Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #16  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here's the link to the muffin/pancake recipe I use (and now also peanut butter cookies with Quest Peanut Butter whey protein).

I don't use crispy cereal due to the soy.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4815317-post89.html
yummm I am going to have to try these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyR32 View Post
I'm new to 3FC. I started IP 11-22-14. Down 17# as of today. I enjoy reading all the posts. Girls at work found out at week 4. Most of them are pretty supportive. Glad I found this site. It's very motivating!!!!
Welcome aboard.. looking for support and motivation.. you have come to the right place
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #17  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyR32 View Post
I'm new to 3FC. I started IP 11-22-14. Down 17# as of today. I enjoy reading all the posts. Girls at work found out at week 4. Most of them are pretty supportive. Glad I found this site. It's very motivating!!!!
Welcome. Always nice to have a new face on the forum.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #18  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Hello All, my name is Linda and I just signed up for IP yesterday. Day 1 will be Monday, January 5th, my first day back to work from holidays. I've been browsing the internet looking for as much info on IP as I can get to be able to make the most informed decisions and maximize my experience. I am new to this forum so still learning how to navigate the site. Please be patient.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi and welcome, linda.lou! There's a few of us Canadians around the forum, if you need any local advice ie where to find products for alternatives or vitamins. Everyone is very welcoming & helpful on the forums. Try to read the daily chat and chime in on it if you have questions (if you can't find something by a thread search ). Tell us all about your progress!

Liana
Old 01-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for all your help and suggestions on the muffin and pancake recipes!

- Kelly
Old 01-04-2015, 07:48 AM   #21  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Sunday Morning

it is going to be 60 today here in Jersey.. I think I will get out for a nice long walk. I am loving the energy I have since starting IP. I have not lost allot of weight yet but I can feel some tiny changes after getting some of the bloat off. It is a little easier tying my shoes and just bending in general.. I am sooooo glad I made the decision to start again. have a great day!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Hello All, my name is Linda and I just signed up for IP yesterday. Day 1 will be Monday, January 5th, my first day back to work from holidays. I've been browsing the internet looking for as much info on IP as I can get to be able to make the most informed decisions and maximize my experience. I am new to this forum so still learning how to navigate the site. Please be patient.
jump right in...you will find tons of helpful info on these threads! Bookmark it and come back daily. I promise you will learn something new every day.

Hi Carol, fellow jerseyer! Once the snow melts in the 60 degree temps today I will take down the Christmas lights outside!

Late hockey game last night for DS had me up till 11:30 but I slipped a quest chips package in the car and ate it on the ride home so I was not starving. My coach says not to go more than 4 hours between eating even if it means an extra pack....

For planning, I am good but not as good as I should be. I shop for fresh veggies 2 or 3 times per week. I pre chop always my peppers since they are the base for most of my meals.
First thing in the am is always a RTD Vanilla while I feed and take out the dog. Then my "breakfast" is around 8-9 and I do if I am home a pancake or muffin of some sort...
Lunch is always the same peppers, cucumbers, and every few days some tomato's with oil and vinegar and a pack of some kind ....winter has been soups. Just bought protithin pea soup....can't wait to try that. I sometimes make a huge veggie salad with the above and cauliflower and pickles. Portion it our with the oil and vin and the containers are ready to eat...actually think I will make that today!
Dinner is some sort of cooked veggie and my 8oz of protine. We are a family that loves fish so I do that a lot. Red meat once a week usually. Lots of chicken too....
I have a snack mid afternoon - that's usually my restricted unless I do the chili for lunch.
Before bed is a cup of smooth move tea.....gotta keep things working...lol

Thanks for the topic Lisa it reminded me about making that salad. In the beginning of my journey I ate that all the time and I loved that it was always ready in the fridge....gotta pull the recipe out.

Have an awsome day everyone.....dinner out tonight with my BIL & SIL who have 1 day layover from California on their way home from Vacation....hope they landed last night...
Old 01-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

Good Sunday morning/afternoon everyone! Welcome to all the new starters - keep checking in, there's lots of good information on here.

I spent an hour shovelling the driveway yesterday and my back is really feeling it today so I think I'm just going to take it easy and maybe finish Season 4 of The Killing.

Planning - Sundays are the day I plan out my week, what protein and veggies I'll have and I make a list and hit the grocery store. Then I chop veggies and cook as planned. Today I'm roasting a chicken so that will be lots of protein for the week and some nice bone broth for soup too, yum!

I managed to find some frozen rhubarb yesterday - here in Canada it seems to be considered a "fruit". I think I have some plain gelatin so I'm going to try some rhubarb jello tonight.

Have a great IP day everyone!

Jo
Old 01-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I spent an hour shovelling the driveway yesterday and my back is really feeling it today so I think I'm just going to take it easy and maybe finish Season 4 of The Killing.

I managed to find some frozen rhubarb yesterday - here in Canada it seems to be considered a "fruit". I think I have some plain gelatin so I'm going to try some rhubarb jello tonight.
Hi Jo!
My grocery stopped carrying rhubarb (froz or fresh). Frozen used to be in with the berries (& pie fixin's). I just found some again when I picked up some frozen berries for DH. I'm so happy!!! It is such a refreshing way to have some veggies as a "fruit".

Put some ice on that back for the sore muscles. We have some flurries but will also be experiencing a 30-40F degree temp drop today

I have to go back to work tomorrow. DH failed to win the lottery yet again. Last time I was there was 12/15. I left early for the Hawaiian vacation & then I've been staycationing at home. It has been nice.

Snap. Back to reality.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-04-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #25  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

For those in America with a local Sprouts, they carry rhubarb. It's in with the frozen fruit section. It actually works really nicely with the raspberry IP jelly packet and a vanilla pudding mix made into icecream, for that "special treat" you crave.

I have fallen in love with a new veggie for us - Cut n Clean Country Greens (collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens). I never knew that green veg could taste so wonderful; but fried in a little olive oil it is superb. I'm wondering if I could get away with oven baking them into chips.

In other news, I'm out of the 190s and firmly into the 180s. Happy day! Only 3.4 lbs to being overweight!

Last edited by Briael; 01-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
For those in America with a local Sprouts, they carry rhubarb. It's in with the frozen fruit section. It actually works really nicely with the raspberry IP jelly packet and a vanilla pudding mix made into icecream, for that "special treat" you crave.

I have fallen in love with a new veggie for us - Cut n Clean Country Greens (collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens). I never knew that green veg could taste so wonderful; but fried in a little olive oil it is superb. I'm wondering if I could get away with oven baking them into chips.

In other news, I'm out of the 190s and firmly into the 180s. Happy day! Only 3.4 lbs to being overweight!

Welcome to all the new IPeeps!

Briael Thanks for the rhubarb info! I'm doing the grocery shopping later today and planned on stopping there so I'll definitely look for it. Congrats on the 180's!

Today is a P1 day after my fun meal yesterday. I had a slice of heavenly pizza and a junior size salted caramel ice cream cone. It was so good! My daughter took a picture of me eating the ice cream and posted the pic to Instagram because I looked like I was in pure bliss! And I was! But, I will be glad to get back on P4 and a normal schedule now that the holidays are over.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #27  

Step one of return to work tomorrow mode:

Made 3 veggie omelets. At least 3 days I'll be near a microwave. the other days I'll probably bring zucchini/potato puree muffins (have yet to make those but some peanut butter cookies (quest powder) will be made later so I'll make both in one oven-use.

Headed out to a visitation for a friend's mother-in-law...
Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Coming here for support right now.

Went away with the family for a long weekend to see my BIL and his family. Had a really great time. Got home today and asked 16yo DS what his favorite part of the weekend was and he proceeded to tell me what a horrible weekend he had because I "yelled" at him all weekend. I was shocked. I asked for some examples which he couldn't provide. I was truly shocked because I thought we'd had a good weekend. I did ask him to pack up his stuff when we were leaving and asked him to help his dad pack up the car.

He and DH just left to run an errand and if I've ever felt like diving into my DD's birthday cake, it's right now!! I know he's a teenager but I feel like I can do no right by him. Didn't help that DH didn't stick up for me.

Trying to be strong but I am so hurt. Why does he always make me the bad guy??
Old 01-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #29  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

Went away with the family for a long weekend to see my BIL and his family. Had a really great time. Got home today and asked 16yo DS what his favorite part of the weekend was and he proceeded to tell me what a horrible weekend he had because I "yelled" at him all weekend. I was shocked. I asked for some examples which he couldn't provide. I was truly shocked because I thought we'd had a good weekend. I did ask him to pack up his stuff when we were leaving and asked him to help his dad pack up the car.

He and DH just left to run an errand and if I've ever felt like diving into my DD's birthday cake, it's right now!! I know he's a teenager but I feel like I can do no right by him. Didn't help that DH didn't stick up for me.

So sorry you are feeling hurt, CenTxChk!
First - teenagers live in a different time-space-continuum. Try to let your teenage son's mean comments roll on off your back. You certainly did not intend to ruin his weekend, and you cannot turn back the hands of time to undo whatever he viewed to be 'yelling at him.' There is no reason to let his upset become a reason why you should assuage your hurt feelings with DD's cake.
Second - Fix yourself a nice cup of tea and chill out with a good tv show (tonite is the return of Downton Abbey) or a good book or something to occupy your thoughts until your feelings calm and return to normal.
You deserve better than to take his upset out on yourself.

hang in there!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #30  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

I, too, live with teenagers and have had similar experiences lately. I was just thinking today about whether they have gotten much worse, or my reactions have been affected by a) the fact that I am no longer dealing with my feelings by eating and b) a little extra emotionality as fat burning dumps lots of estrogen into my system. Probably both.

I have been practicing a technique from "scream-free parenting" where I try REALLY hard to stay calm and just reflect back what my teen is feeling. In this situation, I would try to say (calmly), "I'm sorry you felt like I was yelling at you, that's not how I experienced it" and then walk away. It doesn't always work, but if I focus on staying calm and don't "take the bait", I find that the urge to stuff my face is not nearly as strong.

I am hoping that once I get out of P1, this living on the verge of tears will go away!
Closed Thread