Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #16  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Fortunately, I've managed to cook and bake all my families favourites. It's getting harder maybe because I'm closer to actually eating some of them again. I bite into the noodle and spit it out. My husband adds too much salt to everything after I cook so I don't tend to use it much when I cook. Where I am disappointed in myself is that I haven't forced my veggie require my on the family. They should be learning better habits. I hardly ate any veggies before this and my kids eat virtually none. It will be very easy yo stop cooking them in maintenance because nobody will care. More and more I see I will need a lot of discipline for phase 4 than I even did in phase 1
LOL...I have done the "bite into the noodle and spit it out" thing. I thought I was the only weirdo. ;p

I am definitely planning to incorporate what I have learned into my daily meal planning. Right now my focus is on me and I have more energy to stay on plan when I'm not getting flack for not making them what they want to eat. haha. I work nights so dinner for myself is rushed 5 nights out of the week but I plan to learn how to put together healthier dinner choices that are really good and then just limit things like mashed potatoes (he doesn't need to have them 5 days a week for instance). My son struggles with weight but he does like most veggies so I am lucky!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #17  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl79 View Post
Thanks Nat 1015 that does make some sense. And yes I don't have a lot of water weight. In fact my hydration levels are really good and have never been one t retain water. My clothes are loose, I have more energy and feel pretty good. I also had a rough personal week dealing with a bad breakup so that too puts stress on the body. I am just going to stick to the plan and let my body adjust and do what it needs to do
UGH, I know how that is! I'm going through it now but I'm married so it is an extended period of a break up. It is not fun and really really stressful! Focusing on the diet has really helped me get through it though. It is nice to have SOMETHING that I am currently in control of! It keeps my mind off of other things.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl79 View Post
Today was my first weigh in. I lost 5 pounds, though am surprised it wasn't more as I am quite overweight and a lot of posts seem to show large losses in the beginning.

I followed the program and never cheated. I am down about 6 inches overall too, but my biggest concern is my lean body mass decreased and my total fat percentage increased. I didn't really get a clear answer from my coach as to ho my body fat percentage could increase.

Thoughts? I know it is the first week, I just need to focus but I am confused from my results.
They don't measure muscle mass. They measure lean mass, which is everything in our bodies except fat. So, losing mostly water would cause lean mass to go down.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-23-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey Y'all! I just started 2 days ago. Not weighing myself except for my weekly weigh ins. Going okay so far! Hardest part being that I am the one who cooks for my husband and young child...difficult cooking food I can't eat! And I've had an intense craving for watermelon. Just trying to keep busy cleaning house and doing art projects with the kiddo.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #20  
Ideal Protein 7/10/14

S/C/G: 256.4/224/160

Height: 5'7.5"

Checking in. Perfect week so far. Weight dropped about 6 and then went up 2.5 yesterday..no idea why.

Can't add my ticker, but will put the code here.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

lisa- Thanks for the tip! I just started reading the book.
BCGirl79- on your weight loss!!
TXWineo- and good luck! You'll notice that you won't get hungry and you won't be craving things. When your body is in ketosis, you don't get as hungry and don't get cravings. You'll be able to cook for your family without a problem. I see others eating and right away my brain starts thinking about how many carbs and sugars their meals have, like really, I automatically start thinking like that. I've only been on the plan for 10 days, I don't know if I will change later. You can also join us in the August Starters thread

Has anyone had the Double Chocolate Brownie? It's a restricted item and I only have it once a day, but today, while reading the nutrition facts for this item, I found out it has 25g of carbs and 15g of protein. How many carbs are we supposed to have per day to be in ketosis? Now I'm afraid I'm not in ketosis, I've been having these brownies for the past 10 days, my first W1 (last Wednesday) I lost 11 lbs and 9 in. How would I know I'm still in ketosis? Am I consuming too many carbs by eating this brownie once every day?
Old 08-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for the warm welcome Ariel! Thankfully the struggle hadn't been too bad, glad to know it gets easier.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
lisa- Has anyone had the Double Chocolate Brownie? It's a restricted item and I only have it once a day, but today, while reading the nutrition facts for this item, I found out it has 25g of carbs and 15g of protein. How many carbs are we supposed to have per day to be in ketosis? Now I'm afraid I'm not in ketosis, I've been having these brownies for the past 10 days, my first W1 (last Wednesday) I lost 11 lbs and 9 in. How would I know I'm still in ketosis? Am I consuming too many carbs by eating this brownie once every day?
I replied on the Aug thread about this
They are well within IP guidelines for a once per day restricted. No reason to change anything.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I replied on the Aug thread about this
They are well within IP guidelines for a once per day restricted. No reason to change anything.
Thanks Lisa!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #25  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
Has anyone had the Double Chocolate Brownie? It's a restricted item and I only have it once a day, but today, while reading the nutrition facts for this item, I found out it has 25g of carbs and 15g of protein. How many carbs are we supposed to have per day to be in ketosis? Now I'm afraid I'm not in ketosis, I've been having these brownies for the past 10 days, my first W1 (last Wednesday) I lost 11 lbs and 9 in. How would I know I'm still in ketosis? Am I consuming too many carbs by eating this brownie once every day?
While Lisa answered your question, you can also get things at the pharmacy called Ketostix that will tell you if you're in ketosis. I haven't seen them discussed here, but I used them on a previous diet.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #26  
Started IP July 28, 2014

After having a rough week, in the last few days I've had some bigger drops.

Went to my MIL's last night, and she was great. Asked me for a full list of what I could eat and made us all an amazing meal. My bf on the other hand brought home a box of 6 gourmet donuts that I had to resist (which I did). :/

This morning I had a mishap with a recipe. I saw some people talking about using the pudding for waffles... yeaaah that didn't work at all. A thin layer stuck to the iron and then the rest oozed out the side. Spent a long time trying to clean it up! I managed to scrape enough off for a meal, but I think I'll be doing pancakes next time!

The rest of the day has been pretty good, fresh veggies at the market and enjoying the beautiful weather. Made an amazing grilled Brussels sprouts with dinner that had my bf wolfing them down. It's been a very busy summer, so it's nice to finally have a "down" weekend.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 191/181/145

Height: 5'7

Unhappy I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWineo View Post
Hey Y'all! I just started 2 days ago. Not weighing myself except for my weekly weigh ins. Going okay so far! Hardest part being that I am the one who cooks for my husband and young child...difficult cooking food I can't eat! And I've had an intense craving for watermelon. Just trying to keep busy cleaning house and doing art projects with the kiddo.
I am also the cook in the family and it's my passion- which is why I'm needing to lose 30 pounds. I love your name!! Giving up wine has been the hardest part. I'm about to start week 4. Approaching TOM and I'm "hangry" only lost 1.8 pounds last week. Coach says because I split proteins, but my job is to entertain clients, wining and dining. So this has been very difficult navigating restaurants. Anyway, my already trim husband is losing weight and looking fabulous so at least it's working for one of us- and he's not on the program LOL.

I'm not a fan of my coach. She is always rushed and dismissive when I talk about struggles. I realize this is 90% mental but during TOM I've been a wreck! She chided me for splitting proteins and having egg whites instead of nasty IP omelette mix. Thinking of going to,alternative plan. I bought the same scale she has. Thanks for letting me rant- it's been a tough week.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
While Lisa answered your question, you can also get things at the pharmacy called Ketostix that will tell you if you're in ketosis. I haven't seen them discussed here, but I used them on a previous diet.
Ketostix are really unreliable. They work for some people and not for others. And, when the body becomes more efficient at burning ketones, they stop showing up in the urine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
This morning I had a mishap with a recipe. I saw some people talking about using the pudding for waffles... yeaaah that didn't work at all. A thin layer stuck to the iron and then the rest oozed out the side. Spent a long time trying to clean it up! I managed to scrape enough off for a meal, but I think I'll be doing pancakes next time!
Did you mix up pudding or did you use the waffle recipe?

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-23-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #29  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATX View Post
I am also the cook in the family and it's my passion- which is why I'm needing to lose 30 pounds. I love your name!! Giving up wine has been the hardest part. I'm about to start week 4. Approaching TOM and I'm "hangry" only lost 1.8 pounds last week. Coach says because I split proteins, but my job is to entertain clients, wining and dining. So this has been very difficult navigating restaurants. Anyway, my already trim husband is losing weight and looking fabulous so at least it's working for one of us- and he's not on the program LOL.

I'm not a fan of my coach. She is always rushed and dismissive when I talk about struggles. I realize this is 90% mental but during TOM I've been a wreck! She chided me for splitting proteins and having egg whites instead of nasty IP omelette mix. Thinking of going to,alternative plan. I bought the same scale she has. Thanks for letting me rant- it's been a tough week.
I really don't think splitting your protein is a problem - lots of very successful IP people have done so. And 1.8 pounds is a good loss, especially near TOM. Is there an owner of your clinic you can talk to about your coach? You're paying a lot of money for this program and it's her job to help you, not scold you or be dismissive.

I do believe that it's 2 eggs and an egg white that is the equivalent to the omelet (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), so you may be shorting yourself on protein there.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

FATX -- Coaches seem to be just as variable as the cost structure of the clinics. Really sorry you're not having a good experience with yours. (Mine's pretty neutral, some people have awesome, knowledgable, supportive ones) Basically, I think we all kinda supplement our coaching through the forum. I hope that will work well for you too.

On the specifics you mentioned; I know of no reason you should be 'chided' for splitting protein (especially if it helps you eat everything on the plan for the day and NOT eat off-program stuff )

And the protein in egg whites is *every bit* as bioavailable and "high quality" as anything in the IP packets (the omelet packet is primarily dehydrated egg whites (albumin protein) to begin with! So, again, NO reason to be chiding you there--although the replacement should include one whole egg along with the 2 whites; fats are not the enemy, and the combination is really important.

Stick with it, and I suppose be grateful you only interact with your "coach" once a week and have all of us the rest of the time!

Last edited by sarajoyus; 08-23-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Closed Thread