Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #61  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm actually not hungry, unless it's meal time. Thanks for the info. I was just worried that I could be slowing my losses by not eating enough packets!!
I saw the losses you recorded in your signature - I wouldn't worry at all about slowing your losses! You look like you have fallen into the same pattern I did - a WHOOSH followed by a couple of weeks of lower losses. It's pretty normal, the body has to normalize along the way especially after a big drop Keep up the awesome work!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

oh my gosh I don't think I can keep my eyes open for another 45 mins!!!!!! please let me vent so I can stay awake!!! I am like a walking zombie right now. I posted a few weeks back that my neighbor in the condo next to me caught her kitchen on fire at 5am while frying pickles..... sweet girl, she really is.... well she moved into the condo on the other side of me and she is driving me insane!!! She is up at 3am slamming kitchen cabinets, doors, etc...I don't know what the heck she is doing! Well she woke me up last night from a sound sleep at 3am and made a racket until 4am, each time I thought she was finished and would start drifting back off to sleep she'd slam another cabinet (I guess that's what she's doing?) I finally got up and banged on the wall three times really hard, I thought I broke my hand! Well needless to say I didn't hear a peep out of her after that.

Hopefully she will be more considerate now that she knows I can hear her? I hope so anyway. If not I guess I will have to go talk to her, I really don't like confrontation...but in all honesty she probably has no idea that she's waking me up.

I never heard the people that lived for the previous year, not a peep!

I don't know, but I stay tired enough on IP, I don't need a lack of sleep to add to it.

Thanks for letting me vent!! 30 more mins and I can go home. And I have a nice surprise waiting for me, my youngest son is in town yay!! I haven't seen him since Easter (he lives in Texas) and miss him terribly.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Okay, I'm going to get (TOM) cranky here! For those of you 'just' losing 1 lb a week... puleeeze. Go to your fridge, open the door and look at the pound of butter sitting in it (assuming you have family members using it). You are losing this every week. Quit obsessing about the scale oz. Just follow the plan as simply as you can and QUIT WITH THE TWEAKING!! Your inches will come down, your energy levels will change, your need for any meds might change, etc! People are forgetting to look at their NSV's (& I don't mean those sideways compliments you get from others). Become more aware of what else is happening to your body...

*Deep breath here*
I feel a bit better now, hope I made you think, and hope you don't think I'm a b!tch, cause really I'm not (well, just for a week every month or so.)

Liana
Old 09-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Okay, I'm going to get (TOM) cranky here! For those of you 'just' losing 1 lb a week... puleeeze. Go to your fridge, open the door and look at the pound of butter sitting in it (assuming you have family members using it). You are losing this every week. Quit obsessing about the scale oz. Just follow the plan as simply as you can and QUIT WITH THE TWEAKING!! Your inches will come down, your energy levels will change, your need for any meds might change, etc! People are forgetting to look at their NSV's (& I don't mean those sideways compliments you get from others). Become more aware of what else is happening to your body...

*Deep breath here*
I feel a bit better now, hope I made you think, and hope you don't think I'm a b!tch, cause really I'm not (well, just for a week every month or so.)

Liana
LIKE!!!
Thank you!!!
Agree wholeheartedly!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Morning everyone. Yesterday was my 6th WI and I am thrilled to be down 14lbs!! Not quite as excited about feeling parts of myself jiggling
The one thing that I find I struggle with is getting dinner on the table. I basically end up cooking twice. I do this in an attempt to keep my 2 cup veggie portion separate. Like when I make a stir fry, or simply steam cauliflower & broccoli. Yesterday I made ground chicken with 2 cups of veg, which included some marinara sauce that I made (so no sugar). I had weighed the chicken and cooked all of it in one pan then separated what I needed to have. Then I sauteed my veg and sauce and added back in my portion of chicken. I then did the same for hubby while his pasta was cooking. I am making dinner like this most nights and am getting a bit concerned because I start back to work next week and I work evenings. How do you guys manage cooking for yourself and your family?

Oh my!!! I could not keep up with that pace! I simply told my family...YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN! My hubby knows I need to focus on ME and get this weight off. We always put our family 1st. It's our turn!!!!...lol!!!
Maybe he can do some of the cooking. Maybe pick days out the week when he is responsible for the family. I'm not sure if you have little ones. My children our old enough to cook their own meals. However, they take turns amongst themselves.
You can also make meals to last a couple of days. When I was on another plan. I would prep my meals on Saturday or Sunday. I made enough to last me the entire week.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #66  

Quote:

*Deep breath here*

Liana
Thank you Liana!! I think that it gets discouraging when you have a big loss followed by small losses. I do realize how crazy that is!! and over all I am very happy with my losses!!! patience is not my strong point. LOL And I have had great NSV's, especially last week, even though I "only" lost one pound, I now fit in a pair of jeans that haven't fit me in 5 years!!!
SO keep the constructive criticism? pep talks? reality? whatever you would call it coming!!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

WHOOO HOOO for the 5 year old jeans, Kelly!! WTG! Time for some new skinnies, lol.

Liana
Old 09-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #68  

Quote:
WHOOO HOOO for the 5 year old jeans, Kelly!! WTG! Time for some new skinnies, lol.

Liana
LOL Thank you! Sad part is that they are out of style now. LOL It's OK though, they won't fit me for long anyway!!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Kelly Thankfully, my hubby eats what I do as well, and like you I simply add a starch to his. The issue I am having is portion. When I cook his and mine together (without the starch added) like in a chicken stir fry, how do I know I am getting the proper portion of meat and veg? Thanks for the kudoos on my losses so far!
jemma I too love the bbq, we use it all year! Good for you for not being tempted by the aromas coming from what else you are preparing for dinner. Not sure what a tri tip is though.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #70  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
LOL Thank you! Sad part is that they are out of style now. LOL It's OK though, they won't fit me for long anyway!!
I remember when I lost the first time I found myself going through clothes like crazy. Fortunately this time as the weight comes off again I can just go shopping in my own closet. Enjoy the jeans, out of style or not!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #71  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
OMG you literally made me LOL (laugh out loud!! ) OMG seriously, I am sitting here cracking up!!! Don't worry I thought the same thing in the beginning! LOL OMG you are TOOOO Funny!!

OK I'm STILL laughing! I can imagine you reading that and thinking, OMG did she just tell that person that they might have cancer???
That's EXACTLY what went through my head!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #72  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Come 4ish I want to devour the pets.

This made me laugh out loud. Then, I realized that it perfectly described how I have been feeling all day. It is Day 43 for me and I haven't been hungry since day two. Today, I woke up hungry, and have stayed ravenous all day. Had my packets, lots of water, lots of lettuce, added some of dinner's protein to my lunch salad…nothing seems to be working. I am wondering if inadvertently ate something with sugar or carbs yesterday. We had turkey for dinner that the guy in the deli assured me had no added ingredients, but now I think maybe it was honey roasted or something. Has this happened to anyone else? I sure hope it is gone by tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

*Deep breath here*

Liana

AHHH TOM rants gotta love em. I think people forget how easy it was for us to gain all this weight, and they think its going to come off just as easy. But I doesn't work that way. I see the weight I've lost and im very proud of myself for not having given up. I also see that I can bend over and touch the floor!! It wasn't one of my goals but its one of the differences that I've noticed. hahahah People should be happy not only with the weight loss, but with the way that they feel.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #74  

Loser58- I have days where I'm hungry, not too often, and like you I worry that I inadvertently ate something I wasn't supposed too. I actually stopped going out to eat so I can control how my food is cooked. Maybe it was the deli meat or maybe you just had a hungry day?

JackieGee- you crack me up!!! I'm still chuckling

Dana- I'll be able to shop my closet for a while- I have sizes 12-16 which is nice. Pointless or buy clothes at this point. Excited to have you back on this journey with us!!

Ommamma- I guesstimate probably not the wisest idea, but say for instance I'm making a stir fry I'll measure my ingredients before preparing it and then just serve my portion. For example, if I'm using 16oz of beef I'll know that I can have half. Same with the veggies. Does that make sense?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #75  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good afternoon! What started out as a not busy day at work yesterday turned into being booked solid. Which hen made 7pm feel like 9pm because I was so tired!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. Two more hours of work to go!
Hi Susie, I see you don't live very far from me
Closed Thread