Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #31  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
This morning I had a mishap with a recipe. I saw some people talking about using the pudding for waffles... yeaaah that didn't work at all. A thin layer stuck to the iron and then the rest oozed out the side. Spent a long time trying to clean it up! I managed to scrape enough off for a meal, but I think I'll be doing pancakes next time!
SarahBee - I am so sorry you had a bummer packet transformation! I have made the waffles -- using pudding with egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, stevia, and I have added some shredded zuke -- the first time I made them I opened the waffle baker at the time that a regular ingredient waffle would be done, and found what looked kinda like lace, stuck to top surface and bottom surface. I discovered it's like making that same recipe as an IP pudding pancake - you have to let them bake slowly until they are done -- that takes at least 15 and maybe 20 minutes in my cheapo waffle baker. I had the overflow thing happen that first time too (on the 2nd waffle of the batch) - thereafter I did not try to make a full size waffle -- I cut back on the amount of batter that I put into the machine, and the result is perfectly good. It does take some messing around to get the whole thing to work. When they do work - they are very good.... I hope you'll try again sometime. The recipe I follow is Sweet Waffle - you can find it via search in the first thread in the Ideal Protein subforum.

Today was a NSV for me -- I actually went to my favorite dance studio to a 2 and a half hour Rumba workshop - I have been meaning to go dancing for several weeks, but at the last minute I talked myself out of going each time.... I confess that since I gained 20 extra pounds over the past year, on top of already being 60 lbs overweight, I have been hiding out. I go to work and come home and occasionally hit the grocery store (DH does most of the grocery shopping), and I avoid seeing anyone in a social setting. But now that the newest extra 20 lbs are gone, I guess I feel a bit more comfortable about being seen in public. I still have far to go, but this is a big breakthrough for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I really don't think splitting your protein is a problem - lots of very successful IP people have done so. And 1.8 pounds is a good loss, especially near TOM. Is there an owner of your clinic you can talk to about your coach? You're paying a lot of money for this program and it's her job to help you, not scold you or be dismissive.

I do believe that it's 2 eggs and an egg white that is the equivalent to the omelet (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), so you may be shorting yourself on protein there.
FYI - It is one egg and three egg whites to equal a packet. Once I learned that, I never bought an omelet packet again!

Last edited by JLUS; 08-23-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #33  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
FYI - It is one egg and three egg whites to equal a packet.
Thank you! For some reason I couldn't find it!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thank you! For some reason I couldn't find it!
No problem!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #35  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
SarahBee - I am so sorry you had a bummer packet transformation! I have made the waffles -- using pudding with egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, stevia, and I have added some shredded zuke -- the first time I made them I opened the waffle baker at the time that a regular ingredient waffle would be done, and found what looked kinda like lace, stuck to top surface and bottom surface. I discovered it's like making that same recipe as an IP pudding pancake - you have to let them bake slowly until they are done -- that takes at least 15 and maybe 20 minutes in my cheapo waffle baker. I had the overflow thing happen that first time too (on the 2nd waffle of the batch) - thereafter I did not try to make a full size waffle -- I cut back on the amount of batter that I put into the machine, and the result is perfectly good. It does take some messing around to get the whole thing to work. When they do work - they are very good.... I hope you'll try again sometime. The recipe I follow is Sweet Waffle - you can find it via search in the first thread in the Ideal Protein subforum.

Today was a NSV for me -- I actually went to my favorite dance studio to a 2 and a half hour Rumba workshop - I have been meaning to go dancing for several weeks, but at the last minute I talked myself out of going each time.... I confess that since I gained 20 extra pounds over the past year, on top of already being 60 lbs overweight, I have been hiding out. I go to work and come home and occasionally hit the grocery store (DH does most of the grocery shopping), and I avoid seeing anyone in a social setting. But now that the newest extra 20 lbs are gone, I guess I feel a bit more comfortable about being seen in public. I still have far to go, but this is a big breakthrough for me.
Yeah the lacey stuff is what I got (and while not ideal, I still ate it with a drizzle of WF maple syrup). My parents actually got us a fancy waffle maker for Christmas last year and I think maybe it's a bit too powerful for this stuff. If I left them in there for 15 or 20 minutes all that would be left is ashes. It's also designed to make very deep waffles (more like Belgian) which didn't help. I'll just try the pancakes next time.

I hear you on the social stuff, congrats on making it in! I've gained a ton of weight since last fall and I've made a point not to catch up with any friends from my previous job (left in December) and haven't been accepting any invitations.

Re: Ketostix - I used them for 8 months + in ketosis and had no problems with consistency, so everyone's different.

Last edited by SarahBee_; 08-23-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Where does the chance to have a ticker show up on your control panel?

I am starting my 6 weeks in the Beck Diet Solution! Love this book
Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATX View Post
I am also the cook in the family and it's my passion- which is why I'm needing to lose 30 pounds. I love your name!! Giving up wine has been the hardest part. I'm about to start week 4. Approaching TOM and I'm "hangry" only lost 1.8 pounds last week. Coach says because I split proteins, but my job is to entertain clients, wining and dining. So this has been very difficult navigating restaurants. Anyway, my already trim husband is losing weight and looking fabulous so at least it's working for one of us- and he's not on the program LOL.

I'm not a fan of my coach. She is always rushed and dismissive when I talk about struggles. I realize this is 90% mental but during TOM I've been a wreck! She chided me for splitting proteins and having egg whites instead of nasty IP omelette mix. Thinking of going to,alternative plan. I bought the same scale she has. Thanks for letting me rant- it's been a tough week.
Bad coach! Doesn't know her stuff very well!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #38  

I love what you wrote about going to parties and sticking to the IP eating plan. Everything you have said is true. It looks like you are very motivated and doing well. Congratulations.
I am starting IP tomorrow to lose my last 15 lb of baby weight (third baby), and my IP consultant went through everything with me and told me that the dinner protein should be 8 oz cooked (eg. chicken). This seems like a lot, and the booklet says to weigh your food raw. Is it really 8 oz of meat cooked for dinner every night? That seems like a lot.
I want to do well, so I don't want to overdo it for the meal. Please advise how much protein we need for the dinner meal. Thank you!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 01:27 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 243/221/143

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Prosecutrix View Post
I love what you wrote about going to parties and sticking to the IP eating plan. Everything you have said is true. It looks like you are very motivated and doing well. Congratulations.
I am starting IP tomorrow to lose my last 15 lb of baby weight (third baby), and my IP consultant went through everything with me and told me that the dinner protein should be 8 oz cooked (eg. chicken). This seems like a lot, and the booklet says to weigh your food raw. Is it really 8 oz of meat cooked for dinner every night? That seems like a lot.
I want to do well, so I don't want to overdo it for the meal. Please advise how much protein we need for the dinner meal. Thank you!!!
I was told 8oz before cooking.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #40  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
An important thing to remember about this diet is that your protein intake is increased so that you don't lose muscle mass. Guidelines also say 6-8 oz so you have a bit of wiggle room. It works out nicely because most restraunts have their steak at that weight.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:46 AM   #41  

Quote:
Yes. Weigh 8 oz raw meat. Then cook. It cooks down to 5-6 oz, depending on the meat. If it is too much for you, split it and have 2-3 oz with lunch (and either have your lunch packet as an additional snack or have it with lunch too!)
Old 08-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

It's me again from vacation day 9!

Still have not been off plan of my own accord. Again asking for what I want at a resturant and feeling like I get it most times. Yesterday I had a burger, hold the bun and cheese ....no fries and extra lettuce tomato & pickle....well it came with the fries so I asked for an extra plate....dumped the fries on it and the rest of my family ate them....dinner was easy breezy....8 oz filet mignon with steamed broccoli. Also had a nice salad prior to that. Finding it hard as most place only have balsamic vinegar so i have been using a little. All in all doing well.

We head back tomorrow night so only 2 more days to go. Honestly I am so surprised that I have done this. Even my favorite drink (fountain serve diet coke) has not tempted me this week. ~ who am I. Lol
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #43  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Sgrealtor1 isn't it wonderful when you are just in the right mental place that staying OP is easy no matter where you are and what the temptations are? You are setting an amazing example.

When I am out and they on,y have balsamic, I will ask for some lemon or lime wedges instead. I love balsamic, so using "a little" wouldn't likely happen.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATX View Post
I am also the cook in the family and it's my passion- which is why I'm needing to lose 30 pounds. I love your name!! Giving up wine has been the hardest part. I'm about to start week 4.
Thanks! I loooove wine. I definitely miss it!

Donating blood this morning. Hopefully it won't be a big deal not drinking the juice or eating the cookie afterwards. Other than that I don't really expect any difficulties today.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 197/186/145

Height: 5'8

Default Ideal Protein and PB2

What are your thoughts on PB2? I love it in my vanilla shake but don't know if it's legal.
Closed Thread