Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #61  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm so with you OhZoe! I only eat unrestrictive items because I just don't trust myself with wafers, cookies and bars. When I was trying to eat low carb, high fat...I had such control issues. Even Quest bars would set off a beast in me and I remember eating THREE at a time!!

Now that I just finished my 7th week on IP...(now on alternative foods) That monster within has settled down...and I don't want to wake her up!

My cravings and binges just about drove me nuts. I don't understand how I could eat and eat and never feel satisfied...but DRIVEN to eat more.

Right now I don't miss the sweets and starchy foods...but I never know what will awake that appetite...so I feel like I have to stay on guard at all time!

But I'm hoping IP is resetting what ever is in my body and helping me. So far it sure has been different from any other plan I've tried... I remember eating the little chocolate drops for dessert on Jenny Craig, and wanting more SO BADLY...and feeling so deprived. A little taste just doesn't do me!

Anyway, I just wanted to say I can relate to your lemon wafer experience!
According to my sheet, the Lemon Wafers are a non-restricted food. And I too LOVE them. They have become my everyday snack after dinner.

Andi

Old 10-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #62  

okay, i just had my first lemon waffer bar...i now see why these restricted treats have a love/hate reputation...dangerously good.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #63  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the responses everyone! I forgot how supportive all you folks are! So glad to be back! <3
Old 10-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Ok ladies, ive tried changing my profile picture like 50 times and it wont let me!!!!! Ive changed the file size, picture size and it still says it wont upload........HELP
Old 10-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #65  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Ok ladies, ive tried changing my profile picture like 50 times and it wont let me!!!!! Ive changed the file size, picture size and it still says it wont upload........HELP
It's a dog now ... so it worked?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #66  

I had to use a avatar. I was trying to change it to a new picture of me
Old 10-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Had a dentist apt today, my bottom teeth have been killing me. Dr said I have been clenching my teeth at night....so I had to have two teeth grinded down Am I the only person that leaves the dentist hurting worse than when I went in???

On a good note, my scale at home shows it going down so that's exciting!!!
What, ShelbyLynn8?! They grind down teeth you are already grinding??? I could only see that if you had sharp edges that might cut your cheeks or lips. My dentist has wanted to make a mouth guard for me for years so that my teeth are protected from clenching at night. But because of TMJ issues I have to go to the orthodontist on the 28th and he will see if they can make a jaw splint for me instead so my jaw stays open & aligned during the night. Who knows how much this will cost . My dentist said it was only about a 60% chance that the mouth guard that he wanted to make me would help, so I decided at that time I didn't want to spend the extra $450 or so (4 years ago).
I hope you get some relief within the next week or so.
Nice autumn picture btw.
Liana
Old 10-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
What, ShelbyLynn8?! They grind down teeth you are already grinding??? I could only see that if you had sharp edges that might cut your cheeks or lips. My dentist has wanted to make a mouth guard for me for years so that my teeth are protected from clenching at night. But because of TMJ issues I have to go to the orthodontist on the 28th and he will see if they can make a jaw splint for me instead so my jaw stays open & aligned during the night. Who knows how much this will cost . My dentist said it was only about a 60% chance that the mouth guard that he wanted to make me would help, so I decided at that time I didn't want to spend the extra $450 or so (4 years ago).
I hope you get some relief within the next week or so.
Nice autumn picture btw.
Liana

Im not really grinding them at night, just clenching them. The DR mentioned a mouth guard too, but those run $300+.... My sister has problems with TMJ so I know your pain!! I tried a autumn photo but it said it didn't upload, can you see it as my new picture?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #69  

I figured it out hahah I had a dumb moment......
Old 10-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #70  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the comments and compliments everyone and the sharing. I really love this community.

Shelby - You look FABulous in your new profile pic!!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #71  

Kissi Can you tell ive lost 25 pounds in my face hahahah?!

People are so funny when they ask if you've lost weight, and you tell them yeah thanks I've lost 25, and they reply yeah I can tell in your face.......It's like REALLY.....My face lost 25 pounds...hahahah cracks me up every time.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #72  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Kissi Can you tell ive lost 25 pounds in my face hahahah?!

People are so funny when they ask if you've lost weight, and you tell them yeah thanks I've lost 25, and they reply yeah I can tell in your face.......It's like REALLY.....My face lost 25 pounds...hahahah cracks me up every time.
Haha. You can definitely tell in your face. I get those same types of comments, I still have some filled in cheeks though and looking at photos from when I was younger, I don't see that changing.

My sister weighs in with me on Friday mornings. I'm pretty much her coach and she is doing alternatives (with information that I got from here). I'm really hoping she hits 40 lbs lost tomorrow. She was at 38 last Friday. It's nice to have a buddy going through the same things on P1 and being able to relate. That's one reason why I enjoy this board so much.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #73  

That's so fun, being able to share your experience with a sibling. Ive been trying to get my sister to start an alternative plan. I even printed out all the info and tips for her, and she just wont start it....I guess some people have to get they're minds in the right place. But that's awesome that your sisters been following your advice, and is close to 40lbs gone!!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #74  

Height: 5'5"

Shelbylynne8, I'm with you. My sister could really use this program but she has not reached rock bottom (like I did) . I'm hoping that she will see my losses and be inspired to try. The hard part is that she is a nurse and she knows the health outcome of being severely overweight. All I can do is work the program for myself but I REALLY hope she gets interested ��
Old 10-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #75  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Lol. I really started something when I mentioned those dreaded Lemon Wafers! I have bee beating them since I started in June...but last night I couldn't control myself. I know it was because I didn't have a satisfying dinner....and was bored.
Andi - Lemon wafers are restricted unless something has changed.

Everyone's photos are fabulous!! At WI today I took a new photo to compare to my before photo. I could FINALLY see the 40 lbs that I have lost. I know I lost them because I've bought smaller clothes but it is hard to "see" it...like so many of you have already said.
Closed Thread