Old 05-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #16  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Yay! That's awesome, and I can totally relate! I've been getting some of the same comments.
Congrats to you, as well!
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I saw three people over this weekend who hadn't seen me since I started IP. Not one of them noticed that I have lost weight, at least they didn't comment if they did notice. I thought my friends were more observant. The only people who have commented on my losses are the ones who know what I am doing. I'm not wearing baggy clothes so I'm not sure why no one said anything. I don't need their approval because I know what my numbers are, but it was strange. No one at work has said anything either. I took some comparison pictures and I see a little change but not a whole lot. That may explain it.

Last edited by catlady1981; 05-26-2014 at 06:22 PM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 290/230/220

Height: 5'11"

Talking No i am not sick im getting healthy

I have been on IP now for six months started at 290LB now im at 235.5
and hear it all the time. my response is GETTING HEALTHY my friend
GETTING HEALTHY. You have to keep in mind most people have never seen us this skinny before thanks to IP so I use it as motivation. My IP support group came up with the slogan, B.T.D.M BABY which stands for
BLOWING..
THEIR..
DAMN..
MINDS..

Which is how they look when they see YOU and I for the first time since doing IP.
Don't EVER EVER EVER see it as a negative comments.....
Let those COMMENTS be your MOTIVATION to keep GOING.

Hope this help a little and good luck to you.

B.T.D.M. BABY EACH AND EVERY DAY.
bigsidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I saw three people over this weekend who hadn't seen me since I started IP. Not one of them noticed that I have lost weight, at least they didn't comment if they did notice. I thought my friends were more observant. The only people who have commented on my losses are the ones who know what I am doing. I'm not wearing baggy clothes so I'm not sure why no one said anything. I don't need their approval because I know what my numbers are, but it was strange. No one at work has said anything either. I took some comparison pictures and I see a little change but not a whole lot. That may explain it.
I started getting comments when I passed -30lbs, so maybe you'll start seeing more of a difference and getting more comments in the next couple of weeks. (And I've gotten A LOT of comments since I passed -50lbs.)
Fearciuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #20  
KMainprize

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

Some of these post are so funny and make me smile. I wish I could be as crafty as Cheetos and meth!
It is the unfortunate part about loosing weight, there will always be the people who make negative stabs at you for losing weight, or how you are doing it. I found when I first did this, I was super happy when people would tell me how good I looked, but after a month or two it got tiresome, and I wish there was something else we could talk about rather then my ever changing body. Sometime you just have to remember people who make the negative stabs tend to be unhappy with themselves and need to bring other down.
Congrats everyone on their losses, its a hard thing to do, and such an awesome accomplishment
KillerKandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #21  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I am only down 15 lbs and have only gotten compliments from those who know I am dieting. I think some of it is because, honestly, people really do not focus a lot on other people's flaws (thank goodness!!!!). I also think that commenting about someone's weight can be a bit of a back-handed compliment. (You look great....what does that mean you looked like before?).

Funniest comment I got was when I told a someone what I weighed when I started, and they said, "Well I didn't know you then." I laughed and said, "That was just 3 weeks ago!". I don't tend to carry as much weight in my face, so I think that makes a difference also, since people notice face-loss before body loss.

Yes....LOVE the Meth and Cheetos diet! My new method!!!!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #22  

Height: 5 '6

I think I was down about 50 pounds before people seemed to really notice... those who knew I was on the plan were looking for changes and noticed.. other people just don't pay much attention...

I've had a few friends who suddenly seemed to notice I'd lost a ton of weight even though I had seen them regularly... they just hadn't taken the time to really look!

Last edited by Hiker88; 05-27-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote