Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #16  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
WI today, week 5, down 2.5. I'll take it!
Woohoo! Go Kelly!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #17  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

Friday Weekend Warm-up: It’s likely you’ll encounter lots of food this weekend, and it’s true that if you want to lose weight, you probably can’t eat it all. But remember, when you say “no” to something, you’re saying “yes” to other things. When you say “no” to extra food, you’re saying “yes” to losing weight, being on track, feeling proud of yourself, and so much more.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Back home after spending two days at UCLA with my son. His surgery was successful, thank goodness..
Jemma, I am so glad it went well and he is recovering. It sounds like you did the best amazing staying OP which is awesome given the situation you were in.

Kelly - Way to go on a great loss

Notcoolenough - I laughed out loud about you thinking everyone on this sight had cancer with the "big C" reference.

Evemomma - thank you for the support. I am sure you will get into that bra in no time at all.

I had my WI and was down 4.5lbs, I knew I was having a good week and could feel my body changing. I love that my coaches scale is lower that my scale at home
Old 06-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

My Amazon order also included Proti Diet Maple Oatmeal (in the big tub). The directons say "two scoops" mix into 4-5 oz of water BUT I don't see a scoop included. I tried to measure out 25 g (which is what the 2 scoops are) but my little scale isn't sensitive enough. Anyone have suggestions so I can get proper portion control. Today, I just started with 4 oz of water and added to make the consistency that I'm used to seeing from the pre-measured packets.

Have a FAB day everyone!!!!
Dig DEEP ... The scoop IS usually buried an inch or two down. I use this product several times per week at least and have bought several tubs over time. It is always buried! I saved my first scoop and use that till I dig out the new one!

I also change up,how I make mine.. I add a bit more water than they say and then micro 30 sec. Stir 30 secs stir and one or two more times. The microwave cooks it better and is smoother and creamier. If you like a thick oatmeal, the. Stick with the directions.

I also use it to make muffins, cookies, pancakes and cake to top rhubarb!

Last edited by JLUS; 06-20-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Dig DEEP ... The scoop IS usually buried an inch or two down. I use this product several times per week at least and have bought several tubs over time. It is always buried! I saved my first scoop and use that till I dig out the new one!

I also change up,how I make mine.. I add a bit more water than they say and then micro 30 sec. Stir 30 secs stir and one or two. Ore times. The microwave cooks it better and is smoother and creamier. If you like a thick oatmeal, the. Stick with the directions.

I also use it to make muffins, cookies, pancakes and cake to top rhubarb!
Thanks Laurie...I'll really get in there!!!! I KWYM about 'saving' the scoop...I used to do that with my laundry detergent.

I'll have to try your variation of on the oatmeal. I was a little disapppointed in it, as I have had the PD cinnamon oatmeal and liked it quite a bit. This one seems more gummy. I did just spy a recipe using it as a topping for rhubarb also and happen to HAVE some rhubarb I'm needing to use, so that is perfect.

Is there a certain recipe thread you remember that listed the uses for oatmeal? I'm sure if I google, I'll probably find a few. I did just get some potato puree IP packs at my last weigh in that I'm looking forward to using to make "bread-ish" type things. I don't miss salty or sweet treats at all (mostly because there are so many good replacements for these in the IP and alt packs). But I DO miss bread. At least now I've learned that I need to think of a big huge chunk of crusty sourdough as the same way I would think of a big heaping slice of cheesecake = sugar, sugar, sugar!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #21  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I haven't been sleeping well since I got back from vacation I haven't been sleeping well, of course I came home from a wonderful vacation to the same ongoing stuff causing grief and problems in my house. In addition spending the week with my SO only to have to go back to missing him again made it hard. I don't think I even got 2 total hours last night and I certainly didn't get any consecutive hours, pretty much the same the 2 nights before, but it's starting to wear me out. My kids don't really let me nap, too little for that so I'm hoping bed time comes fast. I'm too tired to get up and prepare myself lunch even... trying to figure out how I want to eat my lunch veggies that won't take me any work lol, good thing I have leftover salmon for dinner.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks Laurie...I'll really get in there!!!! I KWYM about 'saving' the scoop...I used to do that with my laundry detergent.

I'll have to try your variation of on the oatmeal. I was a little disapppointed in it, as I have had the PD cinnamon oatmeal and liked it quite a bit. This one seems more gummy. I did just spy a recipe using it as a topping for rhubarb also and happen to HAVE some rhubarb I'm needing to use, so that is perfect.

Is there a certain recipe thread you remember that listed the uses for oatmeal? I'm sure if I google, I'll probably find a few. I did just get some potato puree IP packs at my last weigh in that I'm looking forward to using to make "bread-ish" type things. I don't miss salty or sweet treats at all (mostly because there are so many good replacements for these in the IP and alt packs). But I DO miss bread. At least now I've learned that I need to think of a big huge chunk of crusty sourdough as the same way I would think of a big heaping slice of cheesecake = sugar, sugar, sugar!
I am not very creative so I use the same recipe with slight variations for just about everything! Cake, cookies, muffins, pancakes/waffles...

One dry packet (sweet or savory depending on what I am making) of choice in the bowl, with 1/2 tsp baking powder and one egg white. I may add appropriate spices, extracts, instant coffee, etc (I have even been known to add a tsp of cocoa). Then I add water for the consistency I need: thick for cakes/muffins, slightly thinner to drop as cookies or for waffles, thinner yet to get pancake consistency.

For the rhubarb, I stew it first. I use WF jelly as my sweetener which also helps it set up thicker. After stewed, I put one serving in a small baking dish sprayed with Pam and top with the oatmeal cake batter. I bake it at 350 for about 12-18 mins depending on size of dish and thickness of batter. Oatmeal cake/muffins tend to be a little "musher" inside than thinner packets, so I bake as long as I can w/o burning!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #23  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

We are finally getting settled in at home - the big long trip is over! It's nice to be cooking in my own kitchen again.

I weighed in today, and I'm down another 4 lbs! This means that I'm about 1/3 done!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Default Bread-like products

So far I have been disappointed after many attempts at bread-like products from the potato puree. If anyone has tips beyond those in the recipe threads, I'd love to hear them.

Last night I made perfect English muffins finally (after at least a dozen attempts.) I started with Rainbow's recipe but often found the texture wasn't what I was looking for once they cooled. I was so thrilled last night that I actually ate both of them instead of saving one like I usually do.

1 whole egg
1/4 tsp salt
3/8 tsp baking powder
1 T milk
1 packet pancake mix (I use HealthSmart Golden Delicious)

Mix all ingredients. Divide between 2 egg rings in a pan on very low heat. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. When they are firm enough to remove from the rings, turn over and cook for a few more minutes.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #25  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=Jenny38;5027269]Jemma, I am so glad it went well and he is recovering. It sounds like you did the best amazing staying OP which is awesome given the situation you were in.

Kelly - Way to go on a great loss

Notcoolenough - I laughed out loud about you thinking everyone on this sight had cancer with the "big C" reference.

Evemomma - thank you for the support. I am sure you will get into that bra in no time at all.

I had my WI and was down 4.5lbs, I knew I was having a good week and could feel my body changing. I love that my coaches scale is lower that my scale at home [/QUOTe

Thank you so much.
4.5 lbs is fantastic. Congrats!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #26  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Here' s a glimpse into the life of a small-town pastor: we are hosting an outdoor BBQ event tomorrow at the church and are worried about having enough shade. So I called my buddy who owns one of the funeral homes in town and am meeting his guys this morning to show them where to set up the two tents he is lending us! Hey, it's cheaper than renting! I love this crazy life sometimes! ....
Well your business and his business sometimes overlap so I'm sure he doesn't mind helping you out.That is the joy of a small town. Have fun at the BBQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Back home after spending two days at UCLA with my son. His surgery was successful, thank goodness. I managed to stay OP but probably didn't get as much water in as I should. It wasn't my focus. I was so focussed on him I just tried my best. Now that we are home I am still completely focussed on keeping him comfortable and safe. I had to set my alarm to check on him and give meds for every two hours last night. I am exhausted but can nap today when he sleeps. It's so difficult being without my husband in these situations but I'm a tough momma. Need to find time today to get to the store for veggies and meat of some kind.
Glad to hear all is well for your son. Maybe when you check on him to give him his meds, you can take a cup of water... soon you won't need an alarm to wake you as your bladder will do it for you! It might help you get in that H20 tho'
We'll keep sending prayers your way -- for strength for both of you
Old 06-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #27  
Started IP 4/27/14

S/C/G: 195/170/160

Height: 5'9

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I have already logged in an EXTRA 20 hours of overtime this week...I am pooped! But I didn't have any slip ups! One more week of Phase 2, then on to Phase 3! So excited!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #28  
Diane on track July 2014

Amber -- my boys take melatonin sometimes when they need to get to sleep and are too wound (as per the recommendation from their doctor). Although the bottle says 1 tablet is the dosage, the dr. said we could do 3 x 3mg and they are only 70 lbs. I never have done that as it seemed extreme, but if you've tried melatonin, and one tablet doesn't seem enough to help you sleep perhaps 2 or switching to the 5 mg strength might help?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Morning ladies!
IP43- I am so excited for you about the house! I have been in the possible two mortgage situation twice and it worked out beautifully both times. Never had a single overlapping month. So it can be done! Sending lots of good luck vibes

And personally, definitely not pregnant lol. I think I will try to maintain ketosis with low carb this week. Tried unrestricted pancakes this am, no go. Could only eat 1/3. The upside is that my prior to IP favorite and worst for you foods hold no appeal either. So I'm not tempted to go crazy off. I figure if I'm forcing myself to eat, might as well force healthy food down.
My coach says some people develop a touch of anorexia when on the plan. Not anorexia nervosa, the eating disorder. Just trouble eating. I love this diet's results too much to give up. I'm just going to push through this like any other challenge to staying OP.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #30  
Diane on track July 2014

Thanks dangeron! We're sooo excited but then we went to the bank... it's not "out of the question" yet but they do have to look at "worst case scenarios" on whether we could carry extra mortgages if we don't sell so we're still waiting for that "final word". Still need fingers crossed for a few more days
Closed Thread