Old 09-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #16  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm going through this right now on P1! It started a week or so ago, tons of hair shedding in the shower, when I blow dry, throughout the day, etc. But, I have all these fuzzy short ends around my root base, so I think it's growing back in. Looks a little funny so I use product to tame the new baby hairs.
darthkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #17  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Could also try a gelatin supplement or regularly include the IP Raspberry or Cherry jello packs in your diet.

I am actually experiencing the opposite. Where I used to lose half-a-cat's-worth of hair every time I washed it, now I'm losing a handful of strands. I don't know if it's being pre-menopausal or just the effects of the dietary change.

I know I'm in the early days of P1 so I'm sure there are many other issues along the way that I will have to face.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #18  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I am losing hair in P4 also. Totally stinks. I lost hair with my two pregnancies also (which I was quite ill for as I had hyperemesis) - so I don't think it's IP specific, just my body's reaction to weight loss or illness. I try to minimize how much I process my hair right now (flat iron, lots of brushing) and just gut it out. I know it will stop.....especially now that I am upping my caloric intake and no longer losing. Just not very fun pouring handfuls of hair in the trash can when I comb it after a shower (and that after I paste the shower wall with tangles of hair as I rinse out the shampoo/conditioner). Bleh.

This, too, shall pass.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

I started IP on March 24th and began losing hair around July 1st. It has continued to get worse, and it is now thinned all over. I started with really thick hair and only have about 1/3 of that thickness now. I have taken Biotin supplements from Day 1 on IP, but that has not helped at all. I keep wondering WHEN it is going to stop! I have less than 20 pounds to reach goal so I keep trying to just plug along. Some days though it does send me into a panic!
MarylandMom is offline   Reply With Quote