Old 05-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #76  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck Diet Solution
May 13, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

If you’re not doing as well with healthy eating as you’d like and think, “I can’t even do it now, how will I ever be able to do it?” remind yourself that not being totally on track is NOT an indication that you can’t do it (now or in the future), it’s simply a sign that you need more practice. But like any skill, the more you practice, the better you’ll get. This is no different!
My co-worker just made the comment (about something else) that practice does not make perfect, practice makes habits. I thought that was very fitting.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
It's great to hear that losing weight can continue through P2 & P3. And to hear that things continue to tighten and evolve, assuming you are working for that, in maintenance is very heartening to imagine.

I feel like, mentally, I am ready for maintenance. I feel like I have lost my "fire" for losing/P1, does that make sense? The urgency and drive are gone. I am happy with where I am. As I said, I am now losing to shore up for any bump and to build a range-frame for maintenance. Well, that is not as motivating as "needing" to lose is. I am beginning to think about phasing off . . . but then I worry that I will end up in a place where I am 5 - 8 lbs over what I was striving for. I guess I am having trouble having faith that I won't gain the minute I get off P1. Hmmm . . . that may spell a stressful phase off and maintenance for me, at least at first.
When I first phased off to rest my thyroid (or rejuvinate it!), I felt the same way. I was literally shocked in December when I pulled out all of my summer clothes and they all still fit. Somehow I thought I'd regained weight overnight. I'm getting close to a year in the same clothes. I really want to lose at least 20 more but my thyroid health is more important at this time. When it resets and I no longer need meds, we will consider focus on weight loss. Until then, its good and it IS possible to keep it off.

Most of the folks who phase off properly and monitor carefully actually continue to lose.

Worst-case, you could re-start p1 if the continued losing doesn't happen for you.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-13-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

jo4applerose, I am a super slow loser, but keep going, it will average out. Your body may lose slower one week and make up for it the next week. Some people even have good, good, slow, med. good. lol Hang in there your body is adjusting.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #79  

Height: 5'3"

I got my order from Nashua today and I cannot believe how much I actually ended up getting for less than $100!!! I'm doing alternatives and already know I love the EAS RTD's + Detour bars, but this time I can actually afford other items. I think variety will keep me on IP long term. This is what I got:

HealthSmart Cold Drink - Proticcino
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Chocolate Covered Peanut
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter Crunch
Kay's Naturals - Grab 'N' Go Variety Pack = 15 individual bags
Proti-Thin Snack - Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
ProtDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
Snackergy Zippers - Sour Cream & Onion
2 samples of protein powder; Syntrax Nectar - Apple Ecstasy & Cappuccino

I'M SO EXCITED!!! Now to weigh.. that I'm not looking forward to, but you have to start somewhere, right?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I got my order from Nashua today and I cannot believe how much I actually ended up getting for less than $100!!! I'm doing alternatives and already know I love the EAS RTD's + Detour bars, but this time I can actually afford other items. I think variety will keep me on IP long term. This is what I got:

HealthSmart Cold Drink - Proticcino
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Chocolate Covered Peanut
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter Crunch
Kay's Naturals - Grab 'N' Go Variety Pack = 15 individual bags
Proti-Thin Snack - Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
ProtDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
Snackergy Zippers - Sour Cream & Onion
2 samples of protein powder; Syntrax Nectar - Apple Ecstasy & Cappuccino

I'M SO EXCITED!!! Now to weigh.. that I'm not looking forward to, but you have to start somewhere, right?

LOVE Nashua and the money savings is funding my new wardrobe!!

Just be aware a lot of your items are restricteds... I had to make sure when I was first ordering to check my balance of nonrestricted/restricted... Of course you may gave lots of other items too, but just wanted to point that out for those who may be newer to ordering!

Have fun... It's great to be able to afford to have variety to choose from each week!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 16 of my reboot with my coach. Second weigh in is Thursday. I am so excited that I will be able to wear the cute summer clothes I have in my closet this summer. Refused to buy a bigger size. A lot of people are doing well without a coach but I found that my reboot was always going to start tomorrow. Tomorrow never came. I feel that going back to my coach has given me the motivation I needed. I feel so good and so much energy not eating processed foods.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
LOVE Nashua and the money savings is funding my new wardrobe!!

Just be aware a lot of your items are restricteds... I had to make sure when I was first ordering to check my balance of nonrestricted/restricted... Of course you may gave lots of other items too, but just wanted to point that out for those who may be newer to ordering!

Have fun... It's great to be able to afford to have variety to choose from each week!
They are wonderful. I also got the lifetime membership and saved so much more that way.

Thank you for reminding me of that! I'll be watching those closely. I have some more things to get but want to make sure I have a good overall variety. I've done IP before, 2 or so years ago, and had to keep a close eye on restricted/unrestricted items.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
They are wonderful. I also got the lifetime membership and saved so much more that way.

Thank you for reminding me of that! I'll be watching those closely. I have some more things to get but want to make sure I have a good overall variety. I've done IP before, 2 or so years ago, and had to keep a close eye on restricted/unrestricted items.
I am also a Lifetime Member and love getting an ADDITIONAL 10% off even on sales!

Do you have the info for comparing alternative products to IP nutritional parameters. I use that to make my selections. (Second post on page one of the alternative thread)
Old 05-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I am also a Lifetime Member and love getting an ADDITIONAL 10% off even on sales!

Do you have the info for comparing alternative products to IP nutritional parameters. I use that to make my selections. (Second post on page one of the alternative thread)
I do! I'm going to add the things I purchased to it so I can make sure I have it all straight on there.

My mother is doing IP with me as well and she doesn't research as much as me, so the more information, the better. I have a folder full of all things IP.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #85  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Any suggestion on healthy lunchmeat? I keep seeing at least 1g carbs per serving. I would like to get some for my trip. Also, is there a restriction on how often you can eat tuna? I know there was mention of maybe salmon restriction. I can't find my sheet. I usually have frozen chicken breast as my protein...I picked up some canned chicken (low salt, no additives). Any restrictions there? TIA
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Any suggestion on healthy lunchmeat? I keep seeing at least 1g carbs per serving. I would like to get some for my trip. Also, is there a restriction on how often you can eat tuna? I know there was mention of maybe salmon restriction. I can't find my sheet. I usually have frozen chicken breast as my protein...I picked up some canned chicken (low salt, no additives). Any restrictions there? TIA
Go to the first post if this thread to find a link to the sheet. No one should be without it. There is a TON if info in that post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #87  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Go to the first post if this thread to find a link to the sheet. No one should be without it. There is a TON if info in that post
Thanks! Love having a digital copy. I see that they mention fat free ham but still no clarification on lunch meat.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #88  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks! Love having a digital copy. I see that they mention fat free ham but still no clarification on lunch meat.
I used lunch meat very sparingly in P1 and then only in a pinch - there are crazy high sodium levels in most of it. Look for the lowest fat you can find - roast beef surprisingly was the lowest I could find. Instead try hard boiling eggs ahead of time (they keep well) or the foil packs of tuna. Or both - a can of tuna with a hard boiled egg in it will give you approximately 8 oz of protein.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

I've been on the program for one week and haven't lost one pound! Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm following the plan to a tee, No cheats. Any advice???
Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #90  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle36lbs View Post
I've been on the program for one week and haven't lost one pound! Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm following the plan to a tee, No cheats. Any advice???
Hi Michelle - it's really hard to give you any advice without knowing more information. What is your starting weight? How tall are you? How much do you have to lose? What are you eating each day? Do you have any medical conditions? Are you getting all your water in? Were you eating low carb prior to starting?

Having said that, sometimes our bodies are weird. Most people get a big loss the first week but there are some that don't. You have to be patient and let the diet work.

Try posting your day's menu on the "What Are You Eating Today Ipeeps" thread - people there are very good at spotting if there's something off on your menu.
Closed Thread