Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 7/10/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

So, Thursday mornings are my weigh ins, but my vacation threw everything a little off. I weighed in today and I am down 2lbs from the 7th, which puts me right at 7 pounds from my first real weigh in (6/25). And now I'm officially at 26 pounds of weight lost. I cannot believe it. I keep getting comments "you're melting!" and I'm so excited, but it just feels so fast. Staying OP works!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I am still struggling to get back OP and have found myself binge eating. I really need to come back for my daily dose of 3fC to keep motivated.

I was talking to a colleague and her and I are thinking if starting an office weight loss challenge, however there are only six of us at work, so we are thinking of bringing others in as well. I think it is just what I need; accountability, support and encouragement.

Hope everyone has a great day! Off to make my protein pancake!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
So, Thursday mornings are my weigh ins, but my vacation threw everything a little off. I weighed in today and I am down 2lbs from the 7th, which puts me right at 7 pounds from my first real weigh in (6/25). And now I'm officially at 26 pounds of weight lost. I cannot believe it. I keep getting comments "you're melting!" and I'm so excited, but it just feels so fast. Staying OP works!!!
Congrats to you! It does seem to just melt off doesn't it?
Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #5  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Think Thin Thursday: If you’re not great at self-care, you’re likely going to be vulnerable to turning to food when you get stressed or upset because you won’t have other ways of calming down or soothing yourself. It’s important to build other means of comfort and stress-relief into your life so you have other things to turn to besides food.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #6  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone. I am still struggling to get back OP and have found myself binge eating. I really need to come back for my daily dose of 3fC to keep motivated.

I was talking to a colleague and her and I are thinking if starting an office weight loss challenge, however there are only six of us at work, so we are thinking of bringing others in as well. I think it is just what I need; accountability, support and encouragement.

Hope everyone has a great day! Off to make my protein pancake!
The ladies I work with are always dieting including me. It does help a lot because we all eat lunch together and we call each other out if someone decides to eat something we shouldn't. I work in a kitchen and we get free lunch, Anything we want. Although we have a fantastic salad bar I was guilty of making the most fattening salad I could. There are too many bad things to eat. On the other hand being around a bunch of people that eat anything at will with no consequence was very hard. I had this mind set that " oh, so and so is eating bad so I can too". I am off for the summer and am not exposed to all that temptations. It will be a real challenge when we return to stay OP.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

People around you really do influence don't they. I went to a movie the other night and was ready to stay on track though I didn't have anything IP on me but we had just eaten. Anyway she kept saying, it's just popcorn, everyone eats popcorn at movie. I gave in and gained a pound. She's moving away tomorrow so no more influence there as much I love her.

So to make a long story short I followed Lisa's advice and picked up Beck's Diet Solution to learn better strategies!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #8  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

How do you guys use the potato puree packet? I got one packet this week to try it out but I'd like to eat it with my chicken dinner. Would you do that and then just skip your snack packet?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
You go!! It is so exciting to be "melting". I am still amazed at how fast the weight comes off. And the kicker is I'm not starving all the time! Let's do it!!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

It's amazing how the body works. Most of the time I am not hungry, I no longer obsess over food! But sometimes for reasons I can't quite figure out I am STARVING!! lol the good thing is, even when I am starving, I am not wanting "bad" food. I am satisfied with veggies and meat.

I went to the grocery store after work yesterday and I picked up some mushrooms, I couldn't wait to get home and saute them for dinner!!! lol who would have ever believed that out of all things I would be excited to eat mushrooms?!! As I was walking down the isles I was just amazed that I did not find the usual junk foods appealing. Not at all. That is a wonderful feeling that I never hope to lose.

Strange thing is, this week I am not hungry and I seem to be losing at a good rate, hopped on my scale and was down 4 lbs, we'll see what it is at the official weigh in tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning IPeeps.

Beautiful day in upstate NY and lots of fresh veggies at the Farmer's Market!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #12  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Think Thin Thursday: If you’re not great at self-care, you’re likely going to be vulnerable to turning to food when you get stressed or upset because you won’t have other ways of calming down or soothing yourself. It’s important to build other means of comfort and stress-relief into your life so you have other things to turn to besides food.
What an important point this is!!!! I had REALLY gotten in the habit of only 'treating' myself with food: Starbucks, chips, sweets....you name it! I still struggle to find other ways b/c I get so little down time as a working momma with two kiddos. So tempting to just shove a cupcake in your mouth and call it "me time" (lol!). Note: not that I am doing this anymore, but maybe a Quest bar shove here and there, which is not a long term solution, is it? As much as I love summer and having my kiddos home, I am looking forward to school and a little more structure.

Last edited by evemomma; 07-10-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning all. I have my WI tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. Hoping for good results.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Love this!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning all. I have my WI tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. Hoping for good results.
Good luck!! I have my first weigh in tomorrow morning also at 9:15. Hoping for good results also. I think I will get them according to my home scale. First week hasn't been too bad at all, there were days when I got hungry, but it seems to be getting better now.
Closed Thread