Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
... and I still feel ok. Like several others on here I also slept terribly last night. Was tossing and turning throughout the night dreaming about restricted and non-restricted foods. Then my cat threw up on the bed at 4am. Yes, the cute one in my avatar. Cleaned it up, went back to bed. Wasn't laying there five minutes when I heard my other cat making the puke noises downstairs. That one I left until morning.

Made myself the chocolate drink, blended with a cup of coffee, cup of spinach and ice for breakfast. If you haven't tried it, you really can't taste the spinach at all. I was very skeptical, but I am now a believer!
I actually made a vanilla shake/coffee/spinach drink by mistake one day and it wasn't bad!! I bet it's better with chocolate!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I actually made a vanilla shake/coffee/spinach drink by mistake one day and it wasn't bad!! I bet it's better with chocolate!
I really thought it was a fantastic and very filling breakfast. I had seen the idea in a few different places to mix the drinks with spinach. Some said to add some WF chocolate syrup, but I don't have any of that yet. I thought it was great as-is. I also don't know how it comes out if you use something like a Vita-mix. I have a Cuisinart smoothie maker and it chopped the spinach up ok, but you could still see the little flakes a bit.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #33  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Default Coupon Alert

Target is giving $10 off a $30 purchase of health drinks & bars.

I just bought six 4-packs of EAS Shakes for $22.94, $1.15 each (Strawberry, Vanilla or Dark Chocolate).

Chocolate Fudge is cheaper and comes out to $1.00 each!

It's an e-coupon. Text HEALTH4 to Target at 827-438 and it will download to your smart phone.

I didn't buy any bars because I'm not sure which are safe. I'm 95% IP products right now.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #34  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
Target is giving $10 off a $30 purchase of health drinks & bars.

I just bought six 4-packs of EAS Shakes for $22.94, $1.15 each (Strawberry, Vanilla or Dark Chocolate).

Chocolate Fudge is cheaper and comes out to $1.00 each!

It's an e-coupon. Text HEALTH4 to Target at 827-438 and it will download to your smart phone.

I didn't buy any bars because I'm not sure which are safe. I'm 95% IP products right now.
Thanks...I love the EAS Carb Advantage choc fudge drinks!!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #35  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I just had to share an incredible NSV AND scale victory! I have been on IP (using alternatives) for 9 weeks. When I started, I already had a Memorial Day trip planned to visit friends, and I had been super nervous about it. Happy to say that I stayed 100% OP through two 8-hour driving days, an entire day walking around the city of Boston, a BBQ, and a full day at an amusement park! Got home and I am down 3 pounds since weighing in Friday morning before leaving on our trip.

I absolutely cannot believe that I was able to do this. I am proud of my planning, positive self-talk, and willpower of steel! And it makes me less nervous of my trip to the beach at the end of July...I got this!!
Most excellent! I am so proud of your accomplishment, and I am sure you are proud of yourself! Please remember how good this feels in the future, when those temptations rear their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
This is great! I just downloaded the Beck Lifestyle audiobook so that I can listen to it in my car. I must say - at least 80% of my eating habits are emotional/psychological. Story of my whole life so far - but I hope to change it for the better! I'm a sugar addict, with chocolate as my first choice. I think I will always struggle with my food preferences, but to be more in control of when I allow myself to have a bit of it - will feel great (once I get there). I'm so glad there is this forum to turn to to celebrate and to share in weak moments
Awesome! It is great to be in control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
Hi everyone, This is the end of my first week alternative style and I am down 7 lbs.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I had my official weigh-in this AM after my trip to Florida. I am beyond excited because I am down 4.5 lbs in the nearly two weeks I was on the road. Wahooooo! There were a few times on the road that I was pretty grumpy that everyone was eating Dairy Queen or other treats on the trip. Now I know that it was worth it!
Congrats!

Quote:
Made myself the chocolate drink, blended with a cup of coffee, cup of spinach and ice for breakfast. If you haven't tried it, you really can't taste the spinach at all. I was very skeptical, but I am now a believer!
That is too funny. I am skeptical, too, but everyone swears that it is delish! It would have to be chocolate; I don't think I could tolerate a spinach-green vanilla shake LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
Target is giving $10 off a $30 purchase of health drinks & bars. It's an e-coupon. Text HEALTH4 to Target at 827-438 and it will download to your smart phone.
Thank you for sharing!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Default Wow....

I didn't sleep particularly well last night, either; probably got 6.5 hrs before I had to get up to go to the doctor. Weighed myself, 117.4 (+0.2lbs from yesterday, blah.) Came home, went back to sleep for another couple of hours, weighed myself again ... 116.2. I knew those last couple of hours of sleep are super-important for memory and learning--that's when your brain does most of its daily filing--but apparently, those hours are super important for weight loss, too! That must be where those two big slowdowns I had at the end of the school year came from.

to those of us who can't sleep!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 195/156.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I really thought it was a fantastic and very filling breakfast. I had seen the idea in a few different places to mix the drinks with spinach. Some said to add some WF chocolate syrup, but I don't have any of that yet. I thought it was great as-is. I also don't know how it comes out if you use something like a Vita-mix. I have a Cuisinart smoothie maker and it chopped the spinach up ok, but you could still see the little flakes a bit.
I use a vita mix for spinach in my chocolate drink and no texture. I also accidently froze my bag of spinach (put the ice back in the fridge and the spinach in the freezer early one morning) and it blends up even nicer. So now I freeze my spinach all the time to toss in with my chocolate drink - I love it. Coffee is good with it too.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 192/185/155

Height: 5'8

I'm going for my second weigh in tomorrow. I've decided that I am not going to look at numbers anymore. I want to fit into a pair of Miss Me jeans I haven't worn in years. How do I break it to my coach I'm not looking at my weight anymore.. just inches. Since technically she makes money off the more weight I loose. I'm tired of always worrying about "numbers" . I just like my clothes to look nice.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymom View Post
I'm going for my second weigh in tomorrow. I've decided that I am not going to look at numbers anymore. I want to fit into a pair of Miss Me jeans I haven't worn in years. How do I break it to my coach I'm not looking at my weight anymore.. just inches. Since technically she makes money off the more weight I loose. I'm tired of always worrying about "numbers" . I just like my clothes to look nice.
I think that sounds like a healthy thing to do!!

They really make money off of how much weight we lose?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #40  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Quote:
Since technically she makes money off the more weight I loose. I'm tired of always worrying about "numbers" . I just like my clothes to look nice.
I didn't realize they were compensated by weight loss...I guess I figured it was commission on the food, which is expensive

Had my WI today and excited to say that this week I said farewell to 9.8lbs and 7 inches!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
I didn't realize they were compensated by weight loss...I guess I figured it was commission on the food, which is expensive

Had my WI today and excited to say that this week I said farewell to 9.8lbs and 7 inches!

Great job! Big numbers, can't wait to see mine tomorrow. I always wondered what the actual cost of the products are, my coach is willing to give them to me at cost to help with her marketing.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #42  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah View Post
Great job! Big numbers, can't wait to see mine tomorrow. I always wondered what the actual cost of the products are, my coach is willing to give them to me at cost to help with her marketing.
Thank you!

Today I bought one week of food (that she had put together), one box of drinks, one box of oatmeal, one box of bars and a WF dressing...$199! My husband starts is program tomorrow, we are going to make our coach rich
Old 05-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Thank you!

Today I bought one week of food (that she had put together), one box of drinks, one box of oatmeal, one box of bars and a WF dressing...$199! My husband starts is program tomorrow, we are going to make our coach rich
Good lord! What is the price per item? I bought my WF from netrition online, much cheaper and ordered a few things. Sadly only like the Italian and thousand island so far. I have Alfredo sauce to try tonight with chicken and zuchinni noodles.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #44  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Day two of my restart. I'm not hungry I feel bloated but, I always do. I'm so sleepy that I could go to bed but, it's only 3:45pm. Still have to cook for my boys but, would like to just go to bed.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Thank you!

This seems kind of strange... After the first week intro package (which my coach customized for me anyhow since I have to be gluten free) I could choose whatever products I wanted and there was even a trade basket - if you didn't like something after trying it, you could bring the rest of the packets in to trade for what someone else had brought in.

Quote:
There was a base rate for coaching that everyone was charged at my clinic but no 'price per pound lost' sort of thing. The inches lost and body fat % lowering are definitely part of it, not just poundage. If you don't want to know, don't look and have her keep track for you on her charts, but do all your measures every time and bring your journal and write them in weekly for your NSV's.

Liana
Closed Thread