3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #76
Member-started IP 3/15/14
 
SophieLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 91

S/C/G: 273/207/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck Diet Solution
May 13, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

If you’re not doing as well with healthy eating as you’d like and think, “I can’t even do it now, how will I ever be able to do it?” remind yourself that not being totally on track is NOT an indication that you can’t do it (now or in the future), it’s simply a sign that you need more practice. But like any skill, the more you practice, the better you’ll get. This is no different!
My co-worker just made the comment (about something else) that practice does not make perfect, practice makes habits. I thought that was very fitting.
__________________


SophieLT is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #77
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,979

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
It's great to hear that losing weight can continue through P2 & P3. And to hear that things continue to tighten and evolve, assuming you are working for that, in maintenance is very heartening to imagine.

I feel like, mentally, I am ready for maintenance. I feel like I have lost my "fire" for losing/P1, does that make sense? The urgency and drive are gone. I am happy with where I am. As I said, I am now losing to shore up for any bump and to build a range-frame for maintenance. Well, that is not as motivating as "needing" to lose is. I am beginning to think about phasing off . . . but then I worry that I will end up in a place where I am 5 - 8 lbs over what I was striving for. I guess I am having trouble having faith that I won't gain the minute I get off P1. Hmmm . . . that may spell a stressful phase off and maintenance for me, at least at first.
When I first phased off to rest my thyroid (or rejuvinate it!), I felt the same way. I was literally shocked in December when I pulled out all of my summer clothes and they all still fit. Somehow I thought I'd regained weight overnight. I'm getting close to a year in the same clothes. I really want to lose at least 20 more but my thyroid health is more important at this time. When it resets and I no longer need meds, we will consider focus on weight loss. Until then, its good and it IS possible to keep it off.

Most of the folks who phase off properly and monitor carefully actually continue to lose.

Worst-case, you could re-start p1 if the continued losing doesn't happen for you.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing


Last edited by lisa32989 : 05-13-2014 at 05:28 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,787

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

jo4applerose, I am a super slow loser, but keep going, it will average out. Your body may lose slower one week and make up for it the next week. Some people even have good, good, slow, med. good. lol Hang in there your body is adjusting.
__________________


WI 1: -4.0 WI 5: -2.0 WI 9: -0.6
WI 2: -0.6 WI 6: -1.2 WI 10: -2.0
WI 3: 0.0 WI 7: -0.8
WI 4: -1.2 WI 8: +0.4
Bellamack is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #79
IP ON 5/15/14
 
readytolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 319/293/159

Height: 5'3"

Default

I got my order from Nashua today and I cannot believe how much I actually ended up getting for less than $100!!! I'm doing alternatives and already know I love the EAS RTD's + Detour bars, but this time I can actually afford other items. I think variety will keep me on IP long term. This is what I got:

HealthSmart Cold Drink - Proticcino
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Chocolate Covered Peanut
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter Crunch
Kay's Naturals - Grab 'N' Go Variety Pack = 15 individual bags
Proti-Thin Snack - Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
ProtDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
Snackergy Zippers - Sour Cream & Onion
2 samples of protein powder; Syntrax Nectar - Apple Ecstasy & Cappuccino

I'M SO EXCITED!!! Now to weigh.. that I'm not looking forward to, but you have to start somewhere, right?
readytolive is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,029

S/C/G: 217/183/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I got my order from Nashua today and I cannot believe how much I actually ended up getting for less than $100!!! I'm doing alternatives and already know I love the EAS RTD's + Detour bars, but this time I can actually afford other items. I think variety will keep me on IP long term. This is what I got:

HealthSmart Cold Drink - Proticcino
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Chocolate Covered Peanut
HealthSmart Protein Bar - Peanut Butter Crunch
Kay's Naturals - Grab 'N' Go Variety Pack = 15 individual bags
Proti-Thin Snack - Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
ProtDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar
Snackergy Zippers - Sour Cream & Onion
2 samples of protein powder; Syntrax Nectar - Apple Ecstasy & Cappuccino

I'M SO EXCITED!!! Now to weigh.. that I'm not looking forward to, but you have to start somewhere, right?

LOVE Nashua and the money savings is funding my new wardrobe!!

Just be aware a lot of your items are restricteds... I had to make sure when I was first ordering to check my balance of nonrestricted/restricted... Of course you may gave lots of other items too, but just wanted to point that out for those who may be newer to ordering!

Have fun... It's great to be able to afford to have variety to choose from each week!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
coffeebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 206

S/C/G: 162/157/145

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Default

Day 16 of my reboot with my coach. Second weigh in is Thursday. I am so excited that I will be able to wear the cute summer clothes I have in my closet this summer. Refused to buy a bigger size. A lot of people are doing well without a coach but I found that my reboot was always going to start tomorrow. Tomorrow never came. I feel that going back to my coach has given me the motivation I needed. I feel so good and so much energy not eating processed foods.
__________________
coffeebean is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #82
IP ON 5/15/14
 
readytolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 319/293/159

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
LOVE Nashua and the money savings is funding my new wardrobe!!

Just be aware a lot of your items are restricteds... I had to make sure when I was first ordering to check my balance of nonrestricted/restricted... Of course you may gave lots of other items too, but just wanted to point that out for those who may be newer to ordering!

Have fun... It's great to be able to afford to have variety to choose from each week!
They are wonderful. I also got the lifetime membership and saved so much more that way.

Thank you for reminding me of that! I'll be watching those closely. I have some more things to get but want to make sure I have a good overall variety. I've done IP before, 2 or so years ago, and had to keep a close eye on restricted/unrestricted items.
readytolive is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,029

S/C/G: 217/183/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
They are wonderful. I also got the lifetime membership and saved so much more that way.

Thank you for reminding me of that! I'll be watching those closely. I have some more things to get but want to make sure I have a good overall variety. I've done IP before, 2 or so years ago, and had to keep a close eye on restricted/unrestricted items.
I am also a Lifetime Member and love getting an ADDITIONAL 10% off even on sales!

Do you have the info for comparing alternative products to IP nutritional parameters. I use that to make my selections. (Second post on page one of the alternative thread)
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is offline  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #84
IP ON 5/15/14
 
readytolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 319/293/159

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I am also a Lifetime Member and love getting an ADDITIONAL 10% off even on sales!

Do you have the info for comparing alternative products to IP nutritional parameters. I use that to make my selections. (Second post on page one of the alternative thread)
I do! I'm going to add the things I purchased to it so I can make sure I have it all straight on there.

My mother is doing IP with me as well and she doesn't research as much as me, so the more information, the better. I have a folder full of all things IP.
readytolive is offline  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #85
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 416

S/C/G: 170/135.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Any suggestion on healthy lunchmeat? I keep seeing at least 1g carbs per serving. I would like to get some for my trip. Also, is there a restriction on how often you can eat tuna? I know there was mention of maybe salmon restriction. I can't find my sheet. I usually have frozen chicken breast as my protein...I picked up some canned chicken (low salt, no additives). Any restrictions there? TIA
evemomma is offline  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #86
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,979

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Any suggestion on healthy lunchmeat? I keep seeing at least 1g carbs per serving. I would like to get some for my trip. Also, is there a restriction on how often you can eat tuna? I know there was mention of maybe salmon restriction. I can't find my sheet. I usually have frozen chicken breast as my protein...I picked up some canned chicken (low salt, no additives). Any restrictions there? TIA
Go to the first post if this thread to find a link to the sheet. No one should be without it. There is a TON if info in that post
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #87
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 416

S/C/G: 170/135.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Go to the first post if this thread to find a link to the sheet. No one should be without it. There is a TON if info in that post
Thanks! Love having a digital copy. I see that they mention fat free ham but still no clarification on lunch meat.
evemomma is offline  
Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #88
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,550

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks! Love having a digital copy. I see that they mention fat free ham but still no clarification on lunch meat.
I used lunch meat very sparingly in P1 and then only in a pinch - there are crazy high sodium levels in most of it. Look for the lowest fat you can find - roast beef surprisingly was the lowest I could find. Instead try hard boiling eggs ahead of time (they keep well) or the foil packs of tuna. Or both - a can of tuna with a hard boiled egg in it will give you approximately 8 oz of protein.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #89
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Height: 5'7"

Default

I've been on the program for one week and haven't lost one pound! Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm following the plan to a tee, No cheats. Any advice???
Michelle36lbs is offline  
Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #90
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,550

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle36lbs View Post
I've been on the program for one week and haven't lost one pound! Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm following the plan to a tee, No cheats. Any advice???
Hi Michelle - it's really hard to give you any advice without knowing more information. What is your starting weight? How tall are you? How much do you have to lose? What are you eating each day? Do you have any medical conditions? Are you getting all your water in? Were you eating low carb prior to starting?

Having said that, sometimes our bodies are weird. Most people get a big loss the first week but there are some that don't. You have to be patient and let the diet work.

Try posting your day's menu on the "What Are You Eating Today Ipeeps" thread - people there are very good at spotting if there's something off on your menu.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2