Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community weekend Chat Sat 10/4 - Sun 10/5/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Saturday I peeps!!! it's a gorgeous day here!!! Windows open!! Well, yesterday I was Starving! DH and I went to the store and I was feeling deprived (lol) as I was looking at the pastries, I'm usually not tempted, and then I remembered that the last time I was having a hungry day I had whoosh on the scale the next day, so this morning I weighed and I'm down 4 lbs since Tuesday!! (Of course that's not official) but realizing that a loss usually follows the hungries helps me push through it.

Time to get my house cleaning on!!
Old 10-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ya'll!

Kellyc14: 4 lbs..Awesome.

My WI today: Down another 1.5! But WOW! Only 3 lbs to my first goal. I can't believe I'm this close.

Last edited by catlady1981; 10-04-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning! Congrats, catlady, almost there! And Kelly, wtg resisting the hungries. It really does pay off!

I'm pretty ecstatic this morning. I weigh myself daily as well, started to during my last 20 pounds so I could see how the weight comes off (usually in the span of two days during the week). My unofficial WI this morning had me at 165.8. So close! Can't count it until Tuesday, but I'm happy!

Also celebrating this weekend as I was offered a new position at my company on Friday. It's very different work from what I have been doing, but it will be a great opportunity and let me flex a different part of my brain. Hoping to go out for a hike today and catch some of the early fall colors, and then possibly a bonfire tonight if the wind dies down. Tomorrow will be a sports double header with football at 1 and then O's first pitch at 3:30 at my parents. Having OP turkey meatballs and going to take a veggie tray.

So nice to have my weekends to myself now, as the last two were consumed by volunteer commitments and applying for this job. Who knows, maybe the decreased stress level will help me woosh past 165. Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 10-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Happy Saturday I peeps!!! it's a gorgeous day here!!! Windows open!! Well, yesterday I was Starving! DH and I went to the store and I was feeling deprived (lol) as I was looking at the pastries, I'm usually not tempted, and then I remembered that the last time I was having a hungry day I had whoosh on the scale the next day, so this morning I weighed and I'm down 4 lbs since Tuesday!! (Of course that's not official) but realizing that a loss usually follows the hungries helps me push through it.

Time to get my house cleaning on!!
Nice loss, Kelly! I think we all jump on the scales just to keep an eye on when we're losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Good morning ya'll!

My WI today: Down another 1.5! Since the 3FC ticker only does whole numbers it shows 2 lbs to goal but it's really 3 since I'm at 152.9. But WOW! Only 3 lbs to my first goal. I can't believe I'm this close.
Congrats catlady, Slow and steady will get you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Morning!
I'm pretty ecstatic this morning. I weigh myself daily as well, started to during my last 20 pounds so I could see how the weight comes off (usually in the span of two days during the week). My unofficial WI this morning had me at 165.8. So close! Can't count it until Tuesday, but I'm happy!

Also celebrating this weekend as I was offered a new position at my company on Friday. It's very different work from what I have been doing, but it will be a great opportunity and let me flex a different part of my brain. Hoping to go out for a hike today and catch some of the early fall colors, and then possibly a bonfire tonight if the wind dies down. Tomorrow will be a sports double header with football at 1 and then O's first pitch at 3:30 at my parents. Having OP turkey meatballs and going to take a veggie tray.

So nice to have my weekends to myself now, as the last two were consumed by volunteer commitments and applying for this job. Who knows, maybe the decreased stress level will help me woosh past 165. Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Oh wow, good loss and a great job opportunity that offers you growth. What a beautiful start to the weekend. So happy for you.

9am and I've already been for my 3 mile walk. The benefit of having cats is that they don't let you sleep in!

Have a great weekend Everyone. Plan for your outings and stay focused.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

NSV I don't know if you ladies have done this, but this morning I was craving hot cocoa so I put one of my chocolate RTD shakes in a mug and microwaved it. Wahhhhh instant hot cocoa!!!
Old 10-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yaaay, Kelly and Andrea on the weigh ins!!
And Posh, I bet the drop came from less stress after your new job announcement!! Wow, that's exciting, trying your hand at new stuff!

Today is day two in the vineyard, yesterday we were picking Gewurtztraminer, my favorite white... today who knows? possibly more of the same.

On the down side... My mom was finally diagnosed with dementia - beginning stages, which was very hard for her to hear. Dad & I were quite certain but the doctor hadn't seen her on her bad days so it took a few months longer than expected. She is to be scheduled for an MRI to diagnose which kind of dementia, as some are fairly treatable and others are not.
I am up 3 lbs from my 'happy weight' still in my maintenance range though. I think it's due to stress and TOM - hopefully within a week I will be back down again...

Liana
Old 10-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #8  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Wahoo, I'm only overweight now!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Goal: 150

Height: 5'8"

Hi there!
I was looking for alternative products and wanted to see everyone's thoughts on if this may work as an alternative. It's a low carb bread product with 12g protein, 2 net carbs, 160 cal (a little high), low in fat.
Here's the link to Netrition info about it. I'd love to hear thoughts. I was thinking this may go great with a veggie soup or salad.

http://www6.netrition.com/glc_bread_...n_pockets.html

Last edited by Kdmom2; 10-04-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdmom2 View Post
Hi there!
I was looking for alternative products and wanted to see everyone's thoughts on if this may work as an alternative. It's a low carb bread product with 12g protein, 2 net carbs, 160 cal (a little high), low in fat.
Here's the link to Netrition info about it. I'd love to hear thoughts. I was thinking this may go great with a veggie soup or salad. http://http://www6.netrition.com/glc...n_pockets.html
It wouldn't lnk for me, but even so...when choosing alternatives, it is important to stay with the same things that are acceptable on IP, and bread items are not.

Last edited by JLUS; 10-04-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #11  

I fixed the link - sorry. New to this!
Anyways, I get the idea of similar "things", and regular bread is not allowed. But, if the macros fit, why wouldn't this work? If you read the ingredients to some IP products there are things like cream and sugar which aren't allowed either. I'm not trying to be combative at all, just trying to understand.
I do realize that this product is a bit high in calories (160) and low in protein (12g which could easily be supplemented with the addition of an egg white). But, in general, items like this are interesting to me but I still want to stay OP. Just trying to look for more "real food" like items this which could add to my variety and stay within plan.
Thanks - would love input!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdmom2 View Post
Hi there!
Here's the link to Netrition info about it. I'd love to hear thoughts. I was thinking this may go great with a veggie soup or salad.

http://www6.netrition.com/glc_bread_...n_pockets.html
I would be leery of it for a few reasons. For one, it's lower in protein. The products that work well within IP's guidelines have at least 15g protein. I have done alternatives for quite a while, and found I was more hungry when I tried to use products with lower protein content. For another, the protein in it comes from Wheat Protein Isolate - which is known in fitness circles for being a pretty low quality protein in terms of how much the body actually utilizes and the amino acids in its makeup. IP (and comparable alternative) products are generally whey or soy protein. The protein we are taking in on IP is what helps preserve as much muscle as we can while we are losing weight, so quality counts.

I have yet to hear of one of these really low carb bread products actually being any good taste-wise. Words like "cardboard" and "dish sponge" are a few that I've heard to describe the taste and texture of uber-low-carb breads.

To speak to the previous poster, things like crackers, granola bars and pancakes aren't on IP's plan either, EXCEPT when they are in the form of a high-protein, low carb product (i.e. IP and others make pancake products, cheddar crisps, crunchy bars, etc). What I would be more concerned with is the low protein content and the source of that protein.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Good morning ya'll!

Kellyc14: 4 lbs..Awesome.

My WI today: Down another 1.5! Since the 3FC ticker only does whole numbers it shows 2 lbs to goal but it's really 3 since I'm at 152.9. But WOW! Only 3 lbs to my first goal. I can't believe I'm this close.
Congrats on being so close to your first goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Morning! Congrats, catlady, almost there! And Kelly, wtg resisting the hungries. It really does pay off!

You have great things to celebrate and since I'm superstitious and believe good things happen in 3's, be on the lookout for something else wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Wahoo, I'm only overweight now!
Fabulous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I would be leery of it for a few reasons. For one, it's lower in protein. The products that work well within IP's guidelines have at least 15g protein. I have done alternatives for quite a while, and found I was more hungry when I tried to use products with lower protein content. For another, the protein in it comes from Wheat Protein Isolate - which is known in fitness circles for being a pretty low quality protein in terms of how much the body actually utilizes and the amino acids in its makeup. IP (and comparable alternative) products are generally whey or soy protein. The protein we are taking in on IP is what helps preserve as much muscle as we can while we are losing weight, so quality counts.

I have yet to hear of one of these really low carb bread products actually being any good taste-wise. Words like "cardboard" and "dish sponge" are a few that I've heard to describe the taste and texture of uber-low-carb breads.

To speak to the previous poster, things like crackers, granola bars and pancakes aren't on IP's plan either, EXCEPT when they are in the form of a high-protein, low carb product (i.e. IP and others make pancake products, cheddar crisps, crunchy bars, etc). What I would be more concerned with is the low protein content and the source of that protein.
Scorbett,
Agree with you, excellent analysis.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #14  

Makes sense about the protein quality. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Pishposh - on the new position. When does it start? You are having a great start to October, new position and so close to your goal.

Kelly and Catlady on your great WIs.

Liana- that is difficult about your mom. I imagine it must add stress and worry for your dad and you. I hope that her diagnosis is one that treatable, or a least can slow the progression.
On a lighter note, enjoy the grape picking.

Had a long run this morning, 16km, started out a little cool but warmed up. Did phase 1 day to reset post TOM but other than that been maintaining fairy well doing P3 for the most part. I a bowl of oatmeal and mango RTD before run and then add an extra snack in the day to make up for the exercise which is much needed.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Closed Thread