Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #31  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning IPers!

Evemomma, congratulations and I am watching your journey closely!!! I am halfway to my goal weight and am super nervous about phasing off (I know I have a few months until then) but I am steadily researching because it is so nerve racking not having everything laid out clear as day as P1 and P2.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #32  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the calorie tips! My veggies do seem awful high some days. I never really ate a lot of red meat before this diet (actually, not a lot of ANY meats - not a huge fan of texture/taste) but I can't get enough red meat now! I could eat it every night, no joke. I don't of course - two red meat nights, two chicken nights, two seafood nights and one wildcard for the week, typically. I buy an organic, grass fed beef that's 90/10, but one week I grabbed a couple packs quickly and didn't realize they were 80/20 - there's no way I'm going to throw out food so I made them into meals positive the scale would go up. But it went DOWN further than it had in weeks! I'm not 100% OP (can't stomach WF products so I use a 0 carb 0 sugar dressing) so that could be throwing my calories off as well - but as long as the scale keeps going down and I don't have fantasies of shoving an entire cake in my face, I think I need to relax.

Isn't the Leia kitten the cutest? My screen name is in honor of our cat who will sit and stare at you in the dark like she's trying to strangle you with the force. She has the cutest, tiniest little ears and in the dark she looks like she's wearing a helmet.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #33  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Wahoo Evemomma! You are in the 120's!! I'm so excited for your breakfast....yogurt and cereal!! I'm real excited to phasing in foods like this, it really helps me focus on getting to the next phase and meeting my goal.

I ended up being late to work today which normally would really bother me. I had to wear a dress today because it seems I have only one pair of slacks that fit me, and I wore them yesterday. Good thing I ordered a ton of dresses for my BIL's wedding two weeks ago. My husband actually suggested the dresses and they slipped my mind. I'm wearing a peach colored dress and I feel great in it and my husband kept telling me I looked hot. I'll take it! I really need to go shopping though.....maybe for size 8's? Blows my mind, never thought in a million years I would be in these sizes ever again. I thought they were just a pipe dream.
I have to hope it stays warm for a while so I can continue the capris. I only own one pair of work pants and one pair of jeans and the jeans need to be shortened. I just donated 4 bags of clothes. As exciting as it was I also had a sense of panic. I wanted them gone so I couldn't grow back into them again but I still don't have confidence that this weight will stay off. My entire closet is empty of anything I wore before IP except a beautiful leather jacket I bought 14 years ago that I will get to wear this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Thanks for the calorie tips! My veggies do seem awful high some days. I never really ate a lot of red meat before this diet (actually, not a lot of ANY meats - not a huge fan of texture/taste) but I can't get enough red meat now! I could eat it every night, no joke. I don't of course - two red meat nights, two chicken nights, two seafood nights and one wildcard for the week, typically. I buy an organic, grass fed beef that's 90/10, but one week I grabbed a couple packs quickly and didn't realize they were 80/20 - there's no way I'm going to throw out food so I made them into meals positive the scale would go up. But it went DOWN further than it had in weeks! I'm not 100% OP (can't stomach WF products so I use a 0 carb 0 sugar dressing) so that could be throwing my calories off as well - but as long as the scale keeps going down and I don't have fantasies of shoving an entire cake in my face, I think I need to relax.
I also found MFP in the cooked veggies are adding a lot more fat than I might and that increases calories a lot more too.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #34  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

So my official weigh-in had me at 131....I'll take it! That's a 4.5 lbs loss on the two weeks I was on P2! Oddly, though, my measurements didn't really change so not sure how to interpret that. Ah well.....funny subject, I asked my coach if she would mind measuring my rib cage so I can figure out what bra I'm supposed to be wearing. Things are ALL amiss in that area! She measured my rib cage at 31"...so I guess that might be the issue (have been wearing 34 around). Craziness since I started IP as a 36D!

Anyway, I was VERY VERY VERY disappointed with my coach's input into P3. Um, she had NO INPUT actually. She says she' lost on IP, but when I asked her what HER P3 breakfasts were, she hedged and said she really didn't phase off properly.

What?

At that point, I had no more need for our appointment since I was already measured and weighed. I usually buy some product even if I don't totally need it since I've been doing alt products, but I felt NO need to obligatory buy when she can't even coach me. What's the point of having a coach? My hubby can measure me and give me blank stares when I ask advice!

Anyway, at this point it really doesn't matter since I already spent the "expensive" part of IP on the food (did that completely for 8 weeks before moving to part IP/part alt products).

So, I am EXTREMELY grateful (more than ever) to have this board as a resource and can't imagine phasing off without it with a coach who has no clue what she's doing! I bought some greek yogurt, whole grain cereal and a few other things to start putting my breakfasts together. Tomorrow is the big day to start!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Evemomma- you are an inspiration!

chipndip- I know what you mean, i'm having a difficult time letting go of my old clothes too. In the past I lost weight and got rid of everything, only to need them again....sigh....but we are not going to do that this time!!!! So good riddance fat clothes!!

darthkitten- lol @ your cat story!!! oh my!! LOL

I am alone at work today and bored out of my mind!!!! I brought the Beck Diet Solution book with me and am trying to read it. I've been having a difficult time...it's deep...
Old 08-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Eve - Thank you for your response yesterday, reading your successful journey has been helpful. You will do great adding in your exercise let me know if I can help. I can't believe your coach didn't phase off properly and had no input for you for P3. I agree, you are better off here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Managed to get through Canada's Wonderland on the hottest day of the summer yesterday. Brought my camelbak backpack full of water and smuggled in my lunch veggies.
Down 1 pound at WI yesterday but a few inches. Hoping the last 10 don't go a pound at a time. I'm looking so forward to phasing off.
Chipndip - way to strengthen your resistence muscle at Canada's Wonderland!! Looks like you are seeing the reward this morning. I am planning on heading out there in a couple weeks so will also be sneaking in some veggies and perhaps a crispy pancake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I am alone at work today and bored out of my mind!!!! I brought the Beck Diet Solution book with me and am trying to read it. I've been having a difficult time...it's deep...
Kellyc-
I picked up my Beck Diet Solution in the mail box last night and started reading it. It's deep but has so much helpful addive. I do CBT for anxiety and depression with clients at work but have struggled applying it to me and food. Today I am walking around doing so much self talking and flexing my resistence muscles

Hope everyone is having a good day. I have another dinner out this week, this is the 3rd one but have brought 2oz of tuna to have at 5pm and then will have 6oz of steak on a garden salad for dinner. I think one of the biggest things going forward that I will take after pretty much a year on PI is planning ahead. It makes a huge difference.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Pishposh - Congratulations on losing 50lbs

Sgrealtor1- you did awesome on your vacation and sticking to your plan, feel proud of yourself.

Sorry forgot to add this to my post above.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #38  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

evemomma,
That really is disheartening. Seriously...didn't phase off properly and yet you are coaching. Even if she didn't phase off properly if she was worth the money she would at least have researched it and compiled a list of guidance to give people such as yourself. Sheesh!

Chipndip:
Here's hoping it stays warming to prolong the capri wearing. At what point do you feel you will feel more confident in your weight and keeping it off? No wrong answer here, only you know but, would love to hear your thoughts and where you are at.
Honestly I've almost been heavier then I have slim in my life so I can understand your hesitation and concerns.

Question for everyone...besides weightloss is there any other area of your life or goal that you would like to accomplish or are working towards right now?

I personally would love to complete my degree. I'm currently trying to figure out how I can do it exactly. My company pays for it but, I'm currently at a loss for the time. I work 3 days a week and have a 20 month old and my husband works 7 days a week as a farmer. My compromise that I'm working towards is finishing the last two credits to get my AA so at least I have a degree of some kind, even if it isn't my BA yet. I'm currently working my way up and have the training and opportunity here at work ( I work for a National Laboratory) thanks to my boss and having my degree (I'm surrounded with scientists and engineers who have their doctorates) so that I can be promoted within my job family.

What about you? Love to hear what you have to say.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Johnsdeere-

Could you take online classes? That way you could do it around your schedule and when your child is sleeping. Just a thought.

I'm working on getting my life in order. My first goal was to lose the weight and then when I am feeling more confident (and look good in a pantsuit!) I would like to begin job hunting. My current job is just that, a job. I would like a career.

I would also like to get my finances in order. One step at a time.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #40  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
evemomma,
That really is disheartening. Seriously...didn't phase off properly and yet you are coaching. Even if she didn't phase off properly if she was worth the money she would at least have researched it and compiled a list of guidance to give people such as yourself. Sheesh!

Chipndip:
Here's hoping it stays warming to prolong the capri wearing. At what point do you feel you will feel more confident in your weight and keeping it off? No wrong answer here, only you know but, would love to hear your thoughts and where you are at.
Honestly I've almost been heavier then I have slim in my life so I can understand your hesitation and concerns.
Honestly, I have no idea. I have always felt fat (since my teens) because I was bigger than all my friends. Anytime I have lost weight, I have always regained it. I'll never have a perfect body. This is the first time that I will actually reach goal and the first time I will be educated as to how to maintain so I am already feeling a little better.

My coach has never even done phase 1!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I feel the same way ChipnDip. I saved a couple of my size up jeans and work pants in the bottom of my closet until I get down two sizes. I also agree that knowing how to integrate "regular" food at maintenance is somewhat relieving when thinking about life after P1. You are so close to goal, great job!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #42  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Kelly,
I am seriously considering taking a online class from my local community college this fall, I registered for summer but that didn't come to fruition. I'm concerned about taking it online because I have to take precalculus and statistics...and well I suck at math and taking it in the classroom would probably workout because of it. Worse case scenario I can hit up several of the statisticians I work with here for homework help if I do it online. I so want to get this done and over with.
Great goals and wonderful mindset, one step at a time.

Chipndip: That's honest and fair. I can't believe these coaches out there, you are all paying good hard earned money...how can these coaches support you and talk about discipline if they never showed it for themselves! Blows my mind. I hope as time goes on you acquire all the tools and your goal weight becomes your norm. So much of our successes are psychological.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

@evemomma...look at what you have accomplished....this part you will master hands down....we have faith in you!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #44  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Hello Ladies!

JohnsDeere...what a GREAT question!

My weight is certainly something that was driving me crazy these past 4/5 years when I got heavy. My next big goal is getting our house ready for the market. My family is getting crowded in our little house! But we are having some serious issues (water coming in basement, siding pulling) that need to be addressed before we can put it on the market. One day at a time!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Go for it Johnsdeere...even if it is a course at a time they add up. Online is a wonderful option also. 20 months is tough but it will get crazier as the years go by: sports, school etc. And one day you will realize "I could have been done by now."
Baby steps..and you will reach your goal..
Closed Thread