old 01-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #77  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

SG: You are hitting your stride girl! Where has Kissi been? I haven't seen her post lately but I have been struggling to get on here myself since I started working my second job so I might have missed it.

Rayze: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Hi fellow IPers,
It/s been 2 yrs since I began IP and suspended my preference for non-processed food. Today, after a gazillion bottles of Mio, I'm trying to move toward more natural sweeteners without making it a struggle to get my water in. I would welcome your opinions about stevia for other uses, too.

I'm overwhelmed by all the varieties of Stevia out there & hope to tap the collective knowledge on this active forum. I posted also on the Food forum, but it can take weeks to get a response.

Thanks!
Not sure if you got an answer about this Mars but I use stevia. There are the drops and some are flavoured. I like the vanilla stevia drops, you don't need much to flavour things. I use it in my shakes in the morning and sometimes in my coffee. I also like the plain powdered stevia for sweetening. I also use the vanilla stevia in greek yogurt and fruit or oatmeal and peanut butter for breakfast. I hope this helps you out.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:18 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

CenTXChk,
Such a fabulous loss! Congrats!!

Rayze,
Congrats on the 114 lb loss, so terrific!!

to both of you!
Old 01-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Hi fellow IPers,
It/s been 2 yrs since I began IP and suspended my preference for non-processed food. Today, after a gazillion bottles of Mio, I'm trying to move toward more natural sweeteners without making it a struggle to get my water in. I would welcome your opinions about stevia for other uses, too.

I'm overwhelmed by all the varieties of Stevia out there & hope to tap the collective knowledge on this active forum. I posted also on the Food forum, but it can take weeks to get a response.
I've become quite fond of Slique drops from an essential oils company. I'm a distributor but I don't really advertise that here. They have a very refreshing taste & a small bottle has lasted me over 2 months! I used to be a big Mio user but I honestly can't remember the last time I used it. Besides cutting out that source of artificial sweetener, it also cut out the artificial colors.

The sweet leaf drops work for me, too. Those bottles don't last as long as the Slique does.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-13-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

All of your successes are inspirational!

I lost all my excess weight 2 years ago, gained most of it back because after some cancer surgery, which was successful, I celebrated with food and didn't stop soon enough...so here I am, on day 4. I know from experience that time does pass pretty quickly after week 2 or 3...hopefully, I learned my lesson.

Congrats to all of you with NSVs and pound losses!

Last edited by Blueskies2; 01-13-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

CenTXChk, Beautiful pictures! Congratulations for being brave enough to post them and for losing the weight.

Rayze, GOAL!! You rock

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-13-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

I hope we are all having an OP IP week Keep up the great work!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Thanks to all for the encouragement!

Congratulations to Rayze and CnTXChk! Awesome!

Staying OP. Drinking lots of water and hoping the scale goes DOWN this week. I was the only one in the class who hadn't lost during the week. Staying positive. It's better than the alternative!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
How late are people having their last protein? I had my last protein drink perhaps 45min before going to bed. Is that too late?
I'm in the minority, it seems, and usually have my third packet around 930 or 10pm, when DH sits down next to me with cookies! I'd love to get away from this habit, however, as when I am off IP, I'd like not to eat after 8pm. Right now, since the numbers of calories and carbs we're taking in are so low, it's not bothering me so much.

Rayze -- a huge congratulations to you!

CenTXChk -- great pictures -- way to go!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #86  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all - I did it! I HIT GOAL with a loss of 5.4 lbs this week (wow - I know!). Total loss to date: 114.6 lbs in 8 months and 1 week.

I am moving to Phase 2 starting today. I hope to drop a couple of more lbs in this phase before moving to Phase 3. I could not have done this without the forum. Thank you!
YAY!!!! Wonderful!!!!
And go glad to see you are phasing off properly -- share your experience of phasing off - you will be leading the way for those of us who are to follow.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

My head feels like its in a vice, succumbed to advil tonight. ( week 1 since the holidays and it feels it)
Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 AM   #88  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Thank you all for the congratulations and support. I've been lurking on the maintainers thread, getting prepared for this next step. I'm really excited that I am not too scared - yet - about phasing off. If feel like I have the right tools, support and mindset to be successful.
Closed Thread