Old 09-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
I signed up to do this challenge. However, I have no clue what happened! When I initially signed up. I saw no columns where you add your weight. It was just a plain white area. So I posted my starting weight and my name there. Should I retry getting in again or will I mess something up? Where do we go to add our weight? Will it be in our email weekly? I've never done a challenge. This is all new to me so don’t go off on me.
I really want to do the challenge but I'm confused as HECK!(better choice of a word other than the one I wanna say)
Click on the link in Lisa's first post in this thread, the one where you requested permission. Then enter your email and password and it will bring you to the spreadsheet.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

I am happy to report another drop. 1.4 pounds closer to my goal
RefreshingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good job sticking to this everyone! I WI today a few days early. Not thinking u will have great numbers, but then the following week should be great and boost me right into my mini vacation to California.

My Beck Book should be delivered today's! Guess I will be reading tonight!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #229  

Sgrealtor1, I think you are really going to like the Beck book. I can't wait to hear what you think of it! I know it has really helped me transform my thinking.
GraceRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Click on the link in Lisa's first post in this thread, the one where you requested permission. Then enter your email and password and it will bring you to the spreadsheet.
Thanks a bunch Kellyc14!!!!
thenewme42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #231  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

My weight loss is definitely slowing down. I'm okay with that as I want to stay on phase one through the holidays. I am too much of a binger and I would like to fully be in maintenance before the holidays.

I am working my way through the beck book, but years of emotional eating is going to take a lot of work to fix.

Keep up the great job everyone. We are definitely ahead of the game. We won't have all of those holiday pounds to lose.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
I am working my way through the beck book, but years of emotional eating is going to take a lot of work to fix.
Well, then it looks like I'm in good company
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Beck book arrive yesterday, good thing cause I was hit with a big 0 loss yesterday on the scale I knew it was coming since I weighed in 2 days early and I weighed in at 3:30pm instead of 10am. I am sure all these factors played in to it. I also wore heavier pants ( getting cold here). Good news is that I gained 2 lbs of lean mass....

Dusted myself off today and did not cave into any of my previous sabatoge habits of feeling sorry for myself. For that I am proud.

I have to meet a contractor at a listing of mine early this am so my morning snacks is packed as is my beck book to start reading.
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Well, then it looks like I'm in good company
Same here - there are many reasons why I have lost and regained so many times, but emotional eating is at the top of the list for sure. I have ordered the book as well and it is due to arrive today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting started with it.
Lucy1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
Same here - there are many reasons why I have lost and regained so many times, but emotional eating is at the top of the list for sure. I have ordered the book as well and it is due to arrive today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting started with it.
It gives us a cognitive way to address thoughts/feelings, rather than emotional. For me it is highly important to review response cards I've made to "teach" my brain to think different thoughts. This is my third time through the book but I'm actually doing my writing assignments this time. I figure these skills will take MORE time to ingrain than it'll take me to lose the weight.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Lisa, that last comment really hit the nail on the head for me.

"these skills will take MORE time to ingrain than it'll take me to lose the weight" YES! And the fact that I haven't worked (and given enough time) to truly ingrain new ways of thinking (which have to be at the root of new ways of eating if I want it to be sustainable) is probably a big contributor to my ongoing "battle" with weight.

I haven't given my brain time to catch up to my body! Gives a whole new perspective to those slow weight loss weeks for me...I can accept and even be GRATEFUL for the time to prepare my mind to make my new body work long term.

Thanks!
sarajoyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post

I haven't given my brain time to catch up to my body! Gives a whole new perspective to those slow weight loss weeks for me...I can accept and even be GRATEFUL for the time to prepare my mind to make my new body work long term.

Thanks!
Yes! So many times before I have felt like I was finished with the hard work when I got to or close to the weight I wanted to be. Now I know that's when the real work begins - it's not time to turn off the awareness and start coasting, as I have done before.
Lucy1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post
Lisa, that last comment really hit the nail on the head for me.

"these skills will take MORE time to ingrain than it'll take me to lose the weight" YES! And the fact that I haven't worked (and given enough time) to truly ingrain new ways of thinking (which have to be at the root of new ways of eating if I want it to be sustainable) is probably a big contributor to my ongoing "battle" with weight.

Thanks!
That's a really great perspective.
I have a history of a large loss & regai (prior to IP). I started IP with an eye on maintenance but as I posted in the Daily Chat, if I loosen up my diligence, my clothes tighten up. Beck is going to help me learn new ways of thinking. I love the Beck book starts out telling us if we ever felt like we "failed" on a diet, it was because we didn't know HOW to diet.

For me, it is certainly more about where my head is than what I'm putting in my mouth. The mental challenge (of weight loss AND maintenance) is huge!!!

I've posted this before but I find it SO.TRUE on an ongoing basis

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-24-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #239  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Lisa - your extra posted quote is so right on!!

I bought the Beck Solution book and kept 'not reading' it, so, upon reading your posting about listening to it a couple of times already, I bought the audio book and have been listening on my commute to and from work daily this week. I'm going to get started with the written assignments probably this weekend.

The idea of having strategies to counter the self sabotaging thoughts and actions is very encouraging for yo-yo like me.

I have already made a list of reasons why I want to lose weight (first assignment) - in fact, I started a thread here at 3FC on that topic before I realized it was a first step in the Beck solution. I was thinking that revisiting those reasons would be useful, and it turns out that I was on a correct line of thinking. I'm looking forward to putting the Beck Solution to work!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I have already made a list of reasons why I want to lose weight (first assignment) - in fact, I started a thread here at 3FC on that topic before I realized it was a first step in the Beck solution. I was thinking that revisiting those reasons would be useful, and it turns out that I was on a correct line of thinking. I'm looking forward to putting the Beck Solution to work!!
I have been reading my reasons every day!

Working the assignments is helping me daily with maintenance.

Beck Solution is such a common sense approach, teaching me & keeping me AWARE daily of something that is extremely important to me--losing the weight & keeping it off!
Taye168 is offline   Reply With Quote