Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/20/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone...

Last nights resturant eating was not good....not that I didn't choose good, it just did not sit well. It was a family style meal and I picked around the best I could,but something did not sit right. I think it may have been the salad which came out dressed and I served first but some dressing may have gotten in there...oh well live and learn. I knew this week would be tough and I have to make the best of it. Dinner seems to be the harder meal. Tonight we leave the parks to have dinner at Tony Roma's. That will be easy.....

Off to spend the morning with Mom. Dh and ds are off to the speedway to do some car driving experience.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/240.6/120

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Good morning everyone! Today is my weight watchers weigh in day so wish me luck. I am going to go for a short walk this morning, then shower, and off to my meeting/weigh in. Then run by the grocery store and back home to fix supper!
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good morning everyone...

Last nights resturant eating was not good....not that I didn't choose good, it just did not sit well. It was a family style meal and I picked around the best I could,but something did not sit right. I think it may have been the salad which came out dressed and I served first but some dressing may have gotten in there...oh well live and learn. I knew this week would be tough and I have to make the best of it. Dinner seems to be the harder meal. Tonight we leave the parks to have dinner at Tony Roma's. That will be easy.....

Off to spend the morning with Mom. Dh and ds are off to the speedway to do some car driving experience.
You are doing really great! Even if you did accidently have something not OP. Keep it up!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good morning everyone...

Keep working the plan and you will keep loosing the weight! =) We all make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgold View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is my weight watchers weigh in day so wish me luck. I am going to go for a short walk this morning, then shower, and off to my meeting/weigh in. Then run by the grocery store and back home to fix supper!
Hope you all have a great day!
Good luck with you WI.

It may sound funny but I am feeling "skinny" today. Which is good and will help me stay focused. I'm having a tough day and feel like curling up in a ball and crying, but I can't! IP is one thing I know I have control over and I'm going to stick with it! Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #6  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It may sound funny but I am feeling "skinny" today. Which is good and will help me stay focused. I'm having a tough day and feel like curling up in a ball and crying, but I can't! IP is one thing I know I have control over and I'm going to stick with it! Have a good day everyone.
Hope your day goes much better
Hooray for feeling skinny today! Those days are awesome, as are you.

All,
I haven't posted in a bit, and figured I better stop lurking and post a bit. I've woke up with a headache that isn't going away on it's own. Sometimes a headache is just a headache without diet involvement - either way it hurts. I finished knitting a shawl I've been working on yesterday and have pulled out a sweater I started over a year ago. It's a smaller size than I am today, so hopefully by the time I finish knitting it I will fit the sweater. Seems odd to fit me into the sweater rather than the other way around Although should it stretch and grow too large... you know I'll be ripping it out!

Have a great week everyone.
Barb

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-20-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #7  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

I had one of those HUNGRY days yesterday. I had to rework my eating schedules (like eat my snack earlier in the afternoon). I don't know what my deal was yesterday but I'm feeling really good today. Looking forward to my WI on Friday. Nervous about meeting my interim/new coach though.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #8  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Keep working the plan and you will keep loosing the weight! =) We all make mistakes.

Good luck with you WI.

Wow usmcvet! You have really rocked this plan! WTG, keep it up!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #9  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All!

I had one of those HUNGRY days yesterday. I had to rework my eating schedules (like eat my snack earlier in the afternoon). I don't know what my deal was yesterday but I'm feeling really good today. Looking forward to my WI on Friday. Nervous about meeting my interim/new coach though.
Sometimes people have noticed a really hungry day without explanation just before they get a visit from the whoosh fairy. Hope that's what's going on for you :-)
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Sometimes people have noticed a really hungry day without explanation just before they get a visit from the whoosh fairy. Hope that's what's going on for you :-)
That would be awesome!!!!! I have a big loss (around 5 lbs) every 3 weeks so I would be on course for that. I'm trying to hit my mini goal of getting to 160 by September 1st. I will definitely post the results after my Friday morning WI.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #11  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I finished knitting a shawl I've been working on yesterday and have pulled out a sweater I started over a year ago. It's a smaller size than I am today, so hopefully by the time I finish knitting it I will fit the sweater. Seems odd to fit me into the sweater rather than the other way around

Doesn't seem odd to me! I am doing something similar - I have started a cardigan for myself, but I'm knitting it down a few sizes. The pattern calls for Malabrigo Silky Merino, and I was going to substitute for something less pricy, but since I'm knitting a smaller size I decided to splurge! Less yardage equals nicer yarn!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

So I haven't posted in a bit. I've been somewhat bad this summer. Still loosing but at a pretty slow rate. Disneyland is coming up in September for a week and I would love to be down another 10 pounds. Need to stay focused.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

sgrealtor- I hope your belly is feeling better! Eating out family style is a tough one- being able to order just for yourself is so much simpler.
umscvet- good for you for focusing on the positive (feeling skinny!! Whoohoo!) while still acknowledging your feelings of being down. Maybe (hopefully) it's the hormones that are being released along with the fat that's contributing to these feelings?? You are doing the right thing (sometimes you can tell this by how darn hard it is to do it.
redgold- good luck with WI! Are you intertwining the two programs?
kissi- here's hoping the whoosh fairy is coming your way! It makes the hard days so much more worth it!
I am feeling much better today! Almost human after all the fuzziness and moodiness of the past couple days. Which is great because I need to go to the grocery store and stock up for the family.
Tried the Rhubarb Crumble for breakfast this morning. I didn't have Stevia on hand so it was a bit bitter but still good. I'm trying to avoid all the sweets and sweeteners for the first bit of this journey. Just seems to get me in a better head space.
For those feeling stressed I found an interesting article...
https://m.facebook.com/IdealProtienD...413648/?type=1
Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Doesn't seem odd to me! I am doing something similar - I have started a cardigan for myself, but I'm knitting it down a few sizes. The pattern calls for Malabrigo Silky Merino, and I was going to substitute for something less pricy, but since I'm knitting a smaller size I decided to splurge! Less yardage equals nicer yarn!
I love spending less for yarn!
Old 08-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #15  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Just had chicken noodle soup for lunch and so not satisfied. That is what I used to always have but for the longest time have been doing the chips or wafers. Thinking I need to get ready for maintenance and not be eating chips and sweets all the time but this stinks. Now all I want to do is eat!
Closed Thread