Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
I'm also reading ahead into Phase 2-4 which scares me a little as it seems so complicated. But, since I've always gained back after maintaining for awhile I figure I have to try something new. Or realize that I have to have tools to not let the weight creep back on without catching it sooner.
You got it exactly, Shasta! This is actually the main part of the eating plan if you ask me, because we will be in it much longer than we were in the weight loss phase, lol. Most people can actually lose weight with almost any plan, it's the next part of the contract with your body that has to be negotiated...
It's a very smart idea to look into a bit of brain retraining via Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - you can do it yourself with The Beck Diet Solution - many here are going through the exercises in the book. Another one is Refuse to Regain, and another is Think Thin, Be Thin - 101 Psychological Ways to Lose Weight. Our association with emotions and food is the main problem with keeping the weight off.

Don't forget to join the rest of us as well on the daily chat board for further encouragement from those just starting to those that have been in maintenance for a while now.

Liana
Old 10-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
It's a very smart idea to look into a bit of brain retraining via Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - you can do it yourself with The Beck Diet Solution - many here are going through the exercises in the book. Another one is Refuse to Regain, and another is Think Thin, Be Thin - 101 Psychological Ways to Lose Weight. Our association with emotions and food is the main problem with keeping the weight off.

Don't forget to join the rest of us as well on the daily chat board for further encouragement from those just starting to those that have been in maintenance for a while now.

Liana
Liana - Thank you for the book suggestions. I will definitely read them. Also, thank you to you and other veterans for all your posts, suggestions, and wisdom. I am finding this site so helpful and frankly more informative then my coach who is very nice but I keep surprising her with all my different suggestions or ideas that are mostly inspired from things I've read on this forum.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #18  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Some of the June, July, August and September 2014 Starters are forming a new thread - Summer 2014 Starters Put Spring in their Step in March.

A few of the late June Starters and some September newbies have already been dropping in with July and August -- please come participate in our determined little group!

We are looking to reach goal, phase off of P1, and work together on maintenance. Hopefully - we can support each other and do this as successfully as we are achieving our weight loss in P1.

We think we might keep ourselves engaged in the effort by working together here on 3FC -- We'd like to start a new thread with a common interest focus each month... The starters from October November 2013 have been doing this with great success, proving that there is value in our ability to support one another.

Come join us -- we would love to have your ideas and would like to share best practices and lessons learned!!

Closed Thread