Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #106  

Height: 5 '6

Good afternoon everyone... today is a good day How wonderful to feel in control!! Its sometimes hard to be honest on here but I figure it will be a struggle whether I'm losing or maintaining so I'd better go somewhere for support and this is where I get it so here I am!!

I still run into the odd person who hasn't seen me in a long time and their reaction reminds me of how far I've come! I never feel like I'm going to give up or throw in the towel so I'm thankful for that... I just had a little relapse with the chocolate and well.... its the devil!! Back on track now... I can't remember what blog I read it on but it basically said it doesn't matter how many times you fall down... the key is to keep getting up!! Hope you all had a good weekend

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-20-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hiker- I like your attitude! I agree coming here during good and bad times is the whole point of Newbies. We are human and therefore perfection is just an option for very few. I am glad that it is a good day.

So today is my "free meal" and I went to the restaurant that I spent my Nov. Birthday at on Phase 1. Other than wine, I had a compliant Phase 4 fat meal. Salad and seared tuna with a vinegar slaw including tomato and a few Kalamata olives. Still ordered no mashed potatoes and had no bread. But... I fully intended on having dessert- and there was nothing on the menu that appealed to me. To be honest, I was disappointed. Guess the fates intervened and my scale will be happier for the help.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #108  

A lady I've known for years always gives me canning from her garden so yesterday I brought her a case of empty canning jars to make up for all the ones I had never returned.. that turned out to be a good gesture as I came home with beet greens, swiss chard and some onions... they greens were sooo good... very motivating for me to build a raised garden next year! Nothing beets fresh vegis

Yesterday was a great day for eating and my head is in a good place again so here goes... September 3rd will be my one year anniversary of IP and I will make up my mind whether I want to phase off when I hit a certain weight or just pick a date and phase off... I'm trying not to get hung up on a number but just work on being 80 pounds lighter than last year.... I don't need to be skinny... just healthy!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-21-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just got back yesterday, going thru the posts. Lots I want to say, LOL.

Kawaii: Your dress shopping really hit home for me. When I went dress shopping a couple of weeks ago I totally felt weird shopping in the "normal" sizes. DD's and I were in the store 3 hours trying on dresses until I finally found one I liked and the owner liked on me. A year ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you thought I would be shopping in non plus sizes.
Great job breaking thru the plateau! You can do this!

Slip: I printed out your post from Maile's blog. Good thing to read in maintenance I am sure. Your yard looks beautiful, hope you are getting to sit and enjoy it. I had to laugh at you being disappointed in not finding a dessert that liked good enough to order. Is that not a huge NSV? If you are like me I would have ordered something anyway. Good for you, there will always be next time.

Kooky: Congrats on maintenance!! I am sure you will do great.

Hiker: So glad you are back and going to the wedding. Don't give up, you are so close. We can do this together. I find it hard to come here and tell my mistakes but that is because I don't want to disappoint all my "friends" on here. But I find that I need to come here and confess, you guys are always supportive and help me get back on track. Great attitude, not skinny, just healthy!

Liana: Had to laugh at your "roll 'em up and stuff 'em in the cups comment." My friend said her boobs look like 2 tennis balls at the end of sport socks! Makes me laugh.

Hawaii: The bike trip sounds like fun, and so much easier then last year I am sure. I always thought summer would be easier to lose weight/maintain but I am finding it harder. I will try not to be surprised next summer. LOL

So my vacation was good, lots of visiting with my family. I am up 8.8lbs this morning. I am not stressing about it. I know how it happened and I know it will come off again. I am back OP this morning and motivated to get to goal by my anniversary of Oct 16th. Still not sure what my "goal" weight will be yet, thinking between 140-145. I will figure it out along the way. Glad to be back. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #110  

Thanks Want2B, such great feedback, I appreciate it I still haven't had a chance to catch up on my reading... I really need to go see if I can find photos of Slip's garden! When I have some spare time at work my work computer freezes on the 3FC's sight. I've tried clearing my 'cookies' etc.. but can't figure out how to fix the problem...

FYI: I'm on salary and work well over 40 hours a week so I'm allowed to check 3FC's when I have time.. don't want you to think I'm slacking! LOL!

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-21-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #111  

Hi all,

Welcome back Want2b! Glad that you had fun.
Hiker, glad that you had a great food day yesterday. One year, just think how much your body/health has changed in that time. We are a strong and determined group of women!!!!

Phase 1 day for me to make up for my free day. Really did not mind it. Had lunch with a friend from Mississippi, shrimp cocktail, house salad with lemon and olive oil for dressing. Still using the IP strategies to get through a lot of social occasions. Checking menus ahead of time, formulating a food plan before going and only indulging for a joyous reason. (Which helped w/ the dessert Want2b. Usually, they have really unique choices like homemade basil ice cream w/ strawberries. Last night, just an average selection- so I repeated Hawaii's mantra, "sugar is the Devil"
Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #112  

Wow! After a lot of reading on the October thread... I'm glad to say I had another successful day...

I was trying to catch up on everyone's posts and it really made me appreciate this thread and the support I receive! What a journey we've been on with different types of struggles but there's been success!

Slip: You truly have been the glue that keep us coming back!

Kawaii: I continue to be in awe thinking of your journey...

Luccilove: lots of changes for you but you continue to persevere

Kooky: Love your realistic posts!

Want2B: Your continued support is much appreciated!

Hawaii: Thanks for continually mentioning what everyone is saying here on the October thread... brought me back!

Canadjineh: always enjoy your tidbits!!

Thanks everyone... you have made this journey much easier (not saying it was easy... just eas.. ier!) and I enjoy all your support!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-21-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
"I find it hard to come here and tell my mistakes but that is because I don't want to disappoint all my "friends" on here. But I find that I need to come here and confess, you guys are always supportive and help me get back on track. Great attitude, not skinny, just healthy!

Liana: Had to laugh at your "roll 'em up and stuff 'em in the cups comment." My friend said her boobs look like 2 tennis balls at the end of sport socks! Makes me laugh."
Want2b: thank you for admitting this. I've been feeling this way for weeks! My losses have slowed down now and I feel like I'm "not doing enough to be motivational and the inspiration that you all keep saying I am." Hope that didn't sound as pretentious as I really think it did... But just in case it did, I've always felt a bit uncomfortable with the commentary, because my brain hasn't caught up to the changes my body is going through. I don't like admitting the sad mental stuff... But that's not fair to all of you wonderful ladies.

So now, I swear that good day or bad... I'll still check in on everyone and not be afraid to freely share what's going on in my life (and place)..

Re: liana's boob comment... My daughter told me I no longer have girl boobs... Mine are so loose and floppy and droopy that I qualify as having "old man moobs"... Now grant... This IS coming from an 18 year old...
Old 07-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hi all--

Just a quick check in. I have been slammed with the house stuff. It is very hard to keep on IP while running back in forth. Sometimes I have to go to a Ruby Tuesdays for lunch and eat my 4 cups there for the salad bar. It is hard though. Some days I don't eat lunch until 3pm - that is not good. I will admit some days I do cheat a little. I am hanging in but on a thread!

I barely have time to prep. I am hoping in about 2 weeks stuff should get back to a little more normal. I really am sick of IP. One of my coaches think I should phase off at 170 not sure.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #115  

Nice to see everyone!

I care about all of you. I want each one of us to make it to maintenance and sustain our losses. The work it takes to shed the burden of being overweight is hard both mentally and physically, it takes a focus that is hard to sustain alone. We have built a support system here. What is the point if it is only during the easy times?

No one expects perfection. We are all a work in progress. Each of us has a similar journey but in reality, we are all bringing different life experiences along on the path. While I think it is important to provide support to each other, the motivation to change our lives comes from within.

As I stated to Hiker earlier, we are strong determined women. Fall 6 times, get up 7.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #116  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

I've decided to take a break and went on Phase 2 this week. I've been pretty much 100% for 10 months now but I think it's time for a change. I'm not at an ideal weight by most people's standards but the protocol is getting very hard for me to do any more. I've lost most of my hair (but am wearing a beautiful wig that I love) but other than that I feel great and look a lot better than when I started.

I don't know whether to go onto Phase 3 in another week or just stay on Phase 2 for a while & then see if I can go back to Phase 1 again. I am only 30 pounds from my goal but I am afraid I'll crash and go bezerk before then.

I'm still in the deciding stage right now and welcome any recommendations.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
I've decided to take a break and went on Phase 2 this week. I've been pretty much 100% for 10 months now but I think it's time for a change. I'm not at an ideal weight by most people's standards but the protocol is getting very hard for me to do any more. I've lost most of my hair (but am wearing a beautiful wig that I love) but other than that I feel great and look a lot better than when I started.

I don't know whether to go onto Phase 3 in another week or just stay on Phase 2 for a while & then see if I can go back to Phase 1 again. I am only 30 pounds from my goal but I am afraid I'll crash and go bezerk before then.

I'm still in the deciding stage right now and welcome any recommendations.
You have lost an amazing amount of weight Peppergirl! You have been so strong to stay with your plan. Much of the mental work has already been done! Another option you may find useful is the Diabetic or Alternative Phases (not P1 using alternatives but an actual IP plan). This includes 1 low fat dairy serving, 1 starch/grain serving, and 1 fruit serving a day. It may be just what you need to get out of a 'slump' and shake things up a bit with other food choices. Do what is best for your health, but check with your coach about this first to give yourself another possibility to still continue to goal (albeit at bit slower than the regular P1). Who knows, it may even help with hair regrowth as it is a bit higher in calories and nutrients than regular P1.

PS: I love wigs and have several in all lengths, colours and cuts just for fun. I think it all started with my mom and aunt in the late 60's, early 70's - they both had what were called postiches (pos-teesh-es) which were curly buns that sat overtop of your own bun to make your updo more dramatic. I remember loving those hairdos.

Liana
Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #118  

Good morning everyone! Early day for me, with it being holiday season I get to fill in on certain tasks and today it involved getting to the shop before 6:15am. I will have to sneak home early today and mow my lawn! I will be on the road today so my snack is packed, my restaurant meal is planned.... I'm good to go!

Your success is amazing peppergirl, I'm sure you will figure out what will work for you at this time.

Have a great day

Last edited by Hiker88; 07-22-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Lucci: Hang in there, 2 weeks will go by fast. Remember that life is going to get crazy once we are in maintenance as well, we need to learn how to deal with that too. Hugs.

Slip: You are right the motivation does come from within. Each one of us is doing this for us, we all deserve a pat on the back.

64peppergirl: I have been doing P2 since I started(no clinic close by) so I have lost all my weight on P2. So of course my recommendation would be to stay on P2 for longer then 2 weeks and see what happens. I think the key is to cook extra protein so you are not always having to cook.

Hiker: Hope you can have a little down time later since you had such and early morning.

Slip is right we are not just a support system in the easy times. We are all here for each other no matter what. The hard times are when we need the support more, and we are all willing to give it to each other. We have built an amazing support system so far, for good times and bad, even if the struggle of the day is not weight loss related.

Back on plan yesterday resulted in a huge headache for me! It is gone now, just another reminder that my body doesn't like crap.
We got our puppy yesterday! Her name is Bella and she is a 7week old black minpin/Chihuahua. She is smaller than I was expecting, but loves to play. Our family has never had a pet so having a puppy is going to be an adventure! LOL
Old 07-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #120  

Good day all,

Pretty happy with the scale today, right at goal weight. TOM is done, so it should go a little below soon. And, I finally got some good sleep,

My Canadian friends, how is your weather? Are you in the polar vortex area or the heat and humidity. We have been on the cooler side this week, but they say that the temps and humidity are on the rise. Must say, that I have not turned the portable AC on even one time this summer. Thanks IP!

Small chores today and some relaxing. Have decided that I am not leaving the house today. Need some quiet time.

Want2b- yay for that cute puppy!

Hiker- you are a hard worker! Early to work and mowing the lawn.

Peppergirl, sorry that you are feeling the struggle. I think that you have IP fatigue. After all your hard work though, I would be cautious. Maybe try the alternative IP plan or stick with Phase 2. Many people that have taken a break have difficulty getting back to 100%. Have you tried switching up your recipes and IP snacks?
Closed Thread