Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #46  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay so this morning when I first woke up I was experiencing really bad dizziness and the room would spin as I'd roll over in bed. I laid there for awhile, but now it's happened several times since. Just now I was reaching up for something on top of my fridge and I got very dizzy and nauseous. I stopped reaching, stood still and it subsided, but then when I went to close the fridge and walk away it came again. It's happened a few other times today. When I was at Walmart I checked my blood pressure on the machine and it was 118/81 which is just a few numbers into the higher side. I've never had blood pressure problems doesn't make sense that I would now.
I had a bout of vertigo a few years ago- this is exactly how I felt. Went to the doctor and they gave me Dramamine, which didn't really help. Thankfully it resolved itself after a few days.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #47  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
It is very possible it is stress related. Stress can do all sorts of things to your body that manifests as physical symptoms. Your stress levels over the last few months have been very high!! Also your eating lately has not been what you need to sustain your daily health.

Try to get back on plan as completely as you can. But of course if the symptoms persist, see your doctor ( maybe get a prescription for a cruise!!)

Yes it could be, I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow just in case, I almost past out at water aerobics when I put my head backward.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #48  
AmberLS

One NSV and one sort of scale victory but not in the traditional sense. SO NSV asked a friend if I could borrow a pair of her 14's I felt like I might be close. She brought me 3 14's a 13 and a 12 (probably a larger type) and they all fit!!! The 13's were tightest I think because they might be juniors pants but they fit! Yay for a new size... now to find money since I just spent a couple hundred on 16's lol.

So the scale victory, I was at they gym for water aerobics and it's the end of the day, they have one of those quality scales with the sliding bars like doctors usually (well used to) have. For the first time ever, even at the end of the day I didn't have to put the bottom bar on 200 and work up... According to that scale I was 197... it was almost better than when I saw it on my home scale I guess cause I feel those scales are more accurate.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #49  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

So, I'm back. I took a month off, and have done very well maintaining, but I am ready to be back on plan and starting weight loss back up! I hope ya'll except me back, and keep me motivated! Can't wait to see how everyone is doing!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Amber-definitely sounds like vertigo to me. You could try Claritin or Zyrtec until you see your doctor, maybe. And congrats! Those are awesome achievements, esp with everything you are dealing with
Old 06-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So, I'm back. I took a month off, and have done very well maintaining, but I am ready to be back on plan and starting weight loss back up! I hope ya'll except me back, and keep me motivated! Can't wait to see how everyone is doing!
Soooo glad to see you... I was JUST wondering when we would hear from you. Congrats on maintaining AND for getting back into weight loss mode again!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:33 PM   #52  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
To those of you that have families to cook for, how do you handle it? I am doing it but sometimes it kills me. My son wanted a grilled cheese for lunch today. usually I try to cook things quickly and just walk away while they eat. Today while waiting for my son to get out of the wheelchair, I'm standing there looking at that yummy grilled cheese sandwich. I told him if he didn't hurry I was going to shove it in my mouth. He knew I was kidding and we both laughed but it really did kill me. I try to tell myself " I don't eat like that anymore" and move on. If I don't linger in it I don't miss it.
Good job for not taking a bite! Since starting IP I have less junk food in the house. I do let the kids have treats, but only things that I know I can resist. My MIL left some amazing cookies a few weeks ago. I was fine the first day, but on the second day I told my kids they had to be gone before I got back in from the garden. My will power was fading so whatever was left when I got back I was going to throw out. Actually ended up tossing 1/2 a cookie.

The other thing I do is eat when I am tempted. Once I have an IP food I'm no longer hungry, and the temptation fades.

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #53  
AmberLS

Okay new discovery. I bought some Dasani sparkling water with all natural berry flavor, no sugar, no carbs, no fat, nothing in it.. it basically tasted like plain tonic water, but I added some cherry/blackcherry mio... and voila almost tastes like cheating with a soda... only better cause I'm not a soda drinker. New summer evening refreshment. Just hope the carbonation doesn't make me bloated.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #54  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My thoughts to all dealing with difficulties and disappointments.

Those things make taking care of ourselves even harder. But if we don't do it, nobody will!

I've heard many times: If I have a problem and I eat over it (or engage in other self destructive behaviors) then I have 2 problems.

Wishing everyone peace and comfort today
Nice sentiment, Lisa. Thanks
Closed Thread