Old 12-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #31  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Anyone interested in forming an IP group for a diet bet? Or just teaming up on joining one of the existing diet bets?

I did this last year January to June Transformer - paid in $125 up front and received $261 when the challenge ended in June -- only had to lose 10 percent of weight over the 6 months - and I lost more of course, and met the monthly goals with no problem on IP.

I could have made a lot more money if I had joined monthly diet bets over that same period - that is how people really up their winnings.

I found that the need to meet the monthly goals was a good incentive during the last 5 months that I was strictly on IP heading for my goal. By then my own losses had slowed in comparison with the first 5or 6 months on IP, so that extra incentive was really helpful. P1 does get to be tiresome for those who have more than 50 lbs to lose, and when losses slow, it's easy to think of having forbidden foods that will compromise results.

Lemme know if you are interested in connecting and joining a diet bet - I would like to do it, but I want some company this time. They have a sort of chat feed within the group who have signed for a given challenge, but it's not as personally rewarding as the connections we make here on 3FC.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #32  

I just heard about Diet Bet for the first time within the past couple of weeks. This is something I am definitely interested in doing. I am just starting out with IP so I figure I can put my big initial losses to good use!
sljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #33  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljumper View Post
I just heard about Diet Bet for the first time within the past couple of weeks. This is something I am definitely interested in doing. I am just starting out with IP so I figure I can put my big initial losses to good use!
A first time IPeep should do great with diet bet - I did it last year after I lost the first 50 lbs so it was a bit more challenging with each passing month.

But the first few months on IP should be a piece of cake to meet diet bet required losses each month.

Go for it - we had no one else indicate interest, and now I have launched the 12 week challenge (25lbs to Spring 2016) that involves no money. You can join it too!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote