Old 07-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #16  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!! I just had a cappuccino and I'm making waffles from IP pudding for lunch. I have been WAY less social while I have been on this diet, but I keep telling myself that I'll get out there when I'm more comfortable.
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Literari- Nashua has a caramel peanut crisp bar(restricted) that would feel like a treat. Be careful though, because they taste yummy.

GraceRev, never heard of that planner, but you do deserve a treat! Happy 60 pounds gone forever.

Kissi, socializing while on IP is a challenge at first but you will adjust in time. For now, enjoy your down time.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all.

graceRev- congrats on the loss and the OP reward. Post a picture when it comes!!

I an getting real. I updated my ticker and siggy to reflect where I really am. Sigh.

Working thru the beck diet solution, albeit slowly. It is helping to strengthen my resolve. And it works. I'm continually reminding myself why I am doing this. I talk to myself when tempted. In fact, all of this led me to an NSV yesterday.

There were 4 huge bags of candy in the break room at work and each time I went in to refill water or tea I would say"eating that right now is not getting me closer to the person I want to be". I thought I was saying it to myself. Well, not exactly.... One particularly opinionated person asked if I was going to a huge fundraising BBQ today and I admitted I was. She then said that I must be saving my calories for the BBQ and I said that I was not, I was just staying with my plan and was not planning to cheat. She looked stricken!, she told me I simply could not go to this awesome BBQ and not eat of plan. She then commanded me to take a day off from my diet! Really?? I explained that there will always be an excuse to derail my plan of becoming the person I want to be, and that this fundraiser was about the CAUSE and not the food, and that I planned to enjoy myself in other ways. Clearly her insistence that I stray was totally about HER and not me. I feel so empowered. I can DO this. Will be leaving for event soon, physically and mentally prepared, and just a little pissed off at this gal's audacity!!

More later.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #19  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all.

graceRev- congrats on the loss and the OP reward. Post a picture when it comes!!

I an getting real. I updated my ticker and siggy to reflect where I really am. Sigh.

Working thru the beck diet solution, albeit slowly. It is helping to strengthen my resolve. And it works. I'm continually reminding myself why I am doing this. I talk to myself when tempted. In fact, all of this led me to an NSV yesterday.

There were 4 huge bags of candy in the break room at work and each time I went in to refill water or tea I would say"eating that right now is not getting me closer to the person I want to be". I thought I was saying it to myself. Well, not exactly.... One particularly opinionated person asked if I was going to a huge fundraising BBQ today and I admitted I was. She then said that I must be saving my calories for the BBQ and I said that I was not, I was just staying with my plan and was not planning to cheat. She looked stricken!, she told me I simply could not go to this awesome BBQ and not eat of plan. She then commanded me to take a day off from my diet! Really?? I explained that there will always be an excuse to derail my plan of becoming the person I want to be, and that this fundraiser was about the CAUSE and not the food, and that I planned to enjoy myself in other ways. Clearly her insistence that I stray was totally about HER and not me. I feel so empowered. I can DO this. Will be leaving for event soon, physically and mentally prepared, and just a little pissed off at this gal's audacity!!

More later.
Super impressed with the positive attitude swimcoachmomma! Good luck with the event. You can do it.
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Bah! First week on program with no loss on the scale. But...loss of an inch on bat wings (arms) and thighs. No wonder my pants have been feeling so loose.

Literati: My coach cut out my restricteds when I was "only" loosing 1 lb a week. It didn't ramp up my losses at all. So I put them back in. No change in losses (until this week) and I look forward to my salty/sweet snack.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

so happy to be able to add another 5 pounds to my tickler! Can't believe I forgot to do it immediately!!

Coach was concerned that my body fat measurement stayed the same and my lean body mass went down by 2 lbs. So not sure where the other 3 pounds came from, but I'm thinking those measurement things may not be 100% correct every time. Not that I don't have a lot of body fat to loose!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Gracerev- I just looked up the life planner on Pinterest and I'm in!!! I want one!!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Default Please tell me I did not totally screw up

Everyone I could use your input.

We left today to meet my mother in law with our two kids this morning. We met outside of Jackson mississippi. I packed a drink mix veggies and my shaker buy left it ALL on the kitchen counter. We met her at Wendy's and fed the kids there. I did not touch ONE fry or nugget. By the time we got their bags in my mother in laws and get back in the car I was feeling shaky. I thought I could make it home. Hubby pulled the car over at Chick Fil a and I whipped out my phone to see if they at least had a salad. I got a side salad and hubby picked off ALL the carrot shreds and cheese for me no dressing just lettuce. I got grilled nuggets here's the nutritional break down

200 calories; 4.5 grams fat; 1 gram sugar; 800 (!!! L grams sodium; 6 carbs; 34 grams protein.

Could I have knocked myself out of ketosis? I've only had 1 I pack today. We will be home around 4 pm. What should I eat? I missed my 2 cups of veggies. Do I need to eat all four by the end of the day?

Sorry for any typos. I am on my phone. Any input is appreciated. Thank you !!!
creolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Everyone I could use your input.

We left today to meet my mother in law with our two kids this morning. We met outside of Jackson mississippi. I packed a drink mix veggies and my shaker buy left it ALL on the kitchen counter. We met her at Wendy's and fed the kids there. I did not touch ONE fry or nugget. By the time we got their bags in my mother in laws and get back in the car I was feeling shaky. I thought I could make it home. Hubby pulled the car over at Chick Fil a and I whipped out my phone to see if they at least had a salad. I got a side salad and hubby picked off ALL the carrot shreds and cheese for me no dressing just lettuce. I got grilled nuggets here's the nutritional break down

200 calories; 4.5 grams fat; 1 gram sugar; 800 (!!! L grams sodium; 6 carbs; 34 grams protein.

Could I have knocked myself out of ketosis? I've only had 1 I pack today. We will be home around 4 pm. What should I eat? I missed my 2 cups of veggies. Do I need to eat all four by the end of the day?

Sorry for any typos. I am on my phone. Any input is appreciated. Thank you !!!
You did not totally screw up. You were prepared but, unfortunately, forgot your items at home. This is a good time to stick a few drink packets in your glove compartment.

Yes, you need to eat your other veggies for the day.

I'm not familiar with that restaurant but looked online. The 6 piece, instead of the 12 you got, would have been closer to a non-restricted packet choice with 100 calories, 17 grams of protein, 3 carbs and 2.5 grams of fat.

Don't stress.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I have ordered the grilled chick fil a nuggets a few times when I have been stuck and didn't notice any changes in cravings afterward. I also ordered the side salad and picked the "bad" stuff off. I prefer those grilled nuggets to any other IP friendly fast food options that I've tried. I only have it every few weeks.

Last edited by Yayalaine; 07-19-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Yayalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Thank you both. I suppose I should have gotten the smaller serving but I was feeling like I was going to pass out. Hubby was adamant that I get and eat the 12 piece - they are not big and when I saw the nutritional info I thought it might be close. Guess I overshot the packet info . I ate as slow as I could but I ate all of them. I will know next time!!!

Thank you!
creolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I have ordered the grilled chicken sandwich at Chick Fil-A and it has carbs 1g, sugar 2g, protein 21g, fat 2g calories 100. And I tell them not to give me the bun.
rhondamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good morning gals! Well, morning for me anyhow as breakfast was at 1pm. Work last night went well & I decided to do without the protein bar at 1 AM since I didn't feel so great for the whole day after last time. Felt much better this 'morning' and properly hungry for breakfast instead of feeling icky. The tough part will be figuring out 'dinner' because I will have my 'lunch' at my usual time with DH's supper 6:30ish. Then I leave for work at 8:30pm. Where am I going to stick in a dinner? I don't really feel like eating while I am at work and I do a lot of walking around on patrol at least 20 minutes every hour.

Suggestions anyone? Especially from other night workers? I get home at 4 am and don't want to eat then - I am just very tired and go straight to bed!

Liana

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but that's probably because it is - hahaha!

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-19-2014 at 04:27 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Are the Lifestyle 20 & ITG vitamins the same as the IP vitamins? I'm still digging though the posts, but wanted to get a quick idea so I can see if I should order those or not, or research more on other alternatives.
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

I was just putting my food into my fitness pal and noticed that a cucumber has 10 carbs?!?! What?!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote