Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #31  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good afternoon everyone.
I have been 100% OP since January 16 and have lost 80 lbs. As of tomorrow when I go see my coach I will start Phase 2. Not because I have reached my goal but because I am phasing off for Aug. Consider it a trial to live in maintenance (which scares me) I will start back in Sept 100% OP, to continue to goal. I do have some personal reasons I am doing this but nothing serious, so no worries
I will still be here during Aug of course, just looking for any advice from our senior IPers.
Thank you in advance.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

Such a great conversation today. Goal setting has been a struggle because having never really been slim 180 felt really good. Then I shifted to 170 and now dr would like 160-165. I think I can do that. All but 1 more pound of weight from Mexico trip to lose still.

I just too my daughter to a natural path to help her with some food sensitivities. I told her about losing 130lbs - 110 on IP. She was familiar with the program and suggested a after phasing off doing juicing 3x a day and 3 vegan protein drinks for a week to replace lost minerals and help the body reset from IP. She also suggested in maintenance to stay away from crabs, sugar and milk. Not to say that you couldn't have one day of carb but not 6 days of it.
What do people think if have heard about this.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 195/156.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am very interested in juicing in maintenance. I have a SIL that juices everyday with veggies and a little fruit every day but she is naturally thin and I am worried about drinking calories and the carbs. I totally agree with limiting carbs and avoiding sugar in maintenance. I think I will have to - I just don't think my body handles them well. I can pretty much say I was/am addicted to food and the difference in cravings and appetite on low carb plus a lot of other benefits - I don't think it will be worth it to go back.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #34  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I have a friend who has a "greens" shake every day to get all the vitamins and nutrients but she says it tastes awful. I wonder tho' if it has less sugar in it. I would be worried about the amount of sugar in juices. We have just spent all this time resetting the pancreas and working on insulin issues, drinking juices seems counter-productive to me in a way. But that is not a researched opinion...just my 'thunks'
Old 07-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #35  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Anyone have someone in "real-life" say that IP doesn't work? I've had someone recently say this and it actually pissed me off. Pissed me off because I've been around this person socially and know that they have made poor food choices and have not been following it 100%. Here they are going out and having cheat days and then misrepresenting this diet and ultimately it's potential results. It works if you work it, is really what it comes down to.

This is also someone that also pushes you to make poor food choices and try to sabotage your effots. No thanks! Sabotage yourself, I'm not having it.
DH tried the diet for 10 days, 100% and lost 1 pound. He still supports me 100% but he doesn't feel it will work for everyone. I'm sure if he went to a good coach they could have helped him figure it out but I had no idea what to tell him to do differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Hi ladies,

Such a great conversation today. Goal setting has been a struggle because having never really been slim 180 felt really good. Then I shifted to 170 and now dr would like 160-165. I think I can do that. All but 1 more pound of weight from Mexico trip to lose still.

I just too my daughter to a natural path to help her with some food sensitivities. I told her about losing 130lbs - 110 on IP. She was familiar with the program and suggested a after phasing off doing juicing 3x a day and 3 vegan protein drinks for a week to replace lost minerals and help the body reset from IP. She also suggested in maintenance to stay away from crabs, sugar and milk. Not to say that you couldn't have one day of carb but not 6 days of it.
What do people think if have heard about this.
I just finished watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Very interesting. I don't think I could do it. I have trouble eating veggies. Don't think I could drink them but there is a lot of evidence in how good it is for you.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I have a friend who has a "greens" shake every day to get all the vitamins and nutrients but she says it tastes awful. I wonder tho' if it has less sugar in it. I would be worried about the amount of sugar in juices. We have just spent all this time resetting the pancreas and working on insulin issues, drinking juices seems counter-productive to me in a way. But that is not a researched opinion...just my 'thunks'

I went through a green smoothie phase a while back. The only way I could make them palatable was to add fruits. And that is where all the carbs were. Mango, banana, peach and apples added the most sweetness. No wonder I didn't lose weight when I did that. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and thought I can do that. I'll lose weight just like that guy. NOT.

Straight juicing of vegetables is gross. Tried that too.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #37  
Diane on track July 2014

Mind Games: I applied for a job last Friday -- same day as all the house deals were going through. With all the changes of the move I decided I didn't want the job and I almost emailed them to tell them but DH said just to wait and see if they offered it first. Well they didn't. And now I'm bummed. When it was ME in control and deciding that I didn't want the job, I was totally fine with it. But that "insecure" thing crept up and I'm sitting here battling with the "why wasn't I good enough" crap .... You all know me well enough by now to know I AM good enough, and a pretty easy going person. It's all just part of that mental "insecurity" battle we all are still fighting. I think I need something to deal with the little that's playing havoc with my emotions. Maybe I'll try this...

Does anyone remember the Saturday Night Live skit several years ago, where that "self-help" guy would look in the mirror and say "I'm Guy Smiley -- I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and Gosh Darn It, people like me!"... That mental image has already cheered me up!

EDIT: OMG Guy Smiley is from Sesame Street! It was "Stuart Smalley"... mixed my childhood up with my youth...lol

Last edited by IP43; 07-08-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yeah, Guy Smiley was the 'talk show/game show host' on Sesame street right? I remember that. Good laugh!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Whew, made it through Day 1 of my restart, feeling quite hungry, but glad I resisted temptation to stray from the plan. Looking forward to getting into ketosis so the hunger will die down!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #40  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Okay, today was the first time I've completely lost my appetite. I was really tired after work and sleep through my normal dinner time and when I woke I wasn't hungry. So I just had a hot chocolate packet. Is it okay to substitute a packet if your not hungry at dinner time? I did eat 1/2 of my dinner protein at lunch in my vegetable purée. It was very feeling.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #41  
Diane on track July 2014

MrPhillips -- it's important to get those veggies in too (do I sound like your mother LOL) Tomorrow be sure to eat yer greens!
Too FEW calories will cause a stall too so you don't want to skip too much eating.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #42  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Was so hungry after dinner. I really wanted to cheat. In my mind I rationalized it down to an unrestricted packet. But I held out - no cheating! Still 100%! I better go to bed before my willpower erodes.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #43  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Default Ip43

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
MrPhillips -- it's important to get those veggies in too (do I sound like your mother LOL) Tomorrow be sure to eat yer greens!
Too FEW calories will cause a stall too so you don't want to skip too much eating.
Thanks, I'm going to make sure to take something a little lighter for tomorrows lunch maybe some Kale Chips and protein bar. That way I might be more hungry again in the evening. I will definitely try to get in all of my vegetables and foods again tomorrow. I don't mind the extra mother! Mine lives hundreds of miles away and rarely speak to her now of days.

Thanks,
Michelle
Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #44  
Diane on track July 2014

Lots of people put the spinach in their shakes, but I passed on a tip to put frozen kale in instead-- the freezing makes it just crumble into the shake with no chunks. If you don't have time for chips, go for the green shake

Enjoy the respite -- the hungries will hit another day. I'm having one today too - (due in part that I didn't eat all my veggies either = pot calling the kettle black or whatever that expression is! I'll eat my veggies tomorrow too! )
Old 07-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #45  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Ahhh, got it Posh! Initial Goal & Final Goal. I guess I have difficulty understanding because I wasn't overweight up until just a few years ago, but if a person doesn't have the experience of a healthy (for them) adult weight, it must be hard to know what a goal weight might feel like or look like. Well, hang in there and you will reach your goal in no time! I think you are doing great!
Liana

That still leaves the question of why so many feel they should phase off all the time & then 'restart' again for what seems to me, every little thing... Ideally (no pun intended) we should only have to do that once...no?
It's an interesting question. For me personally, this diet is expensive and I'm a bean counter so I budget for everything! I never considered phasing off early for vacation or the wedding I attended in Bahamas or my birthday or the big end of busy season party (this Saturday!). My coach also never suggested it. She gave me strategies for the wedding and we discussed options for eating out etc. Having said that I've 'only' been doing the diet since Jan 1. I might have had a totally different perspective if I was doing it for longer and if I had a big vacation planned in the middle of it. The thought of having to restart again and it taking 3-4 days to get into Ketosis is very off-putting. I give credit to those who can phase off for their vacay and then still come back. That, to me, takes some pretty good mental strength.
Closed Thread