Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #16  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Creolelady....Annie's right, if you can do the first week, you've got this! I was quite lucky and didn't have a lot of the terrible "keto flu" symptoms experienced by others. Maybe you're lucky too! I totally understand about rigidity - I choose IP specifically b/c I needed to relearn how to make choices as, clearly, I was not making good ones on my own!

Annie....Didn't get a chance to respond to yesterday's thread. I will praying that God lifts you up right now while you find a plan of action to get that thing out of where it doesn't belong!

PishPosh....Wahoo on a NSV! This past week I feel that I'm getting a lot more questions and comments, and though it feels almost a little over-the-top, it feels GREAT!

Had my first weigh-in in two weeks and was SUPER excited to see that I am now 140.7 lbs!!!! This puts me at the 30 lbs weight loss mark and pretty much 5 lbs to my goal. Yippee! My coach gave me the choice to move to Phase 2 and my next weigh-in (in two weeks), but I'm averaging only about 1.5 a week loss right now, so I think I will still be a little away from my goal in two weeks. But soon, soon, soon. I really do want to hit my 135 benchmark before the next phase, even if I lose a little more in P2, I would like to say that I hit my goal in P1.

Anyway, feeling excited and positive about the next few weeks!
Congrats!!! That is awesome. I can't imagine or wait until I get to 30lb loss...
Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190.4/150/150

Height: 5.4

Cool

I am on maintenance, but I still weigh in regularly with my IP Coach - but just today she told us that she can no longer sell individual IP packages, apparently the FDA and IP came down on all the clinics saying they cannot sell individual packets. This is terrible news, but I know a lot of you have always had to buy full boxes of IP products. My coach said she was "grandfathered" in prior to this. How do you all manage if you have to buy full boxes of all the products? I guess it is all in what you are used to, but I was buying a few of my favorites while I have been on maintenance. I guess Nashua Nutrition is looking better and better.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #18  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Creolelady....Annie's right, if you can do the first week, you've got this! I was quite lucky and didn't have a lot of the terrible "keto flu" symptoms experienced by others. Maybe you're lucky too! I totally understand about rigidity - I choose IP specifically b/c I needed to relearn how to make choices as, clearly, I was not making good ones on my own!

Annie....Didn't get a chance to respond to yesterday's thread. I will praying that God lifts you up right now while you find a plan of action to get that thing out of where it doesn't belong!

PishPosh....Wahoo on a NSV! This past week I feel that I'm getting a lot more questions and comments, and though it feels almost a little over-the-top, it feels GREAT!

Had my first weigh-in in two weeks and was SUPER excited to see that I am now 140.7 lbs!!!! This puts me at the 30 lbs weight loss mark and pretty much 5 lbs to my goal. Yippee! My coach gave me the choice to move to Phase 2 and my next weigh-in (in two weeks), but I'm averaging only about 1.5 a week loss right now, so I think I will still be a little away from my goal in two weeks. But soon, soon, soon. I really do want to hit my 135 benchmark before the next phase, even if I lose a little more in P2, I would like to say that I hit my goal in P1.

Anyway, feeling excited and positive about the next few weeks!
Congrats!!! that's awesome. I can't wait or even imagine having lost 30lbs
Old 07-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #19  
restart 5/27/14

I tried roasting cauliflower last night for the first time. I only made a few pieces in case I didn't like it. It was really good. I didn't think I would like it. I will probably make it again tonight for dinner. I am a little afraid to make it because I Make an olive oil dressing everyday for my lunch and don't want to go over my allowed oil.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Speaking of Hormones...

I take Quasense, a birth control pill where you (theoretically) only get your period every three months. My body has never been ok with that cycle, and would generally start after about two months. I just finished week six and have my TOM has started for the second time. I know this part is pretty normal.

My question is - is my birth control actually working? I take it for reasons other than pregnancy prevention but I do depend on it for that too. Should I be using backup? It seems like coaches should mention that if it's needed, it just makes me worry since it isn't controlling the timing of my periods as well as it normally does.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #21  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I tried roasting cauliflower last night for the first time. I only made a few pieces in case I didn't like it. It was really good. I didn't think I would like it. I will probably make it again tonight for dinner. I am a little afraid to make it because I Make an olive oil dressing everyday for my lunch and don't want to go over my allowed oil.
Roast cauliflower is delish! One way I do it to keep it moist and flavorful without EVOO is to use WF Italian dressing on it (I don't really like that flavor and have two extra bottles....recently realized it's really good as a marinade for grilling also). I just spray a sheet of foil with a little EVOO, put my cauliflower on, sprinkle generous garlic and a few dashed of the dressing, wrap it up and stick it on the grill. Mmmmmmm!

And thanks for the congrats....you will be at 30 lbs before you know it!

Last edited by evemomma; 07-16-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Notcoolenough, my coach warned me to use back up bc- a lot of IP babies have been born!

Last edited by Slipfree; 07-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jemma, I use olive oil Pam on my cauliflower. Tastes the same and the amount is minuscule.

Evamomma, you are so close! It was really important to me to hit my goal number too. If you are okay on Phase 1, I say stick with it. The pounds up and down during Phase 2 and 3 vary.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Congratulations Evemomma! That is awesome!

I'm in my second week and of course have been hungry again! hopefully it goes away at some point? I do have days though that I am not as hungry, but others it is really bad.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #25  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareeree View Post
I am on maintenance, but I still weigh in regularly with my IP Coach - but just today she told us that she can no longer sell individual IP packages, apparently the FDA and IP came down on all the clinics saying they cannot sell individual packets. This is terrible news, but I know a lot of you have always had to buy full boxes of IP products. My coach said she was "grandfathered" in prior to this. How do you all manage if you have to buy full boxes of all the products? I guess it is all in what you are used to, but I was buying a few of my favorites while I have been on maintenance. I guess Nashua Nutrition is looking better and better.
Had the same info given to me at my every other week weigh in today. She had a list of foods that have the nutritional info listed on them that she could still sell separately (maybe 6 total?.

I only buy a few things at this point as I use alternatives, so it just made my choices easier this week. Looks like a LOT of bbq chips and orange wafers are in the forecast.

I need to mix up my alternatives a little more though, as I am getting sick of EAS shakes and Proti Diet Oatmeal. May have to do some alternative products thread surfing today!

Last edited by evemomma; 07-16-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #26  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default S.o.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a great day!

In regards to the hair loss questions, my coach signed me up for Ideal Coaching TV at http://my.idealprotein.com/. One of the videos the other day was talking about hormones during weight loss. I don't remember all of the scientific terms but pretty much the gist of it was that our fat cells store hormones and when we lose weight those fat cells are depleted and the hormones are released into the body. Everyone's hormone levels are different, but some people experience the hairloss because they have an abundance of X hormone stored in the fat cells. The video said that the hairloss isn't a permanent issue, but I'll let the ladies that have been through the process give further information on the subject. I also feel like this is why some people want sexy time more/less while on this diet. Gotta love hormones....even in weight loss!!
I think I am loosing my mind this week. This is week 7 for me and I feel like a hormonal wreck. Apparently, the hormones that my fat cells were storing were not the good kind. I do not feel sexy. I am mean, upset, and could cry at the drop of a hat. My poor boyfriend. I am also on a birth control that is hormone based. I am sure that is not helping. Maybe I should send him this video to help explain but I hate that he always blames my moods on hormones. I guess there is some truth to it.

I spoke to my friend about how I was feeling yesterday and she said, "Oh honey, you need to eat some carbs." Thanks friend.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #27  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
I think I am loosing my mind this week. This is week 7 for me and I feel like a hormonal wreck. Apparently, the hormones that my fat cells were storing were not the good kind. I do not feel sexy. I am mean, upset, and could cry at the drop of a hat. My poor boyfriend. I am also on a birth control that is hormone based. I am sure that is not helping. Maybe I should send him this video to help explain but I hate that he always blames my moods on hormones. I guess there is some truth to it.

I spoke to my friend about how I was feeling yesterday and she said, "Oh honey, you need to eat some carbs." Thanks friend.
There is a science behind it!!! My emotions have been all over the place since the start of this diet. I try to remember that in life we all have ups and downs and to not let them get the best of me. I have found that I have been crying a lot more recently and it isn't that TOM, losing weight can be emotional!!

I had a friend try to make the same type of comment to me too. She said that I was obviously lacking nutrients on this diet and that it was affecting me mentally and physically. Actually....I feel great!! I just brushed that comment off. It is much easier when you have the support of your friends and family when you made a choice to better your life and take this life changing journey with IP. I have friends who have found great success (during the diet and keeping the weight off in maintenance) and that was just another reason I chose the IP protocol to get my weight off. I wish the naysayers would just keep comments like those to themselves.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #28  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:

This is week 7 for me too. I was just thinking last night about my hormones because I was having really bad hot flashes. Since I started Ip and stopped drinking wine they have been so much better. Before IP and on wine it was an all day event of flashing. Not sure if it's the IP or the no wine that has made them better. Anyway, this is the second time in seven weeks where I have had a couple days od bad flashes. I will take a few days over having all day long. I don't feel emotional though.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #29  
Evemomma

Quote:

Yes...the hormone-coaster is a pain!!!! I have had my share of grouchiness with this diet. I think some of this for me was also not having the old "stuff my feelings" tool of carbs/fatty food. The gift of P1 is figuring out how to tolerate those icky feelings and knowing that they will pass - and that I ALWAYS feel better when I choose health over junk in the long run. Hang in there and do something nice for yourself today....you deserve it!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Notcoolenough, my coach warned me to use back up bc- a lot of IP babies have been born!
Ugh. I did a google search and came across a 3FC thread on the topic which I'll bump up. I just don't WANT to use a back-up method (I say in a very whiny voice). BF and I have discussed having kids eventually and that it wouldn't be the worst thing if there were a surprise, but not exactly ready to be taking big chances. At least I know I'm ok for now - TOM started today.
Closed Thread