Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #31  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
Hi all, so good to hear about your successes on and off the scale! I am checking back in after several weeks of a complete set back during which I regained nearly all of what it took me 7 weeks of IP to lose. Ugh. Very discouraging, but the longer I choose to stay off course, the more I will continue to gain, so I am trying again - getting back to the tools that helped initially like this board, the Beck book, etc. The minute I stopped using those tools, it became all too easy to go back to my unhealthy food behaviors.

Scorpio, so sorry for your loss. This is a great board to get all the support you need as you start your IP journey!

Lucy
Thank you so much for the kind words

Glad you are here - you will do great!!
Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #32  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but if you guys are starting your day early why don't you try adding 2 egg whites and lots of free veggies like cucumber (i eat 4-5 with salt n cayenne),mushroom and lettuce. I don't wake up early, but i sleep very late!! so my days are long too. I just add egg whites, and cukes, mushrooms and 1 bunch of TJ romaine lettuce. I don't feel hungry and it gives me more fibre Only during my TOMs do i eat an extra quest bar or half a quest bar because i think my body needs more calories during TOMS and it helps me stay sane. You will have to experiment with it i guess. Now I will let the IP veterans chime in
Congrats on all NSV and WI!!! Lets burn that fat team!! clap clap clap!!

Last edited by Aria05; 11-23-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #33  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
So, I had my weigh in at my clinic yesterday after not going for 3 1/2 weeks. During that time, I saw from my home scale that I stalled for 2+ weeks but that included my TOM. THen I had a big whoosh and went down 4 pounds. According to my clinic, I was down 5 pounds over 3 weeks but I gained very slightly in fat and/or stayed the same muscle to fat. So, they asked me what was going on and I did have some very very early mornings during this period with the time change and a new job. So, here's the question, my coach told me if I continue to get up early like that to add in another IP meal so that I don't go into "starvation" mode and she told me to make sure I have protein every 4 hours. I guess it makes sense but seems so counter-intuitive. She really thought I should have lost more during this time (and I was fine with it because I knew I didn't cheat and have had plateaus with other diets). Have you all been instructed to do the same? I'm game to try eating more to lose more!
Congrats on the losses! 5 pounds over 3 weeks not a bad loss - some weeks are better than others and sometimes the losses slow down for no apparent reason and then pick up again. When losing, I would go two or three weeks and then a big loss. Did they measure you and did you lose inches?

As far as the fat/muscle ratio - remember that 1) the scales used to measure the ratio aren't necessarily totally accurate; and 2) muscle includes everything that isn't fat - so water, organs, blood, connective tissue, etc. are all included. Depending on when you weighed, you could be more or less dehydrated which would throw off the numbers. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in those numbers.

I think "starvation mode" as your coach is using the term doesn't really exist (and this is my opinion from what I have researched). Your metabolism will adapt to a lower amount of calories over time, but not to the point that you will quit losing weight and not in a period of hours. As long as you are feeling good I wouldn't add anything except the free veggies if you are hungry. I assume you are getting all your water, oil, salt, etc. in. I'm regularly up at 4 a.m. and not in bed until 9 or 10 at night and was the whole time I was losing, was never a problem. As suggested, if you want you could split up your animal protein between lunch and dinner if you want.

Sounds like you have a good handle on how losses can slow for no apparent reason and as long as the scale is going down you are good!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #34  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Delgen/ Cindy,

Thank you for your kind thoughts, and congratulations for staying OP during your party!
My weight loss has cycled through more loss and less loss, it has never stayed the same week to week, so perhaps you are in a "less loss" mode and will jump back up to "more loss" next!

We are in the same place so let's keep each other motivated!

Everyone else--congrats on your various victories.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Wow -- way to go, Delgen! Tailgating food would be very tempting to me, so great job staying away from it. And yea, shrinkingsusie, for not giving in to those tarts.

Congratulations, CenTXchk, on your milestone! princess -- I agree. It's all about the jeans

Nice whoosh, Pinky. I used to be a Cookie Mom back in the day -- and I was very talented at making an entire box of Thin Mints disappear when everyone else had gone to bed at night!

Lucy -- sorry you got discouraged, but being back on this board seems to be the best first step to progress, from what I can tell.

I just went through all of Rainbow's recipes and am just amazed! And very appreciative that she took the time to do post them all and that Molly took the time to organize. In fact, maybe the links to the google docs should be on the first post of each daily chat??
Old 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #36  

Two quick questions:
-- Has anyone found WF caramel sauce and pancake syrup in a store in the Midatlantic area?
-- When one grates cauliflower to make "rice," how long can that keep in fridge? Can you freeze it? I was planning to try grating using my food processor, in case that matters.
TIA!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #37  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Two quick questions:
-- Has anyone found WF caramel sauce and pancake syrup in a store in the Midatlantic area?
-- When one grates cauliflower to make "rice," how long can that keep in fridge? Can you freeze it? I was planning to try grating using my food processor, in case that matters.
TIA!
I have successfully frozen cauliflower rice in the past in one cup portions.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
sgrealtor1
Almost all of my transition clothes came from resale shops. We have several in town that are a bit higher-end and aren't as jumbled as a goodwill.

I got great clothes at even greater prices!
I wish there was a second hand store around.....but other than goodwill I have yet to find one....so I wait till I get a good coupon ans shop the sale racks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
A NSV for me yesterday.

I am not one to advertize my IP journey. I think, for me, it is very personal, and not many people know what I am doing.

So yesterday we had a houseful for a college football game, all all the things that go with that...Like a tailgate only warm!

Lots of chips, food, candy, beer, cheese...All right in front of me and God and everyone.

Drank my entire 64 oz of water during the game!

And I was unable to eat from 10:30 that morning until 9:00 that night. I don't recommend that for anyone...But I did it, and was able to stay 100% the entire time.

That for me is a huge victory!

Now...I deserve a SCALE victory since I have been stalled for a week!

Great job staying away from the food

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
So, I had my weigh in at my clinic yesterday after not going for 3 1/2 weeks. During that time, I saw from my home scale that I stalled for 2+ weeks but that included my TOM. THen I had a big whoosh and went down 4 pounds. According to my clinic, I was down 5 pounds over 3 weeks but I gained very slightly in fat and/or stayed the same muscle to fat. So, they asked me what was going on and I did have some very very early mornings during this period with the time change and a new job. So, here's the question, my coach told me if I continue to get up early like that to add in another IP meal so that I don't go into "starvation" mode and she told me to make sure I have protein every 4 hours. I guess it makes sense but seems so counter-intuitive. She really thought I should have lost more during this time (and I was fine with it because I knew I didn't cheat and have had plateaus with other diets). Have you all been instructed to do the same? I'm game to try eating more to lose more!
So my clinic last week put me on 5 packets a day since 3x a week my days now start at 4:30am with hockey practice for my son. She worked up a whole schedule of times to eat for me on hockey practice days. I didn't have to drive last week ( we swap with a neighbor), so this week will be my first time on the extra pack..practice is mon- wed am....

Roast beef in the oven for dinner tonight....smells so yummy!
Old 11-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #39  
Third time's the charm!

Just finished dinner... Mixed veggies sautéed with lots of garlic, and home made meatballs with spinach instead of breadcrumbs. Delicious!

I made enough for leftovers for tomorrow, as we are having a "spa day" tomorrow as our work Christmas party. Start with a 9am massage followed by a day of relaxing, hot tub, steam room, afternoon tea... I can't wait. I am slightly worried about the provided lunch, but figure since it is a high end spa, there will be lots of vegetables and salad. I will bring some celery sticks in my purse with my shake just in case.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #40  

thank you, susie -- i assume you freeze before cooking it at all?
Old 11-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/181/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuba View Post
This message is for "Ellenbgood" in response re: The Villages FL Clinic from Thursday:
Hi, I just wanted to respond to your message on the other day's board. I am going to the Villages for Ideal protein and YES it's not very good. As a stand alone for support, It would be tough to be inspired at all. Little to no information. Not even much of the packets in stock, I have turned to some alternative foods with the same nutritional value when they don't have what i need . I will continue to go in and weigh in once a week but try not to get a conversation going as my coach doesn't know anything about "really"what it's like to be on this diet. At least now I know it's not just me. I do think she is a nice person, but I didn't go there looking for a new best friend, what I need I get here and from another of my friends who did IP recently and is in maintenance. Keep up the work, it does pay off physically and mentally!!! It really isn't that hard either, being stubborn about not cheating even when everyone is eating birthday cake and your having a decaf coffee, smile....your going to LOVE yourself in the morning!!! Liuba
Wow, ditto too everything you wrote and Exactly on same page as well. I agree its not that difficult of a weight loss plan. Looking forward too loosing my next 25 lbs.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #42  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
thank you, susie -- i assume you freeze before cooking it at all?
Yup.
Closed Thread