Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 12/18/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! Hope all is well! Can't wait for things to slow down so I have more time!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #3  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Holidays are almost here. I am taking off next week from work and then no WI until next year.

Hopefully I will see good numbers on Saturday.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Copied from yesterday's chat by Lisa:

The snarky answers always come to mind but I've rehearsed this one:

Everyone needs to find the path that works for them. This one works for me because I'm not hungry all the time like on other diets I've tried. If you ever have any questions about how I made it work, feel free to ask. Good luck with the plan you choose.

And a shorter one: you're right, if you won't (yes, I change that word) give up things restricted on the plan, then it's not the plan for you. (Then I change the subject)

Thanks for this Lisa. I knew I would get some great answers here. Now I just have to remember them!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

It's Thursday - one of my two happy days in the week because it's GYM day!

At first I dreaded it, then I hated it and now I love it. Like everything else that seems to work for me, I think it's just become a habit that I've become accustomed to now that it's part of my routine.

Sodium from the water additives is finally flushed out of my system and I'm losing again, so I'm hoping to be under 195 for the new year. That will take me back to my last lowest weight in adulthood, where I was 4 years ago at this time. Then it will really be time to knuckle down and lose the rest.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
It's Thursday - one of my two happy days in the week because it's GYM day!

At first I dreaded it, then I hated it and now I love it. Like everything else that seems to work for me, I think it's just become a habit that I've become accustomed to now that it's part of my routine.

Sodium from the water additives is finally flushed out of my system and I'm losing again, so I'm hoping to be under 195 for the new year. That will take me back to my last lowest weight in adulthood, where I was 4 years ago at this time. Then it will really be time to knuckle down and lose the rest.
Awesome!!!

I just picked up a Kinect for our Xbox (refurbished from Gamestop for $25!) and a Zumba game...I've been doing it all week and LOVING it! I think I'm going to alternate between that and the Les Mills BodyPump program I picked up - I definitely need the strength training, but I love to dance so the Zumba game scratches that itch. If I stick to the beginner level it's not too taxing on me, and I can increase the intensity once I am phasing off.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #7  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Just stopping in to say hi! I managed to lose 3 lbs in my first week of reboot! If I hadn't been so off plan last weekend, it would prolly be more but I'm happy with that number!

I'm going to my hubby's Xmas party tonight and then I have a long weekend. I will try try try to stay as OP as I can. I know some people can be 100% all the time but if I can be 80-90% then I know I can lose...just not as quick as them. I feel it's better that way than just telling myself "oh well, you went off plan, may as well give it up!"

I plan to spend my weekend getting ready for Xmas since I haven't done a thing yet! Shopping tomorrow, decorating tomorrow night, wrapping on Sat, menu planning/groceries on Sunday...Whew, I'm tired already! LOL

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #8  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Awesome!!!

I just picked up a Kinect for our Xbox (refurbished from Gamestop for $25!) and a Zumba game...I've been doing it all week and LOVING it! I think I'm going to alternate between that and the Les Mills BodyPump program I picked up - I definitely need the strength training, but I love to dance so the Zumba game scratches that itch. If I stick to the beginner level it's not too taxing on me, and I can increase the intensity once I am phasing off.
I love zumba! Really got into it last time I got down to this weight. So much fun. Enjoy.

Just discovered a new protein shake that tastes amazing (like a cross between peanut butter and cream whipped together) - called Chocolite Protein Shake. Here are the stats:-

2 scoops (38g) is 150 cals, 3g fat, 0 cholesterol, 80 sodium, 0 potassium, 8g carbs, 5g fiber, 0 sugar, 24g protein. Lots of prebiotic and many vitamins. Think it falls into the borderline just under restricted, but at 3 net carbs for 24g of protein it's a really neat fix if you want something a little lighter than a chocolate shake! I'd be interested to know if anyone else has tried it and what our veteran IPers think of the nutritional information. Thanks.

EDIT: It's sucralose sweetened, like IP packets. Whey protein isolate, with short chain fructooligosaccharides, medium chain triglycerides and maltodextrin (this was my only point of concern).

Last edited by Briael; 12-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #9  
Starting IP on 12-29-14

S/C/G: 174/164/128

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon,
I'm new to this site and new to Ideal Protein. I am very grateful for all of the good information and to have so many people to share this journey with.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #10  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Lisa! I'm glad you found this forum, I don't know what I would do without my fellow IPers!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #11  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
I love zumba! Really got into it last time I got down to this weight. So much fun. Enjoy.

Just discovered a new protein shake that tastes amazing (like a cross between peanut butter and cream whipped together) - called Chocolite Protein Shake. Here are the stats:-

2 scoops (38g) is 150 cals, 3g fat, 0 cholesterol, 80 sodium, 0 potassium, 8g carbs, 5g fiber, 0 sugar, 24g protein. Lots of prebiotic and many vitamins. Think it falls into the borderline just under restricted, but at 3 net carbs for 24g of protein it's a really neat fix if you want something a little lighter than a chocolate shake! I'd be interested to know if anyone else has tried it and what our veteran IPers think of the nutritional information. Thanks.

EDIT: It's sucralose sweetened, like IP packets. Whey protein isolate, with short chain fructooligosaccharides, medium chain triglycerides and maltodextrin (this was my only point of concern).
Awesome about the weightloss starting back up again!

What is the brand name of the shake? And where did you find it? I'd be interested in trying it!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaN53 View Post
Good Afternoon,
I'm new to this site and new to Ideal Protein. I am very grateful for all of the good information and to have so many people to share this journey with.
Welcome! This is a great board! FULL of useful information and SO supportive!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #13  

SG: I wasn't on yesterday but WTG on the inches lost!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default IP Calcium-Magnesium Substitute?

Hi all -- Do any of you use a non-IP, easy-to-find Cal-Mag supplement that I can substitute for the one from the clinic? Time for a replacement bottle. Am especially looking for one I can find in a local store (not online) because am heading out of town soon. Thanks!

Last edited by Mimi47; 12-18-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I get a Cal mag supplement at the Vitamin Shoppe. It's ratio is 2 to 1. Brand is Solaray. If you don't have those near you, try GNC. Just take your old IP bottle in with you and they can help you find something similar.
Closed Thread