Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Down 1.5 @ WI .... Hello 225

Eating my salad now at my desk .. I have so much to do and the annoying agent that sits in the desk behind me just came in...Ugh there goes my quiet catch up afternoon....
Old 12-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/230/140

Height: 5'5" 38 y/o

Default Day One

Today is Day one for me on IP. So happy to find so much encouragement and information on these boards. I'm looking forward to losing a lot of weight with you all.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
CatLady....Don't stress about the up pounds. My weight can vary up to 3 lbs in one day depending on salt intake, TOM, the big C, etc. Just follow the P2 protocol. You will NOT gain fat on P2, as your calorie deficit is still quite high. For your height and weight, you will probably eventually be able to maintain at about 1800 calories. P2 should only be getting you to around 1100-1200 calories daily! It is important to slowly up your calories, as your metabolism has gotten used to the lower caloric intake of P1. Come over and visit the maintainers thread, there are several newly transitioning maintainers there as well!
Thanks evemomma! I know it in my head. Yesterday MFP had me at 942 cal. So I know it's a combination of factors. Keeping my goal in mind and will post in Maintainers as well. See ya there!
Old 12-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

WI today.............down 1.4!!!!! I can honestly say I have never lost weight over the Thanksgiving holiday before. Feels great!
Old 12-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Catlady: I completely understand where you are coming from. P1 is so controlled and all about losing the weight,then you move to P2 start adding more food, get on the scale and want to run back to P1. From my experience the first week on P2 was not scale friendly then in week 2 I ended up actually losing weight. I figure my body just needed time to adjust to the changes and it seems to do everything very slowly!! Guess that is why we have P2 and P3.
You will do great, just give your body a chance to catch up to the changes.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

AllMe Thanks for the input. That's what's so great about these boards. Someone somewhere has had the same experience no matter what it may be and can talk us down off the ledge.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

I haven't posted in a while, was away on the weekend and spent most of last week stressing about how and what I would eat while I was away as I was on my first week of P3.

I have to say I did have 2 drinks and a few cheats while away, but made sure to get my walking in and actually came home feeling quite good. Thought I would do a P1 day on Sunday but WI was good so did not. Then I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was up!! My body must be slow to react!!! I did do a P1 day yesterday and this morning WI was back to normal. Maybe it was just water, I still have so much to learn.

Congrats to everyone on your successes over the holiday weekend, and for those of you who slipped congrats on getting right back to it!
Old 12-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Lots of losses today, WTG!!

I'm curious if any of you use Fitbits? If so, any tips or tricks?
I got one over the holiday and so far I love it, especially the way it syncs back and forth with MFP.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #24  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post

I got one over the holiday and so far I love it, especially the way it syncs back and forth with MFP.
I had considered getting one, but didn't like that it didn't have a heart rate monitor. I want the Epson pulsense but it hasn't been released in Canada yet. As soon as it comes out here, it will be my gift to myself.

Edit: I actually checked Epson.ca and it is available to order from there! Now I'm uber excited!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 12-02-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post

I love my Fitbit, have had it for almost a year! I use mine for not only tracking steps (I have the Flex) but also as an alarm throughout the day for various things.

I guess the only tip is - keep walking

Jo
Old 12-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Day 2 and I feel like I've been doing this for a week or more. Barely got all my water in today. Asked my daughter to pick up some broccoli slaw over the weekend and just discovered it had some shredded carrot in it. Picked most of it out of the measuring cup before combining it with kale and mushrooms in an oil-less stir-fry. Got my oil in today by adding it to the dish after cooking. Fixed enough for lunch tomorrow, too. Combined it with grilled chicken breast, some Walden Farms Asian dressing and fresh lime juice. Really tasty! Feeling impatient. :-(

Congratulations to all of you working hard and hanging in there. You are an inspiration to me!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #27  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone....

WI for me today at 10:30! Feeling good about it since I got a sneak peak at the Dr. Yesterday. Lol

Cannot believe that it's December and the year is almost over. It's funny how when I started late June / early July I thought that first week I would never make it thru....then I talked myself into sticking it out for 20lbs....now the year is almost over 54 lbs down and feeling great and also feeling like I never want to eat the old way again.... . Love IP and the support from this group....this is what has gotten me thru and made time fly.

Here's to a good December everyone...let's end this year on a positive note.
Way to go!!! That's another scale victory for the July Starters!!!!
So happy for you!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #28  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
... You will be starting this new year in such a different place than last year. What an accomplishment!
Oh evemomma!!!! What a great thought for many of us, I am sure - comparing how we feel going into the new year of 2015 vs. how we felt this time last year....

Last year during the holidays I was totally miserable. I had lost the same 20 lbs 3 times in 2013, and regained the same 20, plus more, each time. I entered 2013 just unable to get on an even keel long enough to try again. I was hiding out in my house - unwilling to go anywhere but my office to work. I stopped my favorite activity - dancing - not able to bear having people see me at my all-time-high weight that was continuing to escalate.

It wasn't until June this year when I met for lunch with an old friend whom I had not seen for 7 or 8 months - he had started IP in March and had lost 40 lbs. He inspired me, and here I am today, bordering on having lost 50 lbs since I began in early July.

I have a whole new outlook as this year draws to an end and I look forward to 2015 - feeling so much better physically, so much healthier, able to do so much more, and I am confident that I can make it to goal. Depression is no longer my daily companion. I have returned to some dancing. And I am getting back into some formerly favorite clothes, enjoying getting dressed to go out of the house.

Thanks for reminding me to look at how far I have come, evemomma! You have made my day, big time!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Day 2 and I feel like I've been doing this for a week or more. Barely got all my water in today. Asked my daughter to pick up some broccoli slaw over the weekend and just discovered it had some shredded carrot in it. Picked most of it out of the measuring cup before combining it with kale and mushrooms in an oil-less stir-fry. Got my oil in today by adding it to the dish after cooking. Fixed enough for lunch tomorrow, too. Combined it with grilled chicken breast, some Walden Farms Asian dressing and fresh lime juice. Really tasty! Feeling impatient. :-(

Congratulations to all of you working hard and hanging in there. You are an inspiration to me!
Broccoli slaw is great with Bragg's Aminos or soy sauce and Franks hot sauce (regular or chili lime - not the Buffalo chicken flavour though because it's got extra fat - the others don't) You can use your oil for a stir fry if you wish too. Don't forget your green onions which you can use in the stir fry instead of regular onion which isn't supposed to be cooked.
Yummy. I lived on stir fry in P1. Hah, still do.

Liana
Old 12-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #30  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Oh evemomma!!!! What a great thought for many of us, I am sure - comparing how we feel going into the new year of 2015 vs. how we felt this time last year....

Last year during the holidays I was totally miserable. I had lost the same 20 lbs 3 times in 2013, and regained the same 20, plus more, each time. I entered 2013 just unable to get on an even keel long enough to try again. I was hiding out in my house - unwilling to go anywhere but my office to work. I stopped my favorite activity - dancing - not able to bear having people see me at my all-time-high weight that was continuing to escalate.

It wasn't until June this year when I met for lunch with an old friend whom I had not seen for 7 or 8 months - he had started IP in March and had lost 40 lbs. He inspired me, and here I am today, bordering on having lost 50 lbs since I began in early July.

I have a whole new outlook as this year draws to an end and I look forward to 2015 - feeling so much better physically, so much healthier, able to do so much more, and I am confident that I can make it to goal. Depression is no longer my daily companion. I have returned to some dancing. And I am getting back into some formerly favorite clothes, enjoying getting dressed to go out of the house.

Thanks for reminding me to look at how far I have come, evemomma! You have made my day, big time!!!
You have done such a great job with a ray of light attitude! I see it every time you post! I'm so happy for you!!!! I was at my lowest self-esteem and highest weight last winter also. So thankful to be free of those 45 lbs that just weighed done my soul!!!!! Cheers to us!
Closed Thread